Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ENJIN a scam???  (Read 1220 times)
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:29:49 PM

Banning people for asking questions about competitors is stupid in case if it's a non-scam project. People (especially investors) have a right to express their opinion or suggestions about the project. Otherwise, it's scam.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Embeco

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:35:47 PM

Wow, another one I've been looking into  Huh Regulations, where are you when I need you?
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6330

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:44:23 PM

There was a "formal" scam accusation here at Bitcointalk against Enjin in August. The arguments the "claimant" brought up were also partly based on a very strict moderation of critical comments, but also on supposed "fake team members".

But the Enjin people have resolved it, the team members were legit - at least the "claimant" has definitely retired the scam accusation.

So it's "almost" impossible it's a scam, but their strict moderation policies on different channels may be a problem and should be revised by the Enjin team. (Unfortunately, in marketing these policies are quite "normal", even if social network marketing handbooks mostly advise not to censor critical voices.)

For the technical question, unfortunately I lack the knowledge.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:10:26 PM

There was a "formal" scam accusation here at Bitcointalk against Enjin in August. The arguments the "claimant" brought up were also partly based on a very strict moderation of critical comments, but also on supposed "fake team members".

But the Enjin people have resolved it, the team members were legit - at least the "claimant" has definitely retired the scam accusation.

So it's "almost" impossible it's a scam, but their strict moderation policies on different channels may be a problem and should be revised by the Enjin team. (Unfortunately, in marketing these policies are quite "normal", even if social network marketing handbooks mostly advise not to censor critical voices.)

For the technical question, unfortunately I lack the knowledge.

Yes, the their strict policies really drove others to think that its a red flag and accused them of a possible scam. Its heavily moderated thread but I think they do it because there's a lot of trolls saying a lot of negative things about this project (which is expected btw, this is how our community has become). However, I don't think their purpose is to scam people, maybe they just want to avoid such criticism specially coming from trolls spreading rumors.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
CourageReborn

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:37:41 PM

yeah I also got banned on Telegram...seems like a scam to me if they can't answer simple queries.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:43:03 PM

scam?
Enjin Coin is listed in some major markets such as HitBTC, Cryptopia and Livecoin.
I think it is very unlikely EnjinCoin  is a scam.
Yes it is, that's why I was confused regarding if it is real or not, because I can never seen problems in enjin coin. Definitely it is one of the trusted coin in crypto currency industry, maybe we were convinced if you have an evidence of regarding scammed made by the enjin coin. Prove to us that your accusations is definitely truth and not only from news.
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:22:10 PM

yeah I also got banned on Telegram...seems like a scam to me if they can't answer simple queries.

As others have pointed out it look suspicious because they have been heavily moderating threads and Telegram. They have reasons but the community cannot understand it because you are just asking some queries. Its like you can't question their authority which I find it amusing. I didn't invest on this coin, although the project looks spectacular in the beginning, but with their attitude, one can question if they are scammy or not.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Bummers

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:24:45 PM

Threw 1 ETH into this during the ICO. What a mistake that was.
DeathGrasp

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:51:30 PM

Threw 1 ETH into this during the ICO. What a mistake that was.

We will know it after some time... I think you can earn on your investments...

Bummers

Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:20:25 PM

Yes but I could have just bought 1 eth worth on the exchange after the ico finished and had 3x as many coins as i do now.
Hamilcar

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:38:56 PM

Even if they are not scam. It's not good for the project to ban people from telegram for asking normal question.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
DeathGrasp

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:44:39 PM

Yes but I could have just bought 1 eth worth on the exchange after the ico finished and had 3x as many coins as i do now.

It is normal for ICOs now)))

timikulit

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:49:18 PM

The price of enjin coin is below their ICO price now.

If this is a good project with great community, the price will rise upon entering in the market.

What happen is, The price of enjin coin goes lower upon first trade in the market and its still going down.

Theres no pump, only dump happened. too bad.

Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:31:32 PM

Price seems to be slowly tanking, I'll give it another few weeks before I jump on board!

Whitepaper was really good but their behaviour seems really odd. Higher risk but potentially higher reward.

Elixirmixer

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:39:54 PM

Add me to the list of people that got banned.  Sign-in and say hi and you will be fine.  But if you ask a question beware.  I was thinking about investing but this action will allow me to focus my attention in another direction.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:16:01 AM

Enjin is a massive project, or at least seems to be one. It wouldn't be the first time a project is ripping another projects whitepaper or ideas.It does not necessarily make them a scam, but I wouldn't rule that out either. This is a very tough one to call.

Nehman

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:04:45 AM

I hang out in the Telegram of Enjin Coin, if you're going to talk about an unknown coin and waste the CEOs time, you're going to get banned.

Every other week there's a new ICO in gaming and they schill in the Enjin channel, don't be surprised if they ban you.

If you're going to say Enjin copied them, you better provide proof, stop wasting people's time, i've read GoNetworks whitepaper, there's nothing there.

If you think Enjin isn't touching mobile, it's because you're not paying attention.

saupam

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:15:47 AM

Even I got banned because I asked them the same question
Maximb

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:35:08 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 09:16:17 AM by Maximb

Being an avid gamer I've been looking in to Enjin and so joined their Telegram. Then I noticed GoNetwork too. Looking at both whitepapers they were very similar. So I went on Enjin telegram and asked their CEO Maxim what he thinks are the main differences between GoNetwork and Enjin. He instantly deleted my messages and banned me. Try it if you don't believe me, ask him the question, you'll be on here confirming that you're banned from the telegram group.

What's more worrying is that GoNetwork's whitepaper really seems to address how they'll bring Ethereum to mobiles. Enjin's does not. I'm wondering now if the price dump is because those more tech savvy than me are aware that Enjin doesn't have the know-how to bring this tech to mobile?

What do you guys think has Maxim got something to hide?

This is Maxim, CEO of Enjin & Enjin Coin. Let me just state the following:

What a pathetic attempt at advertising gonetwork. I will always ban people like you who enter our channel and advertise a dubious upcoming ICO. You should be ashamed of yourself to stoop this low. Stay away from gonetwork guys. They are most likely a scam if they are this desperate for attention.

This right here is how they operate to raise awareness of their upcoming ICO, by trying to combine a successful brand 'Enjin' with the an unknown entity such as gonetwork. A sad attempt to generate drama and advertising.

I welcome non-shills to join our telegram: https://t.me/enjin_coin we have 4248 real users! You can find our official website here: https://enjincoin.io/
and if you wish to trade Enjin, I recommend Binance: https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002560032

Chilly, pass this message to your CEO, If you continue this pathetic attempt at advertising gonetwork by using our brand (just like your failed attempts in our telegram channel), I'll make sure that it will backfire.

Oh and also, the obvious fake likes / fake retweets / fake users on gonetwork social channels, is not a good look and rather obvious.

CEO - Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:54:02 AM

Enjin is a massive project, or at least seems to be one. It wouldn't be the first time a project is ripping another projects whitepaper or ideas.It does not necessarily make them a scam, but I wouldn't rule that out either. This is a very tough one to call.

I highly doubt it. They are a real company with a massive gaming network to leverage. cryptodevil accused them of being evasive about their company and network's statistics a few months back. In response, they provided the financials of Enjin Pte Ltd, which apparently all appeared in order, and contracts confirming the identities of contracted employees (who are associated with the ICO). He closed/archived the thread and dropped the accusations.

They have put considerable resources into the project too. I've looked into the project, and their vision/goals are definitely attainable. I'm not sure it's worth investing in (at ICO price or even considerably lower), but that's another matter. They did pay out a high-paying signature campaign and ran prominent ads on Coinmarketcap, among other advertising efforts. And their identities are generally public. If it's a scam, it's an elaborate one.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: