Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:02:22 AM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

It is not at all complicated to invest in Bitcoins. There are so many blogs with detailed tutorials related to making accounts on different exchanges and doing transactions.

Yeah remember there is always google and youtube and people can ask this two platforms and can get a lot of information about what they are searching on it. But not all people can use this kind of technology because not everyone can afford to buy a smart phone or a computer and pay internet bills. We are lucky enough that we can use this kinds of privileges in our lives.  Smiley

But even bitcoin and blockchain is a little bit complicated everyone can easily learn this technologies as long that they have access to the internet. Grin

Thanks for your input, yes now a days there are tons of video on yotube, and also lots of trading videos explain how to buy different coin, i believe it's getting easy day by day.
And more people will able to buy bitcoin.
the reason why bitcoin is still said to be complicated and confusing because they are reluctant and lazy to find out what bitcoin is? actually already a few years ago even though there are many articles and videos that explain what is bitcoin and how to get it. it's just that people people may not have the opportunity to access it. now more and more articles about bitcoin on the internet and even many who review about altcoin and ICO. there is no seizure if they want to read and understand it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:04:58 AM

actually not complicated but how they understand and how much intention to learn and also for those who have no computer experience can definitely exist if there is a strong intention to learn.
I think it's hard to make bitcoin business for people who do not know how to use a computer, if they learn how to do it. But the computer skills are limited, they do not grasp the potential risks on the site, they are very vulnerable to hackers attack, to steal bitcoin. So I think if you do not have much computer skills then do not get involved in bitcoin.
Cofuchu

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:55:04 PM

This is very complicated to an average person, but in some applications tutorials are being provided to even make it easier to use, its a user friendly technology. But to those who don't really have the idea about computer and technology they don't really understand the whole situation. But the willingness and the eagerness of the person on everything will make him find some ways in order to learn and understand. But in the end time will come that you fully understand and try to appreciate what is it really you can say that its just easy and its not complicated at all.
I completely agree. For a simple person it's very difficult to understand the essence of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. That's why people fear it, call it a bubble or a pyramid.
Cryptagio
Copper Member

Activity: 158
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:28:33 PM

I think it should be super intuitive to trade cryptocurrencies. We as community definitely have to add additional levels of abstraction on top of the technology that we currently use.

https://cryptagio.com - crypto exchange platform
queenlaurel

Activity: 182

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:44:11 PM

Sincerely its just a bit complicated for some people, reason may be that opening different sites at a time might be too much for an average person, then keeping tabs or remembering most codes might also be too much. Once you are on and can navigate yours ways easily,  then every other thing gets easier. Average people just needs to be explained to properly, step by step until they get better at it.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.
It's true that people struggle to understand Bitcoin especially in poor countries where they don't care too much about technology and what's going on.
I've been in this situation before where my surrounding is having hard time getting interested in it or simply just give up about it.
Without talking about those who don't have access to internet...
But yeah,there must be services user-friendly for new comers.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:25:13 PM

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.
I do not see how it can be simplified, you install a wallet the same way any other software, and then you only need to copy and paste addresses and then send a payment, I'm sorry to say this but if some cannot deal with that then they do not deserve to use bitcoin.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:35:11 PM

Bitcoin, being a different kind of a digital currency, it breaks down conventional thinking in many aspects. No central regulatory body. The concept of mining. The open-ledger (blockchain), the way miners are rewarded, how transporting value is determined by its packet size and not value, the hash rate, the concept of limited supply. The 100 Million pennies in a Bitcoin, etc.

For a common person, its an overkill. Its like trying to explain the concept of TCP/IP, Networking, Routing, the Internet for someone who wants to use email.  Overkill.
Cryptagio
Copper Member

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

Bitcoin, being a different kind of a digital currency, it breaks down conventional thinking in many aspects. No central regulatory body. The concept of mining. The open-ledger (blockchain), the way miners are rewarded, how transporting value is determined by its packet size and not value, the hash rate, the concept of limited supply. The 100 Million pennies in a Bitcoin, etc.

For a common person, its an overkill. Its like trying to explain the concept of TCP/IP, Networking, Routing, the Internet for someone who wants to use email.  Overkill.

I definitely agree))) plus emails themselves are not very convenient (so is BTC) and they were substituted by something more easy to use, like messengers

https://cryptagio.com - crypto exchange platform
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:53:41 AM

I believe the otherwise.
It is not very complicated for an average Joe to learn the nooks and crannies of it all.
Just treat it as regular money and there has to be security concerns along the way, so better manage risks.
Also, it is hard for the unbelievers to understand it but for those that open to bitcoin, information would just flow right in.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:57:34 AM

Bitcoin will be only complicated if you do not have internet running in your house, there are a lot of ways on how you can learn all the information like google and youtube. There is no doubt that bitcoins is really profitable now a days so work hard each day and strive to earn more bitcoins.

Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:17 AM

I think so. a lot of people still don't know what's is Bitcoin and how it works, Not only that but also they are not familiar with cryptocurrency. I don't think that Bitcoin is too complicated to make understand for average people. if anyone wants to learn about this platform then it's not complicated for learning. I think belief is the vital reason for this issue, you have to believe first then you have to make clear yourself easily.
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:03:39 AM

Actually, I had a bit of hard time with bitcoin, from wallet, way of trading. However, try adding a time period. Everything is wonderful.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:04:46 AM

I agree that bitcoin is complicated, and now bitcoin is being invested by more and more people.

People should learn something new and accept it.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:36:42 AM

Bitcoin it is not complicated as long as you have knowledge about its basis. All we have to do is to study and to keep up with the new bitcoin info

The best is yet to come!
igorc

Activity: 101
Merit: 5

Golden Currency https://goldencurrency.money

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:13:56 AM

Agree that there must be a way to simplify the way you can buy and sell Bitcoin. We are moving in this field already in our Golden Currency project - we will make it that way that a person will just open account in our Golden Bank and will make it possible to exchange fiat to Bitcoin in one click in his online-bank or mobile app...It is understandable and easy for every person, even not familiar with details on Bitcoin and it will possibly result in increase of its users...

GOLDEN CURRENCY
🔥 First global money in cash and blockchain form 🔥
💰 100% backed by gold 💰 | www.goldencurrency.money
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:21:22 AM

It is not at all complicated to invest in Bitcoins. There are so many blogs with detailed tutorials related to making accounts on different exchanges and doing transactions.

Yeah remember there is always google and youtube and people can ask this two platforms and can get a lot of information about what they are searching on it. But not all people can use this kind of technology because not everyone can afford to buy a smart phone or a computer and pay internet bills. We are lucky enough that we can use this kinds of privileges in our lives.  Smiley

But even bitcoin and blockchain is a little bit complicated everyone can easily learn this technologies as long that they have access to the internet. Grin

Thanks for your input, yes now a days there are tons of video on yotube, and also lots of trading videos explain how to buy different coin, i believe it's getting easy day by day.
And more people will able to buy bitcoin.

Actually, the complication highly depends on the effort one is exerting. Or it all depends on your interest. If a person is really interested to get to know Bitcoin and eventually get involved in it, he will definitely learn it. There is no point saying that one is interested about Bitcoin but since Bitcoin seems complicated, he will end up not learning it at all. That is silly. If there is a will, there is a way. That's an old adage that is applicable in this case. Everyone is available in the online world after all.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

I think so. a lot of people still don't know what's is Bitcoin and how it works, Not only that but also they are not familiar with cryptocurrency. I don't think that Bitcoin is too complicated to make understand for average people. if anyone wants to learn about this platform then it's not complicated for learning. I think belief is the vital reason for this issue, you have to believe first then you have to make clear yourself easily.
I believe that anything can be learned and understand through perseverance and determinance in studying it. People doesn't have to know how bitcoin really  works,  they just have to understand what it is and how are they  going to earn through it.  People sometimes hare stories about how they earn to other people and some if those people mistakenly thinks that it is easy. The attitude and behaviour of a person greatly affects how they will make decisions in earning money through bitcoin especially when it comes to trading. I doubt if the status of a person whether average or not will be a big  factor because I know some of different states but both manage to stay in the game.  Bitcoin will nor be complicated if people will not make it.

anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:59:13 PM

Not at all, I feel it is so simple the bitcoin, it's almost like visa lol.

Just treat it as regular money.
I disagree, because bitcoin is different from the common currency we use.
bitcoin is very tied to the internet, bitcoin will not be useful in areas that do not have internet access.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:08:14 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 03:48:27 PM by resty

This was very true! It is hard for average people to learn this new trend especially when they are much intact with technology. I am not degrading them but I am just thinking logically. How can you be engage with this kind of exercise if you don't know how to participate? However, it was a good thing that an increasing number of individuals are being much aware and totally engage themselves with technology. This makes their participation in crypto world more possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: