Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETH match the BTC?  (Read 3359 times)
CoinOverlord

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:22:59 PM

Keep in mind that in one point in time ETH was VERY CLOSE to killing BTC at one point. People called it "The Flippening" and ETH was very very close to dethroning BTC.

Will it happen? I don't think so.

Ever? No.

Bitcoin is the number one undisputed champion GOD lord savior legendary eternal king master overlord of ALL COINS PERIOD.
alekad

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:43:10 PM

I see only one reasonable reason: the supply of BTC is limited and the revenue declines over time. There are market whales invovled in BTC mining and I'm sure they have abilities to support BTC price.
So hardly ether can match bitcoin. I think potentially other coins can, say zec.
Lifework

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:50:32 PM

Keep in mind that in one point in time ETH was VERY CLOSE to killing BTC at one point. People called it "The Flippening" and ETH was very very close to dethroning BTC.

Ever? No.

Bitcoin is the number one undisputed champion GOD lord savior legendary eternal king master overlord of ALL COINS PERIOD.

I bet if you contact BTC and show them all the posts you make with pretend BTC balls in your mouth someone there might give you an internship to fan their balls from under their mining stations. Sometimes you gotta start at the ground level when working for the "champion God Lord Savior" heavenly crypto kingdom.
Ertetert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:18:25 PM

From a technical standpoint:

Can you use BTC for all stuff you can use ETH for? No.
Can you use ETH for all stuff you can use BTC for? Yes.

In the long run ETH is better. The quetion is how much time there is left before some new technology appears that makes them both obsolete.
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:23:45 PM

In the summer I thought it would be 100% probable, but now I doubt it at all. Bitcoin stood very powerful

asianjanedoe

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:54:17 PM

I see ETH as the next internet platform.
You'll need ETH to join the inner workings if I'm getting this correct.
Bitcoin is a store of value only. Like money.
ETH you can use to trigger actions digitally.
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:09:18 AM

ETH would play a great role in the future in case the protocol would get more updates and would be more, let’s say more developer friendly. However, giving the amount of funds invested in BTC companies and especially in mining, I don't think that ETH would evenly matched or beat BTC.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:10:48 AM

Ever? No.

I bet if you contact BTC and show them all the posts you make with pretend BTC balls in your mouth someone there might give you an internship to fan their balls from under their mining stations. Sometimes you gotta start at the ground level when working for the "champion God Lord Savior" heavenly crypto kingdom.
What do you mean? There is no possible way to contact BTC. The whole system is based on everybody holding the coin...unless you are trying to contact every user...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
wihoe

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:15:22 AM

It cannot have the same unit price, but for the long term investment, growthwise, ETH will be the winner.
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:31:08 AM

When I search for the keywords "Ethereum" and "supply" the first result is that although there is no hardcoded limit, there is practical limit. Eventually Ethereum Proof-of-Work will move into Ice Age. It will be so hard to mine there are barely any new Ether. The  practical maximum supply is about 100 million.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-limit-to-the-supply-of-Ethereum
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

does not seem. because bitcoin is the mother of all coins. and bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency.
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:58:52 AM

ETH is a great project with brilliant future but it will be always after BTC . it's a fact

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:04:36 AM

ETH is a great project with brilliant future but it will be always after BTC . it's a fact

ETH is dying right now, If ETH is a great project, It's price will not be volatile just like what happening right now, ETH must limit the allowable ICO that can used their smart contract in the future. Crypto currency is too crowded right which is the cause of high volatility.

richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:11:53 AM

In my opinion this is can be happen because ETH can be bigger than BTC in the future,  volume and market cap of   ETH nearly to BTC.  Founder of ETH Vitalik Buterin also jenius that always have new idea to be more development of ETH platform.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
xurestey

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:34:53 AM

I think it is very difficult though ETH is a good coin. Because bitcoins are very expensive and are accepted the most in the world. The amount of bitcoin is not much so its value increases continuously.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:37:42 AM

I'm in this crypto world about two months, I've been observing the power of ETH!
not for another 10 years,because BTC strongly holding and dominating the whole crypto,its power and credibility continuous to prosper and its high value keeps this crypto round,so if ETH over BtC is the topic i think all i can say is.ETH time will come..but not to soon.
jarong

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:56:46 AM

It is impossible to achieve the price of Bitcoin, and its market value will continue to rise
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3854

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:02:47 AM

Can ETH match BTC? On market cap? Probably. On price? Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

The thing though is, there's no point comparing the two. Bitcoin and Ethereum are made for two different purposes. Bitcoin as a digital currency/payment system, whereas Ethereum was made for smart contracts.

I believe that only ETH and maybe Waves are able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish them a bright future. I'm very curious how it all ends.
True, but only probably in our decade. In the following decades though, who knows? It's very very possible for another new or existing coin to just kick out bitcoin and ethereum off the #1 and #2 spot.

Can ETH match BTC? On market cap? Probably. On price? Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

The thing though is, there's no point comparing the two. Bitcoin and Ethereum are made for two different purposes. Bitcoin as a digital currency/payment system, whereas Ethereum was made for smart contracts.

I believe that only ETH and maybe Waves are able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish them a bright future. I'm very curious how it all ends.

Ever heard of an altcoin that is more expensive than BTC? I think there are few.

yes my friend, look at 42-coin, I'd like to get one from her !!!! Smiley
True. 42-coin is definitely high in price. But what do you expect out of a coin that only has a max coins of 42 coins?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:48:26 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 03:49:27 AM by Bitfort

IMO it can't because of unlimited ETH supply. Though it's a great coin with great features the total cap is major price mover for BTC.

Sorry, relatively new to this as well. Is Bitcoin the only one with a cap? Why wouldn't the others follow suit?

No. There is lot of them (LTC, BTC forks... ).

I think the reason can be the ETH purpose is not to be "currency" or "money" or w/e term we use for things to ease the trading (goods exchange).
It's rather platform for smart contracts and limited supply could ruin it. (What if few persons would hold them all? No new smart contracts could be made at that point).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:47:06 AM

Ethereum is unlikely when compared with its cost with bitcoin. These are good and promising coins, but absolutely different, including for the purpose and function. Bitcoin will remain the leader of all the crypto currency, and the etherium is only the leader of the Altkoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: