Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ICOs, how to spot it?  (Read 305 times)
Leah38 (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:56:56 AM

Joined a lot of ICO now. I don't invest much. Just buy some coin/token and hoping to get profit after ICO. But only a few are considered legit investments. Its not a surprise to hear sites going into maintenance after a successful ICO and gone also are your money. I find Pundi X a great ICO and good to invest. And also a few I considered legit companies. Anyways online investment is a risk. But still I dare to be a risktaker.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:02:26 AM

When I see the I then suspicion starts to form. If that is followed by a C then I am on red alert. If then there is an O anywhere is sight slam the lid on your laptop and disconnect the internet at once.

xurestey

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

You need to analyze and monitor carefully ICO project can detect scam. Often ICO scam projects have no clear idea, the DEV team usually does not reveal, no roadmap, whitepaper. On community sites like slack, telegram, twitter, facebook ... DEV team does not care much. This is my experience. You can consult.
Leah38 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:07:50 AM

When I see the I then suspicion starts to form. If that is followed by a C then I am on red alert. If then there is an O anywhere is sight slam the lid on your laptop and disconnect the internet at once.

You're funny.  Grin I didn't know ICO scare you that much. lol. But anyways we work hard for our money and giving it to SCAM ICO hurts our pockets
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:17:38 AM

currently, ICO is widely used by people as a way to get free money. you have to be smart in choosing a project and what they want to make it through an ICO, I'm not sure if they really adopted the project properly in the future. in fact, many projects are scam

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:32 AM

I really just try to spot anything that is out of the ordinary, it's so simple but one thing that has helped me to spot a lot of scams is their figures not adding up for how much they've currently raised, it says say 10 BTC but a figure of $150k for example.

Descentralized_DaN

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:27:42 AM

You need to investigate, scams are usually easy to spot and will be called out.
For me the biggest ico scam is what REQ did with their ico investors, filling their presale with pools of dumpers with discounts from 20 to 25%, clearly not thinking of their biggest contributors, the main sale participants.
forensick

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

It's not simpleto detect SCAM ico but it can be some signals.
The dev talks and writes only about the funding and not about the project.
The dev talks a lot about the exchanges where the coin will be listed. this is very important because strong project doesn't care in the intial stage of Exchange.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:36:57 AM

You're funny.  Grin I didn't know ICO scare you that much. lol. But anyways we work hard for our money and giving it to SCAM ICO hurts our pockets

Look for undervalued old projects with real use cases and proven cryptographers/conceptual designers and coders. These will complete before most dream icos with the fantasy white papers and no man power to bring them to fruition. The people running these will burn through their dev funds with their huge wages long before 1/10th of their road map is completed. There will be a few exceptions but that is like picking the winning lottery ticket most of these icos are failed start ups who spotted the crypto fomo and realised some people here have some btc they can get a hold of.

Failing this hold your btc and just make sure to keep holding until 50k+

longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

I think it is very difficult to detect scam ICOs because they are more and more developed and easy to deceive big investors. For me we should look for ICO projects that have more productive work because those projects are always trying to grow to apply to life.
btc_angela

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:44:59 AM

Joined a lot of ICO now. I don't invest much. Just buy some coin/token and hoping to get profit after ICO. But only a few are considered legit investments. Its not a surprise to hear sites going into maintenance after a successful ICO and gone also are your money. I find Pundi X a great ICO and good to invest. And also a few I considered legit companies. Anyways online investment is a risk. But still I dare to be a risktaker.

If you find Pundi then its not a scam as per your believed. But to spot a ICO turning a scam? Its gonna be hard in the beginning. Because some of them are really not scam initially, but turn out to be because of the huge amounts of money investment. Good for you if you are a risk taker because most of us down want to take risk because we don't want to lose our money and being scam. But to be honest, I think you got yourself in a good ICO though. Hope for your success.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:48:31 AM

Scams are usually spotted by the hyped messages or ads in the community. In some cases, you will find a website but you will notice that vital information such roadmaps or future plans and even the whitepaper is missing or incomplete. The Team would probably consist of random people and their profiles wont match or wont exists.
But thankfully, Forums such as Bitcoin Forum normally warn us that ICO's are scams and the work of a fraudster!
A suggestion would be that you do good research before investing in ANY ICO's.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:58:00 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 12:54:45 PM by KingScorpio

its not that easy to spot a scam or non scam ICO,

even if you have a perfect looking young team, it still cain fail, because the team is not determined is greedy and etc.

the current bankers have basically failed so terribly spoting the worthy companies from unworthy ones, that they lost all trust form their population. which was their kapital

it is actually doomed to sooner or later always happen like that.

there are thausends maybe even then or hundred thausands of so called prinicipal agent information asymetry problems that explain you ways to do that, you dont need a new game theory science,

it existed already before, just google principle agent dilema

much better would it be if you are a person that knows what the project is and how it can be realised and what problems exist.

banks nowadays spendin extreme amounts on so called "consultants" because they have no idea what the projects are about, the bankers are to focused to applying parliament regulation.

this way the entire financial system got broken and unefficient, it gave rise to the current unregulated cryptoeconomics in the first place.

the banksters are now lending money to each other to be able to fund consultants and so they further destroy economic substances.

I in turn have a different problem with my ico i have to figure out how i can prove that i can do my work right and am not a scammer,

if you can tell me that, it would help me a lot

regards

DiniazRosa

Activity: 137

ICO starting on 16th of April!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:59:29 AM

I think there no ways to find a scam ico.They now have many experience to make their ico look legit Grin

》  ZPER  ▐|   DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM for P2P FINANCE
◣   Whitepaper   ◤   Main-sale 16th Apr   ◥   One Pager   ◢
▐|    Facebook   ||   Twitter   ||   Telegram   ||   Youtube    |▌
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 12:01:44 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 12:57:43 PM by KingScorpio

I think there no ways to find a scam ico.They now have many experience to make their ico look legit Grin

jep people are trained in this,

maybe the best way would it be to have the project developer as your friend and accompany his project

this is called transparancy,

trumps family became rich this way because they went to the new us governmernt befriendet them and then build worker baracks for immigrants from europe so their workforce could have been harnessed for the US future development, (that was trumps vater)

in germany we have a similar guy his name is (trumpf) and he basically got ownership over a bank and now he basically abuses people that work for money to develop and build himself productive value generating sources like a 3D printer factory,

i think this is exactly the problem that is why i created c-pro, so people and workers can get systematically into the taste of two dimensional values, their creation and their upheld.

regards

Leah38 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:10:46 PM

If you find Pundi then its not a scam as per your believed. But to spot a ICO turning a scam? Its gonna be hard in the beginning. Because some of them are really not scam initially, but turn out to be because of the huge amounts of money investment. Good for you if you are a risk taker because most of us down want to take risk because we don't want to lose our money and being scam. But to be honest, I think you got yourself in a good ICO though. Hope for your success.

Yes you're right. I checked it and company is good. With too many projects in line and you can really see the team in action. This is one great ICO to invest really.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216833.0
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:18:54 PM

it's really a lot of ico that popping up the end of this, but very much a scam and also a lot of that have prices in the market away from the price at the time of ico. so we must think and examine carefully to choose which ico will give us the profits.

Leah38 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

its not that easy to spot a scam or non scam ICO,

even if you have a perfect looking young team, it still cain fail, because the team is not determined is greedy and etc.

the current bankers have basically failed so terribly spoting the worthy companies from unworthy ones, that they lost all trust form their population.

it is actually doomed to sooner or later always happen like that.

there are thausends maybe even then or hundred thausands of so called prinicipal agent information asymetry problems that explain you ways to do that, you dont need a new game theory science,

it existed already before, just google principle agent dilema

much better would it be if you are a person that knows what the project is and how it can be realised and what problems exist.

banks nowadays spendin extreme amounts on so called "consultants" because they have no idea what the projects are about, the bankers are to focused to applying parliament regulation.

this way the entire financial system got broken and unefficient, it gave rise to the current unregulated cryptoeconomics in the first place.

I in turn have a different problem with my ico i have to figure out how i can prove that i can do my work right and am not a scammer,

if you can tell me that, it would help me a lot

regards

Thanks for advise Sir. I appreciate it so much. I have more to learn. Words coming from persons with knowledge in investments is one good thing to ponder and remember.
katana2w

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:30:52 PM

jep people are trained in this,

maybe the best way would it be to have the project developer as your friend and accompany his project

regards

Agree. But I think some rules can be found that allow to indicate fails ICOs.
JoCrook

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:35:47 PM

I think it is not difficult to know if an ico is a scam.. and by the way, there will be even less scam, cause the developers would earn much more for develop a coin instead run away with some thousands dollars..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: