Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:51:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most people invest in wrong ICOs to lose money ?  (Read 2429 times)
zaenulvaro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:25:58 PM

they are want to be rich in few days
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:31:08 PM

Because most ICOs lose money currently. We are at a pretty strained point when it comes to ICOs.   People are just investing in what is available.

Greed doesn't help.  Some people will invest regardless if there is enough benefit offered despite the red flags.

ICOs were not regulated since the beginning that's why good and scumbag companies can make any Cryptocurrency or any projects as they want and spotting scam ICOs is very hard since you have to do bloody research technically. That's why some ICOs are dying and and some of them were vanished out of the blue.
So investors will be pissed off since they couldn't do anything to get their investment back.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Qpeep

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:43:07 PM

Well, even though it is true there are a few crappy ICOs out there, I would't put Bancor in that group. Give it some time to deliver their full product.
patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:44:05 PM

Everyone has their own technique to research ico project. I myself have never joined the ico project. because it has risks. I also do not understand which ico is best for me invest.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

Havent participated in an ICO for long time now, it gets harder and harder to stay up to date. but i like to gamble
Gambling is quite a different thing and there is no possible way that you can actually do gambling or anything like that and that too in ICOs.

In my opinion, the most common reason which is resulting in loss of most of the investors is none other than the lack of knowledge, in fact the knowledge about the things at the very present day. They lack to have sufficient amount of knowledge and they basically don’t know what all is going around, due to which they suffer.
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:44:34 PM

You can never remove the risk when you invest it is already part of it. Even i thought that i invested in a promising ico but i was wrong i only lost my money.

DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:50:40 PM

You can never remove the risk when you invest it is already part of it. Even i thought that i invested in a promising ico but i was wrong i only lost my money.

No matter how promising and good is it, once bitcoin will make a big increase that means most altcoins will get rekt unless there is a solid news on that coin. If you are confident on it you will continue to hold, or try averaging it down or you make a cut loss if you think it will go down deeper and buy it back again when it's already very low. In terms of bitcoin I am proud to say I only lost once in an ICO. I did wait for few weeks/months on others to make my exit fruitful. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:12:07 PM

This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.

because of marketing.they fall in marketing traps.
Quinni

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:23:46 PM

The reason is simple, because investment ico is a copycat investment, oneself have not studied the ico project at all, now many ico project is the swindler project, most is the money that swindled the investor.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

People are throwing money into Crypto because they are looking for a get rich quick scheme. They are seeing what Bitcoin has become and they want to be a part of that.

Sadly it is down to the projects and the investors to not overload the ecosystem with poor products / poor investments.

I think once regulations come in (which will at some point) then it will change. But it will not change when we see ICO's raising hundreds of millions even without a working product.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:03:34 AM

I think the main purpose of people following ico is not to follow the garbage project as you mentioned but they definitely want to make a profit, because wrong choice alone they become losers and believe the future will be more careful again

12retepnat34

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:09:22 AM

Because people believe on that ICO to success that's why they invest on it but lose money instead! in any investment there is a risk so we should research first the background of every ICO before trusting it.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:47:10 AM

This board amazes me sometimes.

All the hyped ICOs are killing people - Bancor, Monaco etc and there is no self reflection.

People need to change the way they participate in projects.

All the rubbish needs to be shunned.

Sectors need to be chosen carefully, and projects thereafter.

REAL energy projects (i.e. NOT asset managers such as wepower, and NOT the pure solar/other renewable energy investment rubbish where crypto is just "added" to the process as a marketing tool) should be favoured, such as Grid+ and Prosume Energy.

Stop following people who have proven themselves useless.

Wonder what you think now, as the forum is really overwhelmed by ICO scams and there are more stupid investment possibilities than ever. Definitely agree 100% with you, there are those guidelines regarding ICO's everybody should know about imho: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.0
vltnqefi

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:17:39 AM

Risks are yes, ico is not a risk-free investment, so careful selection of qualified ico projects becomes even more important. However, the success ico, the rate of return is very high.

kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:23:41 AM

because they we're convince by their refferral, hyping that this will be their income in the coming weeks. most of the ICO's are real and has real use cases in a blockchain.

yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:36:58 AM

This always happens all the time since most of us invests in ICO without even thinking or researching about the ICO. Some ICOs offer a very promising project only to deceive people to fall from their scam tactics. If we only just be vigilant and make an in-depth investigation of the team before investing, that will really help not to invest in a scam ICO and lose money, IMO.

uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:45:45 AM

They are losing money because they are just joining an ICO without studying it first. Not because that ICO has a high hype-score means your money is guaranteed to multiply. The one they should look for is the risk-score. It's better to check the development team behind that project and the whitepaper.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:33:39 AM

Investments in the wrong ICO are, in my opinion, due to the fact that recently it has become increasingly difficult to distinguish promising ICO projects from useless ones. All of them are almost the same type and promise good profits from the implementation of the proposed projects in a seemingly professional team. At first everything is going well, but from the second half of the fundraising starts problems, as a result, we are already beginning to feel that something is amiss with ICO.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:13:45 AM

Lack of knowledge is the number one thing that always make them lose their money. Another thing is the fear of missing out which always drive people to go all in and thinking to theirselves that nothing could go wrong because everyone is on it.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:21:29 AM

Because people intend to invest into somethign they are not familiar of,the ending is not good  waste of time and money.Research is the key to success,know all the pros and cons first compare it to other ICO and get the best.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: