Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Is Too Complicated for Average People!  (Read 4371 times)
djmuler

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:07:57 AM

I agree with the op

A mainstream newcomer to bitcoin only want to buy BTC at good price to expend somewhere or hold on his pass (1234) protected hypersecure wallet, he didnt know that he need to know about exchanges, privatekeys, blockchains, miners, etc...

He only need to download an app for iPhone, register with email-pass, buy BTC with credit card and expend BTC, no more, no less.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1704984)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:16:58 AM

In a way I don't agree with the OP
FYI our generation is considered to be an intelligent one and by now we are expected to at least know how to use a computer, the internet and have some financial literacy to easily cope with the bitcoin technology. AFAIK you don't have to be an expert or need to know the technical side of btc to use it you can either be a beginner, intermediate or expert(technical) user and still use bitcoin with ease.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:22:23 AM

i dont see the complicated thing about bitcoin if you associated it with wallet, trading, fee etc. People who said that it's too complicated means they easily give up before try doing it or it's language problem things  Grin because every time you wanna make wallet for example the website certainly include tutorial how to create wallet in their website so everyone knows how to do it. Fees etc?simple thing to understand it is like taxes for your transaction.
And as addition every people i met will understand what is bitcoin if you explain it to them

true, I don't feel its complicated. I find it easy. You will have only to do bitcoin account in which it will be associated with your wallet and trade it. for me It is an easy way of earning money. if you really want to learn  you will learn and if youbare already used to it. it is very easy.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:28:34 AM

In a way I don't agree with the OP
FYI our generation is considered to be an intelligent one and by now we are expected to at least know how to use a computer, the internet and have some financial literacy to easily cope with the bitcoin technology. AFAIK you don't have to be an expert or need to know the technical side of btc to use it you can either be a beginner, intermediate or expert(technical) user and still use bitcoin with ease.

Not really, most of people here in this world is not a techy kind of person. Young generation is only perhaps 20-30% of population while the rest will surely struggle how to do a transaction with bitcoin.

Thats why I like project who are aiming to reach mass adoption just like electroneum did. Their investors and users are mostly beginners.

Hernandez44

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:35:00 AM

cryptos are too complicated for average people, both for understanding how they function, and for understanding ho to actually use the,. This creates some adoption problem. I guess adoption rate will explode only once we will have very user friendly interfaces for mainstream users.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:36:24 AM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

It is not at all complicated to invest in Bitcoins. There are so many blogs with detailed tutorials related to making accounts on different exchanges and doing transactions.

Yeah remember there is always google and youtube and people can ask this two platforms and can get a lot of information about what they are searching on it. But not all people can use this kind of technology because not everyone can afford to buy a smart phone or a computer and pay internet bills. We are lucky enough that we can use this kinds of privileges in our lives.  Smiley

But even bitcoin and blockchain is a little bit complicated everyone can easily learn this technologies as long that they have access to the internet. Grin

Thanks for your input, yes now a days there are tons of video on yotube, and also lots of trading videos explain how to buy different coin, i believe it's getting easy day by day.
And more people will able to buy bitcoin.

I think bitcoin doesn't have to be complicated if a person has enough interest and curiosity. It may only take time to get used to it. Bitcoin is for all types of people even the average ones although it may be faster for tech savvy people to understand it but still anyone can learn and understand it.

Yeah, about that, what about those people that do not have/had access to education? Understanding bitcoin requires quite a bit of technical knowledge and resources too. A large part of the world is still illiterate, still developing. For example, in my country, India, alone, 280+ million are illiterate, and that is a significant part.
The average person in developing countries (actually, that comprises most of the population of the world) doesn't even have internet access, to be able to learn about bitcoin and use it.
It might not be "too complicated", but its definitely far from easy for them.
milandres0207

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:47:23 AM

I don't think what your point is, but in my own opinion i think that bitcoin is for those who are fully interested on it and believer on it, because even an intelligent people and know that they will earn money from it don't join here if they have not interested. Bitcoin is not hard to understand.Just gave more time and effort you will know everything about it.
SeniorRalap

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:55:28 AM

Well, I think it is indeed too much complicated and harder to use, you have to have knowledge about how it works on internet. You have to make an account, buy bitcoin from different sites ( which takes 5% to 7% Fees) then transfer to exchanges for trading or to use.

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.
What is your opinion on it? discuss..

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.
I think bitcoin is not difficult for ordinary people. My friends, who had not been in touch with bitcoin before, soon learned to trade bitcoin. They can now easily trade in and out of exchanges, and are very safe.
xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:10:58 AM

I think its complicated on people who dont have idea on bitcoin and always see the negative side of bitcoin, because even if you below the average people but you are so interested to that thing then you can acquire it no matter how hard it is as long as you have the strength to try it. Bitcoin is for everyone but its up to them either accept it or not.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:20:10 AM

Well,not all. We've been through that hard times at first. That confused stage about bitcoin, how it works, and how can that bitcoin affects our economy. But it is not that too complicated. As long as you've understand the flow of bitcoin's system. Time management is very important to instill wisdom.
centrum

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:34:37 AM

Well,not all. We've been through that hard times at first. That confused stage about bitcoin, how it works, and how can that bitcoin affects our economy. But it is not that too complicated. As long as you've understand the flow of bitcoin's system. Time management is very important to instill wisdom.

true. we've been there. all of us been into a point when we first know bitcoin and we think that it is so complicated and we have a hard time understanding it.
wether you are below or an average person, as long as you are interested to learn about bitcoin, it doesn't matter your intellegence status at all.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:51:29 AM

Like everybody said that bitcoin is complicated for average people,yes of course it is if you are just starting her in bitcoin and no idea how it works,my only suggestion if you are just starting do not try to go for buying bitcoin if no one can assist you who knows how to do bitcoin,learn yourself first before you move to another step.
ComEngeng

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:04:52 AM

i agree that bitcoin is complicated but that is only because bitcoin is different, it is no longer like what we used to do before bitcoin like using banks, using services like Paypal,... now we are having all of them in one place. we are our own bank. and that makes it a bit complicated for newcomers to adapt.

but i strongly disagree with saying bitcoin is "too complicated".
and you talk a lot about buying fees, but that has nothing to do with bitcoin being complicated or not! that is just the fee that some third party service is taking in order to take your worthless fiat and give you valuable bitcoin Wink
I think it's not hard for average people to understand bitcoin. I am a average person but I understand it. It is not about the IQ it is about how you want to learn. If your aggressive to learn then you'll learn.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:44:02 AM

i agree that bitcoin is complicated but that is only because bitcoin is different, it is no longer like what we used to do before bitcoin like using banks, using services like Paypal,... now we are having all of them in one place. we are our own bank. and that makes it a bit complicated for newcomers to adapt.

and you talk a lot about buying fees, but that has nothing to do with bitcoin being complicated or not! that is just the fee that some third party service is taking in order to take your worthless fiat and give you valuable bitcoin Wink
I think it's not hard for average people to understand bitcoin. I am a average person but I understand it. It is not about the IQ it is about how you want to learn. If your aggressive to learn then you'll learn.

Same as what you said it really is not complicated with average person just like me because it will solely depend on what each person's preference and interest. If a person who is entering bitcoins had a strong interest on it regardless if your an average or an excellent being then you will do necessary move to fully understand it. It is be in a way of researching information with regards to bitcoins or asking person who already had a vast experience about tips and strategies with regards to it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:54:28 AM

Same as what you said it really is not complicated with average person just like me because it will solely depend on what each person's preference and interest. If a person who is entering bitcoins had a strong interest on it regardless if your an average or an excellent being then you will do necessary move to fully understand it. It is be in a way of researching information with regards to bitcoins or asking person who already had a vast experience about tips and strategies with regards to it.

maybe you have already a background in computer or in i.t , that is why you find it easy to understand. in my case i also have an experience in computer related stuffs before , that is why learning the basics of bitcoin is only a piece of cake to me but i had to admit that my learnings are still not enough in order to be called a pro bitcoiner because there were still many things that havent yet learned in the past especially those technical ones. i think learning bitcoin is really dependent to each other. some people find it hard and some find it easy.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:10:23 AM

It is complicated in the beginning, as time pass by, people who work in the industry will figure out a way to simplify for less educated users. People find currency market is complicated in the beginning, however as time pass by, now it is one of the easiest way to trade in trading market.

Yes right, I think bitcoin is too complicated, this we can see from wallet address consisting of 34 digits, I'm sure 99,99% bitcoin users do not memorize with their bitcoin wallet address.

romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:11:59 AM

Bitcoin is not complicated to common people, it depends on people how to use their bitcoin properly. Even though it's common people they can show how they can run or follow the same as those who are tall.

I have said it many times and I will repeat it again, it all comes down to interest. For learning any new subject, only two things are required, first is the need and second is the interest. For instance, let us take the subject of mathematics. Some of the students are able to do great in this subject, these are the ones who have interest in the subject. Those finding it difficult are the students who fail to generate any interest in the subject. All this applies to bitcoins as well. if a person finds it interesting, he will not find it complicated.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

How can a normal people, who usually watch youtube video, use fb or other social media, you expect him/her to know all these things? I seen people give up easily, and think it's too techy.

I believe if Bitcoin sell coins on their official website, with lower fees, such as 1% to 2%, and make  a simple wallet for people to use, more & more people would buy and use it.

When you use Bank or Online banking, If you have any problem, you can actually go to branch or call the customer service fix the problem, Bitcoin have no phone number, no branch, no one to contact if anything goes wrong.

The desktop wallet are too complicated to use, it has some weird functionality, such as MEW, every time you login, you have to use key chain, or a file as your private key and password, when you get a get it doesn't not show on your account, you actually have to add custom, which is really confusing sometimes. And i always hear people ger hacked, their balanced is gone. which is really scary after all these security in your wallet? strange!

Bitcoin does not have their own official site, so lots of people visit other junk/spam/hacking site, think it is bitcoin site and can get help.

It's really hard to buy bitcoin in certain country, such as Canada. Yes i know you can buy from coin base, but they do not allow more than $100 bitcoin per week, and we are not allowed to sell. Lots of people other thread offered local bitcoin, but when bitcoin price is $6800, they sell it on $7800, That's $1000 extra plus 5% fees of the amount. Why people have to pay that much money extra to buy bitcoin? why don't they have an official site, where you can buy in current price?

Why most of the exchange does not allow you to buy bitcoin with USD? 99% time you have to transfer money to exchange to do trading or to buy alt coin, which is really a headache. So you tell me, all these problem, why would a normal average people, who doesn't have enough time will invest bitcoin or any other coin? This is rea reason i believe we see the market cap in crypto currency under $200 billion. If it was easy to use, for normal people it would have jump to Trillion dollar.

Why is bitcoin complicated? Because I think bitcoin is only used specifically for people who at least know how the Internet works. If bitcoin is created for all people we might see bitcoin trade in social media freely. In addition events like our wallet accounts are exposed to hack will more often happen if there is no private key for security.
For the exchange of coins into the fiat it must be done because bitcoin own is digital money, the best that is in use for online payments, while to get local money it must be done exchange transactions. And also with the transaction through the local bank it helps the state because the transaction fee deductions are done.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:39:39 AM

I don't think bitcoin is hard for ordinary people. My friends, when I taught them to use exchanges to buy and sell bitcoins, they quickly learned that it was not for them. I think you think bitcoin is too complicated.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

Actually all people have a right to know and to learn,even you are average people,if you are willing to learn and understand the trade about cryptocurrency.we could not underestimate some average people, because there are some of them are fast learner,they easily understand the scenario of digital currency system,even they are out of school youth and not finish there study.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: