Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETH match the BTC?  (Read 3348 times)
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:59:21 PM

Hi there , sorry to say but ethereum can never catch bitcoin. Actually none of these alt coins can catch it. Bitcoin is on another level compared to alt coins.

DROP TABLE users;--

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

I think not. Because all altcoins focus on Bitcoin.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:01:58 PM

Ether still have a long way to go in terms of PR and wide network uses and acceptance. Ether is faster than bitcoin and cheaper to use. Because is the first cryptocurrency. people don't seem to remember that there might be better alt out there.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:03:51 PM

Hi there , sorry to say but ethereum can never catch bitcoin. Actually none of these alt coins can catch it. Bitcoin is on another level compared to alt coins.

Few months ago ETH was close to over value bitcoin's market cap. I don't know what is going on on 2018 but the Proof of Stage switch for ethereum will be decisive.
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:21:05 AM

Bitcoin is called "The father of cryptocurrencies" for a reason and that reason is that it would always stand on top of all cryptocurrencies.Ethereum can't possibly reach the value of bitcoins as it is unlimited unlike bitcoins which is limited.But actually these are two different things:-Ethereum is mainly used for smart contracts while bitcoin is used for payments etc.

In practice Ethereum's supply won't be unlimited. It will be limited by an increasing difficulty and a lower reward per time period. It will grow very slowly beyond 100 million. Of course it is still a much higher supply than Bitcoin, so it will be hard to match its price.
nysefloortrader

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:40:53 AM

no but on the charts ascending triangle. ETH is going to $1200 soon, just so you know.

Its guarenteed. Big news coming i hear. Awesome!

tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:06:00 AM

Bitcoin is called "The father of cryptocurrencies" for a reason and that reason is that it would always stand on top of all cryptocurrencies.Ethereum can't possibly reach the value of bitcoins as it is unlimited unlike bitcoins which is limited.But actually these are two different things:-Ethereum is mainly used for smart contracts while bitcoin is used for payments etc.

In practice Ethereum's supply won't be unlimited. It will be limited by an increasing difficulty and a lower reward per time period. It will grow very slowly beyond 100 million. Of course it is still a much higher supply than Bitcoin, so it will be hard to match its price.

Yes, bitcoin's value is way too far than ETH. As of now, ETH value keeps decreasing while bitcoin as of the moment were kept on increasing although there are times it decreases but it just recover immediately. Lastly, there is a huge difference between the two and ETH will never reach the level of bitcoin.
rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:15:53 AM

This is very possible as I always said, ethereum has the best chance at dethroning bitcoin as the king of cryptocurrency.  Ethereum offers smart contracts, where ICO's can use those contracts to conduct an autonomous business model and deliver tokens to potential investors.  Ethereum also uses POW where miners are required to make verify those transactions just as bitcoin does.  I see an advantage over bitcoin but bitcoin is too big right now to overtake.
InahC

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:20:02 AM

Can ETH match BTC? On market cap? Probably. On price? Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

The thing though is, there's no point comparing the two. Bitcoin and Ethereum are made for two different purposes. Bitcoin as a digital currency/payment system, whereas Ethereum was made for smart contracts.

I believe that only ETH and maybe Waves are able to approach the bitcoin level. These crypto grow very well and I wish them a bright future. I'm very curious how it all ends.

Ever heard of an altcoin that is more expensive than BTC? I think there are few.

Yes, I've seen one ICO that has a higher price than a Bitcoin, but this kind of ICO are just ignored because nobody wants to buy a very expensive token that they don't know if they will profit from it. If you already see, no altcoin as of today is expensive and popular at the same time as Bitcoin.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:26:09 AM

I don't think ETH can match BTC's dominance in the market though ETH is very popular in ICOs today. Maybe at a later time if bitcoin is already gone for ETH to follow BTC's legacy. But for now? I think no. Not under BTC's watch.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
ledu_ico

Activity: 1250

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:28:58 AM

I'm in this crypto world about two months, I've been observing the power of ETH!

Don't think ETH will ever be more than BTC, BTC was first coin, and look at the price difference, it's huge, also ETH is unlimited which will make it only drop price in time not get bigger.

hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:29:35 AM

Ethereum is a very good coin but for me btc is the best coin for sure. May be Ethereum get more success in the coming time but Matching bitcoin looks not possible in short term. But Best of Luck to Ethereum....
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

I'm in this crypto world about two months, I've been observing the power of ETH!

They are not the same. Bitcoin is really the best but ethereum has it's own qualities or purpose too that makes it important in the digital world.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:22:19 AM

Bitcoin can not match any type of Altcoin such as Etherium. because Btc has the greatest value in all cryptocurrency. But I do not ignore Eth because it also has the chance to increase its value.
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:02:09 AM

Bitcoin is a value coin now where as Ethereum is still being considered for it's technology and impact it will have on the entire crypto ecosystem. At some point if something newer comes along to take over as the tech leader, Ethereum could become a value coin like Bitcoin.

Billie2017

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:03:12 AM

It is far to happen, because bitcoin has the greatest value in all crytocurrency. but etheruem has also potential because all the altcoins and bitcoin flactuate so their value changes.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:09:43 AM

Ethereum and Bitcoin are two different coins so they should not be compared. Both possess powerful and great characteristics and are used for different purposes. In terms of price, bitcoin is ten times greater compared to eth but both provides good profit. Although altcoins like eth are created later than btc, it is now making its name in the cryptoworld.

bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:17:03 AM

Main usage of ETH as of now is for smart contracts and ICO , when the day comes that ICO will or should be regulated probably price will fluctuate. I don't see any competition between two, Bitcoin will always be the birth or God-father of crypto-currency. Somehow if ICO will be permitted to all countries then ETH will go to the moon but still no one can replace Bitcoin at the moment.
BennDragon2

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:20:35 AM

I new to this crypto currency. So i think ETH can reach what btc did.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:55:40 AM

It can definitely match BTC, I'm saying this because I can see more improvement in the past weeks even though there was a downfall in terms of value (no need to explain). I know for a fact that BTC's value is much greater than ETH however it took years and I know that in the near future,probably in the next 2 years 1 ETH= 1 BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: