Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Cash replace BTC after the Fork?  (Read 2110 times)
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:43:15 AM

I don't think Bitcoin cash can ever take bitcoin place after the fork even if it will be supported by the next hard fork or Segwit2x it is because the market of bitcoin is very strong nowadays it has build its stability and trust of people, many are now working to earn bitcoin and also investors are now moving their heads towards bitcoin which makes it the most strongest cryptos in the market. Bitcoin is considered the mother of all crypto currencies so no matter how they tried introducting different kinds of coins bitcoin will remain in front.

BTC is king forever and there is no place to another king. May be some coins could get close to it, but take first place is unreal. All new investors in crypto come here for BTC and only after that they take look at others.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anzach87

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:55:45 AM

no chance no one  can beat BTC .
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:00:52 AM

The argument of this article is a great possibility will could see. In trading and exchange of perceived value, anything can happen. But aside trading legacy biticoin is rock solid and barring unforsee circumstances, nothing will happen to bitcoin.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
ilham nur77

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:20:08 AM

in this year Bitcoin has happened hardfork 2 times but it all has no effect on Bitcoin. with the existence of hardfork even make Bitcoin become increasingly craze.

mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:28:24 AM

that will never happen bch is just a fork of btc and always will be

abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:28:55 AM

Before BTC fork there is going to be BCH fork. Maybe some mining pools might go BCH.  
Toniooo (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:54:25 AM

this question has been asked multiple times before by many people,
if you want to know about what will happen just look at Ethereum for example,
when the split happened many people said ETC will overtake Ethereum place,but what ?
it's just a shill created by Bitcoin Cash supporter.
no matter what will happen and what will they do,Bitcoin will never be replaced by others.
a genuine one can not be replaced no matter what(except the network itself crash or not function,even if that thing happen cryptoworld will follow after it).

it was an alternative coin,which mean it's an alternative.
if nothing goes wrong and something terrible happen,it's unlikely will happen

Yes good points, but the mining difficulty is a major component of a coin's success. If BCH is easier to mine, big pools will progressively switch to Bitcoin Cash instead of Bitcoin.
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:09:55 AM

It is tough to pump BCH to the moon and replace segwit1x bitcoin, current price is 0.089 btc per bch, you think BCH will have a 11x pump? That could be too good to be true, but the truth may be impossible, I think 0.2 btc will be the maximum value of BCH.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:44:55 PM

Bitcoin or other currency never ever replace fiat instead when forking is happen , people are compete each other to gain profit from panic sell margin and usually it can be done by whale trader.

It is tough to pump BCH to the moon and replace segwit1x bitcoin, current price is 0.089 btc per bch, you think BCH will have a 11x pump? That could be too good to be true, but the truth may be impossible, I think 0.2 btc will be the maximum value of BCH.

It's difficult for altcoin able to defeat bitcoin value especially when bitcoin demand increase significant recently
omashi

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Bitcoin is bitcoin, all the rest are altcoins, part of bitcoin long term value proposition is making it resistant to attacks, bitcoin is not controlled by one authority, meaning changing things in the protocol need full consensus, as we saw in the past it's very hard to change things, almost impossible sometimes, and it will become harder, bcash on the other hand is controlled by one group, they are doing hard fork in the upcoming days for example, in btc world that won't happen like this, and that's good and bad because on hand pushing new features will be easier, on other hand this power could be abused,  it's a tradeoff after all, with great power comes great responsibility.

CBT ◆◆ CommerceBlock ◆◆ CBT
Creating Decentralised Financial Infrastructure (https://www.commerceblock.com/)
◆ Whitepaper (https://www.commerceblock.com/commerceblock-whitepaper.pdf) ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2613540) ◆ Github (https://github.com/commerceblock) ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/commerceblock) ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/joinchat/Ge36IURXhKAS_6HTznUXUg) ◆
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:51:39 AM

As far as i know, bitcoin has undergone a hardfork not only once but a couple of times but still, Bitcoin remains dominant and even attracted more investors than before by just looking at its graph.
Maybe BCH can replace BTC in the future but not while BTC is still around, IMO. Smiley

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:14:13 AM

Hi guys,

I read an interesting article about the different outcomes of the Segwit2x fork. One of them is the Bitcoin Cash taking the place of the Segwit1x Bitcoin. It would allow whales to make 10x profits pumping the Bitcoin cash and dumping the Bitcoin.

Here is the ink of the article with clear explanations : https://www.yours.org/content/predicting-the-outcome-of-the-november-bitcoin-fork-89914ce0e1f5/?utm_content=bufferf3dec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Please feel free to comment with your sentiments and thoughts about that!

Have a great day.
LOL Cheesy Did you even ask yourself about it? Do you think bitcoin cash or any other cryptocurrencies will replace bitcoin as the best cryptocurrency of all time? If not, then make a research about that through STATISTICAL DATA, not based on opinionated articles like what you've provided. Everyone can make an article and post it in the internet saying that bitcoin will die soon, or whatever speculations about bitcoin.

But if you make a research, there's really no other altcoins which is too close to bitcoin's features that will give a very close competition to bitcoin. In terms of price and market capitalization, bitcoin is way far from other altcoins. In terms of people's trust, bitcoin owns the most of that, considering that bitcoin has been here for a longer time.

If I am to asked, BITCOIN CASH won't replace BITCOIN at any time, not even after the forking.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:43:24 AM

Hi guys,

I read an interesting article about the different outcomes of the Segwit2x fork. One of them is the Bitcoin Cash taking the place of the Segwit1x Bitcoin. It would allow whales to make 10x profits pumping the Bitcoin cash and dumping the Bitcoin.

Here is the ink of the article with clear explanations : https://www.yours.org/content/predicting-the-outcome-of-the-november-bitcoin-fork-89914ce0e1f5/?utm_content=bufferf3dec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Please feel free to comment with your sentiments and thoughts about that!

Have a great day.
I don't think so, but for me! Only one BTC and altcoin!
This year many coin was born? So It is difficult to determine exactly
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:48:22 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 08:40:55 PM by Hyperme.sh

In my opinion it's very unlikely that BitcoinCash(BCH) will kick out Bitcoin(BTC) out of the first spot. Theoretically possible, but very unlikely. Even so, if BitcoinCash(BCH) were to beat Bitcoin(BTC), I'm sure it wouldn't happen after the Segwit2x fork. It would take lots of lots of years of convincing people to use BitcoinCash(BCH).

There is a scenario where SegWit (1x and 2x both) entirely dies and BTC (Satoshi’s protocol) is restored:

The entire fucking point of the game theory of Bitcoin is to be immutable and remove governance. Now we await to see if the SegWit “pay to anyone” booty will be stolen with a long-range chain attack restoring the immutability of Bitcoin, or if the game theory failed.

Click the link in the quote above for more details.

The question is would BCH with 8MB blocks be the version of Satoshi’s protocol (i.e. no Core BIPs) restored, or would it be the one with 1MB blocks.

The entire point is that if you want to improve Bitcoin, then make an airdrop with replay protection and let the market decide. That is a decentralized paradigm. Do not hijack Satoshi’s protocol as some privileged centralized tyranny and try to force it to disappear as Core did.

That is why I was screaming to buy BCH at $300. And everybody looked at me like I was a kook and looney, same as when I was screaming to buy LTC at $6.

BTC is king forever and there is no place to another king.

BTC is Satoshi’s protocol. SegWit is a “pay to anyone” insecure altcoin.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

Bitcoin cash will not replace bitcoin. We can speculate all we want but we all know that bitcoin has taken root downward and it will be impossible to undone all bitcoin has achieved over the year!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:54:05 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 08:05:32 PM by Hyperme.sh

Bitcoin cash will not replace bitcoin. We can speculate all we want but we all know that bitcoin has taken root downward and it will be impossible to undone all bitcoin has achieved over the year!

See my prior post. You are not factoring in the eventual $billions of SegWit booty available to miners who revert BTC to Satoshi’s protocol.

Money talks. UAHF bullshit walks. Whales understand that if we allow Core or anyone to mutate Bitcoin without a decentralized market process, then Bitcoin will be just another altcoin.

Sorry I think you are dead wrong. And you will lose all you BTC to theft by the miners because you are not paying attention.
bitusa

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

That is too ambitious. For me, peak $1000 is enough
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

I think BCH can reach the 0.2 BTC mark again. It was even at 0.4 at issuing, do you remember. So everything is possible, however there will be some dumpers to it..

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:02:43 PM

That is too ambitious. For me, peak $1000 is enough

That will only be wave 3. Wave 5 should takes us far above that.
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

I do not think that bitcoin cash would take over bitcoin in any way. Although bitcoin cash could do another spike up which would be wave 5 and can easily reach 4 digits in usd value.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: