Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:16:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you sell your ETH to buy BTC right now?  (Read 1523 times)
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:53:10 AM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind

I think it will be a good idea if you will convert your ETH to BTC until the next fork,
for you to get the new token from that fork with that sole purpose. You need to convert
your bitcoin to ETH right after getting the fork because price might go down after that fork.

By doing this you can expect to earn from the new token and expect to have more ETH after
the fork. Bitcoin's price might go up to $8,000 by November 15 and ETH will remain the
same or might go lower because more and more people are converting their alt coins as of now.
SainagBurra

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:41:48 PM

It is not a good idea if you think bitcoin will increase after fork.

Electroneum
S4M5.DTY

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:29:08 PM

If you sell Ethereum to buy Bitcoin right now you are literally selling low to buy high - The exact opposite method to making money! Save your Eth, BTC will drop again. Part of me thinks that Bitcoin Cash is going to take over BTC but that is just speculation

Agree with you dude
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

I've been considering selling my ETH all day to put into BTC. Just can't make up my mind
The sooner the better. Maybe u don't know, but ETH is just a experiment that even creator Vitalik don't know purpose of yet. It have no limit of ETH creation, it will be worth less and less over time and in the end is just a programming experiment for geeks.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:39:59 PM

Bitcoin is reaching new highs and a lot of people are predicting a correction very soon so it probably wouldn't be wise to do it just yet and wait for more bang for your buck

People say that all the time. The truth is, when correction comes, it's quick. You better be ready to just buy on the down days and know that it could go down more tomorrow and be ready to buy more tomorrow because when we go on these runs we set new support levels that are becoming harder and harder to fall through.

To the OP, why not own both? Are you just trying to prepare for the fork? If so...it's probably a solid idea.

A better question is: will the Bitcoin price fall in 2018 once all these forks have stopped driving demand?
consar

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:36:06 PM

i wouldn't sell any alt now. in fact, i used all my eth to buy playkey.
bbymi

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:01:13 AM

If you already have bitcoin, no need to sell your Eth, maybe better to have both, safer
BivxiuDavi

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:49:13 AM

No dont do that now. BTC price high, it may decrease anytime. And ETH price is too dip. If you sell ETH now and buy BTC, then ETH increase that double lose!
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:47:52 AM

Anytime is a good time to buy BTC for now since the price keeps on going high and I think it hasn't reached the top yet. I read on this forum that a fork might happen on November 15, the segwit 2x and if you have BTC you will receive the coin from the fork. You can take advantage of this since it will be a free coin from the fork and ETH price is almost stagnant.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:53:03 AM

I don't think that you should sell your Etherium coin for the bitcoin Because the price of the ehterium coin is down because of not much activity by the Etherium coin team .
Here it will not take more time to get Active in the market because I know very well that the team is much busy in the improvement in the technical ( fork) of the Etherium coin , so we can understand well that how the Etherium coin is near to get up .
Here you can think in another way that you are not in the loss Because , the value of the Etherium coin in the term of the bitcoin is increasing by the value of the bitcoin , so overall you are not in loss .
So don't sell your Etherium coin and wait to increase in this  month .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
anselchild

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:21:36 AM

BTC price will go higher on the next days better convert your ETH for now for faster increase on your cryptos value.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:29:02 PM

I am sure ETH will grow further and this Altcoin has future. However, if you have many coins, you can sell part of them to buy BTC. Do not be in a hurry - keep both Bicoins and Altcoins. It will be the alternative decision.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:56:46 PM

Don't sell your ETH keep it, if you want to have BTC better but it using your fiat currency, ETH price will go high soon.
How can You be so sure about this?
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:25:56 PM

Personally, I would hold ethereum and bitcoin and make more bitcoin by adding more amounts in it and i would hold them as long as I can.

Lumin333

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

ETH isn't varying much in price at the mo while BTC soars and will probably continue to do so until the fork. If I were you, if I have a lot of ETH I would get rid of most for BTC. ETH will get higher than ever soon but there's money to be on BTC until then.
amspec

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

yes i will sell it to buy btc because the price will rise up big and we can make big profit this is what traders do

ETHEREUM PRIME | FUTURE OF TOMORROW
NO ICO | NO CROWDFUNDING = FAIR DISTRIBUTION (https://ethereumprime.info)
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:00:30 PM

Yes yes yes! Bitcoin is the only coin to buy these days. I mean you should buy earlier and it's kinda too late, we are only 10 days behind the fork. I'm predicting that the price will peak one or two days before the fork and kinda mini crash right after the fork block.

If I were you I'd hold that ETH until the fork, wait for the dump to happen, then trade those ETH to BTC when BTC crashes. Don't aim on gaining B2X, it's kinda too late. You won't likely to profit from B2X if you buy just now.

Alartonicus

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:01:02 PM

The position of ETH is not very clear now. Leaving much ETH in hold is not worth it. Maybe after the transition to PoS ETH will strengthen but this is not a fact.
sanyinchen

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:42:39 PM

No , I think the rate of increasing is very crazy . It make think one sentence: The higher you climb, the heavier you fall . Actually , I am very afraid of this , this state that look like everyone is in crazing . After that , ETH is not bad , I still think ETH is in a very big promising.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
LeapTokenSale

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:57:16 PM

Don't sell them. ETH looks very promising and will probably have a great value in the near future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: