Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETH match the BTC?  (Read 3364 times)
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 10:33:31 AM

Wheres the power of eth and alts now,  it keeps from falling. It cant ride with the power of btc. Inorder to have ETH go up again we need to slowdown bitcoin. I guess after the hardfork it will slowdown.
I'm in this crypto world about two months, I've been observing the power of ETH!
hua_hui
Legendary

Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:47:48 AM

Btc may have recently shoot up in price by a huge amount. From the lows of $3000 during the china fud, btc right now is at $7k. However, if we look at a longer horizon, eth had risen more than x100 in less than a year ago when btc is $1k.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:02:35 AM

looks like ethereum is going to satoshi level due bitcoin price is rising like crazy.
Until we hit the 10.000$ level for bitcoin there is no chance for ethereum or any other altcoins.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:07:22 AM

Can ETH match BTC? On market cap? Probably. On price? Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

The thing though is, there's no point comparing the two. Bitcoin and Ethereum are made for two different purposes. Bitcoin as a digital currency/payment system, whereas Ethereum was made for smart contracts.

I believe that only ETH and maybe Waves are able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish them a bright future. I'm very curious how it all ends.
I do not think so, bitcoin value is to far on ethereum value, bitcoin progress is very successful as we can see at the price increase of bitcoin comparing last month it is a huge difference and more people are happy and generate huge income specially for bitcoin holders. Ethereum is just an altcoin which can be dissappear and always depending on bitcoin value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
naitik01

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

Such as Ethereum is growing rapidly in the market,it is possible BTC level. Ethereum grow very well and i wish them a bright future.
valisa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:10:27 PM

ETH is very strong but for now nobody can surpass the dominance of bitcoin, because bitcoin is the main one in the world of crypto, and bitcoin is already widely known, maybe eth takes some time to keep up with bitcoin
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:29:37 PM

If they make forks like Bitcoin and distribute free coins, Ethereum can grow bigger. But they don't do it and may not do it.
I don't see that the actual Ethereum can match Bitcoin. Bitcoin is too popular and more used than Ethereum. Except for ICO.
Ethereum needs a lot more support if it wants to go up.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:46:38 PM

eth will not be able to beat bitcoin .. now bitcoin is the no 1, with a fantastic price, and bitcoin prices are beat eth price
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:15:25 PM

eth would be second to btc in terms of trading activitt daily with regards for the price i think it take decade for eth to beat btc price

rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:16:47 PM

I'm in this crypto world about two months, I've been observing the power of ETH!
It is so difficult to say the answer of your question.As i think ethereum will go high but its not sure, ethereum is good alt coin, but the bitcoin price is so high, it cant be match as i think, but eth and waves coin is very good coin without any doubt..

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:18:56 PM

Can ETH match BTC? On market cap? Probably. On price? Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

The thing though is, there's no point comparing the two. Bitcoin and Ethereum are made for two different purposes. Bitcoin as a digital currency/payment system, whereas Ethereum was made for smart contracts.

I believe that only ETH and maybe Waves are able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish them a bright future. I'm very curious how it all ends.

It can match or come close, I think. The path Eth is taking is just similar with what Bitcoin took in its earlier stages. It's value have been on the rise continuously, but we have to consider that Bitcoin's value is just as filled of potential and is steadily rising. I mean as of late, it reached $7,000. If it will go on to be recognized by more and more people, Eth would have that same potential as bitcoins.
hua_hui
Legendary

Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:24:35 PM

I dont think they can match eachother ever. Many reasons.
Bitcoin was made as a digital currency. Bitcoin is capped.
Ethereum was made for smart contracts. Ethereum is not capped.
But whatever the case Bitcoin will always be the mother of the cryptoworld no matter what happens. However, Ethereums feature smart contract is revolutionary and has helped other altcoins to be created.

You are quite right. Bitcoin is a deflationary coins so the price will keep going up. And it is the fatherhood of all crypto, so it will be seen as a king of value holder. On the other hand, eth is meant to make crypto integrate to our daily lives.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:26:58 PM

we will surely see another massive pump at some point. it will not be this year and it may not be for a couple of months in the next year either. most probably it will be after a massive dump happens but it will come.

but you can never pump any altcoin enough to come anything near bitcoin's dominance of the whole market. bitcoin is too big and has lots of usages and adoptions to  compete to. it is already too late for a coin that its only usage is ICO creation to compete with it.

i can see other altcoins that have the least "currency" usage to be able to compete with it though.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:29:34 PM

Ever heard of an altcoin that is more expensive than BTC? I think there are few.
At this point in time there are none to be known of.

Everybody thought bitcoin cash was going to start surging up when it made it's last rush forward about a month ago but that surge died in midstream.

Ethereum can not come to it's level.
Just look at the current price of it while bitcoin is rising in value.

It is causing all alt coins to suffer and leaving all other coins in the dust in it's wake.
Freyya08

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:33:00 PM

It may seem like they are competing each other but in reality, they are of different aspects. Both coins cannot
Be compared since they are of different projects and technology and represent different areas. Moreover, eth is usually used in icos which somehow strengthens its value while bitcoin is less likely.

sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

I suppose you mean ether matching bitcoin price. I would safely say no. Bitcoin has lot more real world value. Its more decentralized (Ether is nearly fully controlled by Vitalik when it comes to decision making). And bitcoin's supply is fixed.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:34:45 PM

Everything is possible. If you compare ethereum to bitcoi, in the early stage of bitcoin we could say that ethereum is almost the same as what bitcoin walked in to but to match the current value of bitcoin, In my opinion, would be hard but not impossible. This could take years, investment and development for it to match but of course when that time comes, we could assume that bitcoin value would greatly increase.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

IMO it can't because of unlimited ETH supply. Though it's a great coin with great features the total cap is major price mover for BTC.

I agree with the reply, partly. I think even if the market is highly saturated with Eth, it's recognition, on the other hand, equals or I think is close to bitcoin. Therefore, if more and more people would use it for investment, then there would be a chance for it to have the same value or a little close. However, like how bitcoin progressed, it would maybe take longer for Eth to reach the same level.

numiv

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:46:36 PM

I strongly believe that only ETH maybe able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish a bright future to ETH.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:52:30 PM

As of this moment, I think it can't match with Bitcoin. Indeed, Etherium is also growing in all aspects same as Bitcoin but still, from the market cap up to the demand, Bitcoin is better,obviously. I'm not saying this just because the market value of Bitcoin is way higher than Etherium's price but also the large community that Bitcoin has. Community generates the demand a cryptocurrency need and demand is the factor which makes a cryptocurrency strong, referring to their market value,demand and volume.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: