Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I hate 90% of Bitcoin investors  (Read 2551 times)
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:54:02 PM

Apart from all that, bitcoin can be used for various activities. such as paying credit, buying clothes in the online shop, and others. Do not hate investors, because they are keen to see opportunities, that's where they start investing. All depending on individual choice.

This is rightly said because every one as a choice depending upon their choice. Whether they want to invest or way to use it for buy product or services. Investing is also an art which not everybody can do it rightly It must be appreciated when the investors invest and get the possible returns on their investment.

Right. I agree 100% with people investing in the opportunities that bitcoin brings, such as, the growing economy (NOT the increasing price) surrounding it. But here is what I am saying; very few investors are actually investing in the opportunities or the technology of bitcoin - They are simply investing to "get rich quick" or following the hype because their friend down the road made a couple of $'s. THIS is what I disagree with and I think that it is a problem because I am beginning to realise that this is where the majority of new investments, over the course of the previous months, are coming from.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:59:07 PM

but I am making pretty good progress and have already made a decent amount of money off the hype in crypto

And he is really mad with the people creating money using bitcoin while he says this.
You dropped out of school. Ain't that stupidity?
You could've learned more and yet here you are working already. I dont say it is bad.
But I tell you this. After a while, when the time that you are already mastered everything here you will have so much time. And guess what? You dont want to go back to school because you have the power to create money now.
You should've stayed there instead of ranting here. Money is money and everybody wants it for a better life for themselves or for their kids which are in school just like you.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

Apart from all that, bitcoin can be used for various activities. such as paying credit, buying clothes in the online shop, and others. Do not hate investors, because they are keen to see opportunities, that's where they start investing. All depending on individual choice.
Your argument does make sense. So many stores in my city are already accepting bitcoin as an alternative source of payment which makes me very happy. Some stores even accept ethereum and litecoin which I was pleasantly surprised about. I also agree that the op is wrong when it comes to insulting certain investors who are simply trying out the crypto market and honestly, more the merrier. I do realize that there are some people who simply want to get rich quickly, but that is ok as long as they are not scamming anyone to achieve that purpose.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:12:26 PM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.

I really guess that the reason why you dropped out of school and focused on bitcoin is the same reason why others are investing and holding bitcoin. We all have the same reason why we are investing on bitcoin. I don't understand what are you frustreated about. First of all, your also part of the story that you are runting about.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Cyberczar

Activity: 369
Merit: 100

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

Man, this goes beyond greed. Human beings are interested in comfort and utility. I'm sure with time you too would understand. If bitcoin is a source of wealth as an investment, why shouldn't people key into it? The concept of decentralization will still be appreciated by those 90% if they see the utility. Just like mobile phone is everyday utility today, if the decentralization bitcoin offers is something people deem useful, I bet you most wouldn't abandon it because there's no more money to be made.

Crypto and blockchain writing service
sourjain

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:28:53 PM

You should be thankful to them as if they are not aware of full details and you are more aware you have edge over them moreover it's fair to invest for earning everyone does stuff to earn. Don't be too much concerned as at one point people would be using cryptos to trade.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:40:26 PM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

Most people are eating just to satisfy hunger. They don't know how the food was made nor do they care. They don't know the names of all the spices that make up a dish and don't even bother to think about the flavors, they just want their stomachs to be full. It annoys me so much!

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

If I only knew that Google was going to be big... If somebody had called me saying they're gonna blow up the WTC I'd have warned everybody and saved them.
Life is so unfair, don't you think?

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k.

Keep dreaming kid.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:44:56 PM

I do not see anything wrong with the fact that people want to earn money. this is their problem, that they do not understand crypto-currencies, and they can lose everything because of the collapse of the exchange rate.

kazukino1111

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:48:45 PM

I disagree with your opinion
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:57:53 PM

First impression of the title is that the person is just in deep anger or deep depression... And lots of questions appear about his or her phsychological conditional. Interesting that a lot of people try to make sure this person that to hate people is not good and that the World is very practical and everyone' only desire is money and nothing else. People, hey, let this person to learn all these things by him- or herself. And taking into concideration the age of the author of this topic is there anyone who has a question - what this so young person is discussing about? And here.... does some limitation exist according to the age or not. I would not like to discriminate somebody but in my oppinion this is a strange topic and especially for the newbie..... you may hate or love something or not but why this topic in the main thread about Bitcoin discussion? To my mind something connected with feelings or something like that it is an off-topic....
metricspigjump

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:59:31 PM

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.
It's MY MONEY.  Repeat,  MY MONEY.  I can spend my money how I like,  please don't go off on people for spending their own funds how they see fit lol.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:16:03 PM

Greed will be the downfall of this movement.

Nah. At worst, it will be the downfall of the people being taken over by their greed, because in most cases it never ends well. Greedy people are mostly very short term minded, which basically means that they in most cases sell too early and buy back at higher levels, or they end up selling their coins in panic and keep waiting for the price to fall down, but where it doesn't and they miss out. In easy terms, there is a very high probability that they end up losing in the long term. At the end of the day, whatever they do will just have an impact on them alone -- this market just moves over these people like they don't exist.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:18:52 PM

Well everyone wants to make money 95% of the users are here to make extra money and learn more about coins as well. Nobody would do something for bitcoin if you didn't get money.

So calm down. Some users are here also for hobby and they get extra money.
100% investors do their invests couse of money. There is no 90 or 95%, all of them want profit. The point is that really not all of investers get deeply into the project, here it is bitcoin, and what's the problem with that? People get their target and I think it is the most important part.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:35:32 PM

You are right my friend. Most people that getting into the Bitcoin world just want to invest and get rich quick without understanding what it is. Another bad thing though is that the people who have been involved in the past several years that felt like they missed out on buying Bitcoin early are investing into altcoins so I feel like that's where most of the speculation is going right now.
TheRomanLegion_

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:37:23 PM

I agree with you bro. Although nothing can be done. There will always be greedy idiots. Let's just hope that it is like the Dotcom bubble and can still recover when it busts.
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:51:15 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. Most of the investors now don't have enough knowledge and skills. They just want to get rich fast. This makes Bitcoin become a bubble.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Pytbo

Activity: 308

Community Manager hire me

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:59:00 PM

-Why I hate 90% of Bitcoin investors
-because 100% of them are humans?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:01:06 PM

The far majority of the people started out with having just the intention of making money as main motive. It's all their own choice, and I personally don't see anything wrong with them just looking to bank on Bitcoin.

If they at some point get to develop a better form of Bitcoin understanding, they will start to appreciate its decentralized aspects and other functionalities as well ~ let them figure that out whenever they are ready for it.

People see news articles pop up that Bitcoin made an 18 year old school dropout millionaire, or that x person found an old wallet file with 10K BTC, and is now a multi millionaire by status, and the list goes on ~ just move on.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:10:47 PM

I understand what OP is saying because it kind of annoys me as well. I'm not against anyone that wants to make money with bitcoin. I would like to have some profit as well, but that is not the main reason why I like bitcoin. If I knew that the price wouldn't increase any further, I would still buy it for use. The problem is, that since most investors in BTC are just in it for the increase of price, chances are, that as soon as bitcoin stabilizes, they will probably just sell it for cash, instead of using it as a currency.

Of course that bitcoin still has a long way to go before it can fulfill it's potencial as a decentralized currency, because right now the network just can't handle a big number of transactions per second, and without that, it's impossible to use it for daily payments. So I hope, than when BTC gets that problem solved, people will start seeing that the best thing about BTC is not the price, but its practical use.
Pytbo

Activity: 308

Community Manager hire me

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:14:51 PM

I understand what OP is saying because it kind of annoys me as well. I'm not against anyone that wants to make money with bitcoin. I would like to have some profit as well, but that is not the main reason why I like bitcoin. If I knew that the price wouldn't increase any further, I would still buy it for use. The problem is, that since most investors in BTC are just in it for the increase of price, chances are, that as soon as bitcoin stabilizes, they will probably just sell it for cash, instead of using it as a currency.

Of course that bitcoin still has a long way to go before it can fulfill it's potencial as a decentralized currency, because right now the network just can't handle a big number of transactions per second, and without that, it's impossible to use it for daily payments. So I hope, than when BTC gets that problem solved, people will start seeing that the best thing about BTC is not the price, but its practical use.
It's strange. You understand why people do not use bitcoin as a currency. And why use it as a means of earning money. This is rational rational behavior conditioned by reality. But at the same time it irritates you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: