Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:47:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most people invest in wrong ICOs to lose money ?  (Read 2429 times)
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:55:37 PM

This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.

You sound like all knowing.  CRYPTO in general is all speculation (yes even BTC).  It is a form of a gamble and very unpredictable.  In everything, there are winners and losers.  Not everyone can be winners...sorry but that is real life.

You claim Bancor and Monaco are bad coins...while I don't own both, I disagree with you.  You might end up eating your words a few months from now based on these two alone.

Good projects sometimes tank, bad projects sometimes become hits...it is what it is and if it is easy to predict, everyone will make the right call and NO ONE will make money as they do in crypto world.  It is a double edged sword...cuts both way.  You need losers to win.

I am not at all all knowing. Far from it.

However, as any investment form matures it moves from gambling to seriousness (or dies).

Clearly, most of the hyped ICOs do not have even a chance of making it since they have teams and set ups that are far from good.

Since there is maturation process going on, I want people to be aware of the change in the ICO landscape - and be aware of oversupplied tokens etc.

There are very few real projects out there, and yes they may fail as well, but considering the losses since the altcoin high a while back, people need to adapt.

That is my point.

Most of the major loss are due to the numerous BTC forks...not by any means the fault of ICOs.  Most coins suffered tremendously.

This time is a BAD if not THE WORST time frame to use as reference for a coin's performance.  Personally, I bought the biggest losers (out of what I believe are good coins).  Instead of bad mouthing them, I see the big dips as OPPORTUNITIES.  The eventual losers are the ones who panic and sold low.  They are ones who need to learn and adapt.  JMHO
Poink

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:58:55 PM

BTW, for the record, I am a proponents of ICO regulation because I believe that 90%+ of current ICOs are scams.
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:03:25 PM

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

You sound like all knowing.  CRYPTO in general is all speculation (yes even BTC).  It is a form of a gamble and very unpredictable.  In everything, there are winners and losers.  Not everyone can be winners...sorry but that is real life.

You claim Bancor and Monaco are bad coins...while I don't own both, I disagree with you.  You might end up eating your words a few months from now based on these two alone.

Good projects sometimes tank, bad projects sometimes become hits...it is what it is and if it is easy to predict, everyone will make the right call and NO ONE will make money as they do in crypto world.  It is a double edged sword...cuts both way.  You need losers to win.

However, as any investment form matures it moves from gambling to seriousness (or dies).

Clearly, most of the hyped ICOs do not have even a chance of making it since they have teams and set ups that are far from good.

Since there is maturation process going on, I want people to be aware of the change in the ICO landscape - and be aware of oversupplied tokens etc.

There are very few real projects out there, and yes they may fail as well, but considering the losses since the altcoin high a while back, people need to adapt.

That is my point.

Most of the major loss are due to the numerous BTC forks...not by any means the fault of ICOs.  Most coins suffered tremendously.

This time is a BAD if not THE WORST time frame to use as reference for a coin's performance.  Personally, I bought the biggest losers (out of what I believe are good coins).  Instead of bad mouthing them, I see the big dips as OPPORTUNITIES.  The eventual losers are the ones who panic and sold low.  They are ones who need to learn and adapt.  JMHO

BTW, for the record, I am a proponents of ICO regulation because I believe that 90%+ of current ICOs are scams.

My point is that looking at something like Monaco that went up 600% and found buyers at those levels - and it was assumed such moves were "normal" - they have been practically wiped out. That together with the ICOs that never really had a rally to start with. Clearly it was wrong for many ICOs to raise as much money as they did, and for some to rally as hard as they did.

Now with an even bigger amount of ICOs out there, the percentage of survivals will drop hard - and it is even more vital to choose the right ones.

And the hyped ones have caused the largest losses, by default.

And I completely agree about eventual regulation - right now one needs to choose more wisely oneself.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:03:56 PM

If only 90% ICO is scam so 10% not a scam. If one of 20 ICO you choose to invest will make 20x in some month, you will make good money. So people invest in many different to find than one. It's a normal strategy.
Poink

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

If only 90% ICO is scam so 10% not a scam. If one of 20 ICO you choose to invest will make 20x in some month, you will make good money. So people invest in many different to find than one. It's a normal strategy.

Note that I said 90%+ (probably closer to 95%) but yes the strategy is to find that good 5% and make good money. Smiley

...and yes, you can buy several and hope one of them take-off.  It is called hedging and diversification. Smiley
Poink

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:11:36 PM

That is my point.

My point is that looking at something like Monaco that went up 600% and found buyers at those levels - and it was assumed such moves were "normal" - they have been practically wiped out. That together with the ICOs that never really had a rally to start with. Clearly it was wrong for many ICOs to raise as much money as they did, and for some to rally as hard as they did.

Now with an even bigger amount of ICOs out there, the percentage of survivals will drop hard - and it is even more vital to choose the right ones.

And I completely agree about eventual regulation - right now one needs to choose more wisely oneself.

Aren't you contradicting your original post with this?   Huh
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:12:56 PM

[/quote]

Note that I said 90%+ (probably closer to 95%) but yes the strategy is to find that good 5% and make good money. Smiley
[/quote]

Yes it has been so far. I just think the earnings expectations will have to fall as the market matures. Question is if the amount of winners increases to compensate.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:19:26 PM

That is my point.

Aren't you contradicting your original post with this?   Huh

Not at all - my point is that the past is the past - when there were fewer ICOs in the original hype - some people THAT SOLD made some returns, but for every seller post ICO, there is a buyer ´- so altogether huge losses have been made. The earnings were "luck" since almost EVERYTHING rallied, since then at least 90% are and have been failing.

Even bad projects "back then" made some short term gains - NOW IT IS IMPERATIVE that people invest differently - hence my point is that people have to shun the rubbish and foget the hyped projects and change outlook.
Poink

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:23:20 PM

Not at all - my point is that the past is the past - when there were fewer ICOs in the original hype - some people THAT SOLD made some returns, but for every seller post ICO, there is a buyer ´- so altogether huge losses have been made. The earnings were "luck" since almost EVERYTHING rallied, since then at least 90% are and have been failing.

Even bad projects "back then" made some short term gains - NOW IT IS IMPERATIVE that people invest differently - hence my point is that people have to shun the rubbish and foget the hyped projects and change outlook.
I agree with you. But as I said earlier...you need losers to have winners.

"A sucker is born every minute." -- it is famous saying for a reason.  Had been, will always be...and there is nothing we can do about it.

BTW, I am a sucker too sometimes...I am human so not fool proof. Wink Cheesy
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:27:45 PM

"A sucker is born every minute." -- it is famous saying for a reason.  Had been, will always be...and there is nothing we can do about it.

BTW - I only get upset because of having been a sucker in the past too many times !
Poink

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:31:11 PM

BTW - I only get upset because of having been a sucker in the past too many times !
It is the nature of the game.

Experience is the best teacher...just don't keep repeating same mistake Wink
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:33:37 PM

Exactly.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:54:01 PM

experience is a teacher but not the best one

regards

max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:05:19 PM

as having with the personal customs of basics with ideal preference, investors might wants to work with decision as expending as most with the use of resource to gains of collection of returns with the expends of exchange.

lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:10:31 PM

Participate in ICO always a risk but ı think people don't do enough research about ICO before investment. Of course all ICOs have not a potential.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:21:59 PM

Participate in ICO always a risk but ı think people don't do enough research about ICO before investment. Of course all ICOs have not a potential.

That is one of my points - people get tricked into investing due to hype, and not because of underlying quality.
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:23:59 PM

Most often, due to their unpredictability and because of a great desire to quickly have round sums on their accounts
md.falkone

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:47:47 PM

because people don't understand, lazy to learn and investigate to digging, and it turns out that invested and has lost the finance, especially now there are a lot of swindlers if you have decided to invest, you aren't lazy to check the company and will be you are fine
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:25:17 PM

because people don't understand, lazy to learn and investigate to digging, and it turns out that invested and has lost the finance, especially now there are a lot of swindlers if you have decided to invest, you aren't lazy to check the company and will be you are fine

Mostly this is the case as you mentioned, I agree because as a beginner or newbie to this market, I myself was doing the same and loosing money.
Its rare but there are ICO frauds who don't leave any proof of it being fraud. But that's very rare enough so mostly negligence and casual approach while investing is the cause of loss over ICOs
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:48:18 PM

Yes many people lose money in scam ICOs
Investing in ICO is risky. because many projects are scam. so i think, first you research white paper and check about team member at the project. then you decide Participate in ICO or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: