Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tatsuaki Okamoto = Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 20280 times)
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:23:57 AM

My money is on "AnonyMint" ..

Triff ..

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:41:27 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 01:12:33 AM by drawingthesun

My money is on "AnonyMint" ..

Triff ..

Anonymint talks a lot, but has refused to give us a concept of what he considers a solution to the scaling problem.

As far as I am aware he is waiting for someone else to solve the hard problems, and in the meantime warn people away from all currencies that can't scale.

This isn't such a bad thing, we do need people in the community that are vocal about the limitations of current crypto currency.

However I doubt Anonymint is Satoshi.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:04:34 AM

Looking for him is really a waste of time.  Do something better than searching for a ghost with you most valuable commodity (time).

This. He obviously took strong measures to be anonymous and at this point he has no more control over Bitcoin now than you and me.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:10:56 AM

Looking for him is really a waste of time.  Do something better than searching for a ghost with you most valuable commodity (time).

This. He obviously took strong measures to be anonymous and at this point he has no more control over Bitcoin now than you and me.

This is false, Satoshi controls at least enough Bitcoin to drive the price down for probably a year or more, and that's assuming the community keeps buying the cheap bitcoin he's selling whilst knowing that their beloved creator of Bitcoin has lost faith.

If Satoshi dumps his bitcoin and forces the price down for a long period of time, people will start to ask "why?" and panic.

It's believed that Satoshi moved onto something else after Bitcoin, could that something else be a competitor?

To say that you have the same control over this currency as Satoshi is being very naive.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:34:28 AM

Looking for him is really a waste of time.  Do something better than searching for a ghost with you most valuable commodity (time).

This is false, Satoshi controls at least enough Bitcoin to drive the price down for probably a year or more, and that's assuming the community keeps buying the cheap bitcoin he's selling whilst knowing that their beloved creator of Bitcoin has lost faith.

If Satoshi dumps his bitcoin and forces the price down for a long period of time, people will start to ask "why?" and panic.

It's believed that Satoshi moved onto something else after Bitcoin, could that something else be a competitor?

To say that you have the same control over this currency as Satoshi is being very naive.

if Satoshi wants his identity and personal information revealed to the media/government/entire world, I'm sure he will let us know. the harassment and personal attacks would be overwhelming and destroy the quality of their life.

i don't understand why people are so driven to expose him(them) to the world, when clearly he wishes/deserves to remain in privacy. so you would like to reveal his identity, so we can ask if he will dump his btc? and get information on what projects he is working on? you will have access to info surrounding new projects online just like everyone else as they emerge. and if the world found his identity, its more likely he would dump and separate himself from btc as much as possible

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:16:19 AM

Looking for him is really a waste of time.  Do something better than searching for a ghost with you most valuable commodity (time).

if Satoshi wants his identity and personal information revealed to the media/government/entire world, I'm sure he will let us know. the harassment and personal attacks would be overwhelming and destroy the quality of their life.

i don't understand why people are so driven to expose him(them) to the world, when clearly he wishes/deserves to remain in privacy. so you would like to reveal his identity, so we can ask if he will dump his btc? and get information on what projects he is working on? you will have access to info surrounding new projects online just like everyone else as they emerge. and if the world found his identity, its more likely he would dump and separate himself from btc as much as possible

Well I'm fine with Satoshi remaining anonymous. Exposing Satoshi does not sound like a good idea.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:26:32 AM

it does matter! It will help clarify the motive behind BTC
One world currency for the new world order? (NSA)
or some guy who is trying to save humanity? I don't know right now! the only way we will have a chance of knowing is by knowing who satoshi truly is.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:06:02 PM

it does matter! It will help clarify the motive behind BTC
One world currency for the new world order? (NSA)
or some guy who is trying to save humanity? I don't know right now! the only way we will have a chance of knowing is by knowing who satoshi truly is.

So at this point, one should ask themselves which of the two versions would actually benefit from such hiding strategy..
BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:09:28 PM

Just conjecture, but I've never posted a "who is Satoshi?" thread before. This possibility needed its own thread.

Tatsuaki Okamoto:

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/1002804/tatsuaki-okamoto

Fields: Security & Privacy, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Algorithms & Theory

His intensive use of C++. I've heard said he codes in the style of an 80's/90's coder, though someone could tell me different if they know.

Tatsuaki Okamoto: Computer Science Bibiliography

Nah I don't think so. Aren't we just pointing out people who are supposed to be knowledgeable in a certain field? How many of those people are there? And even if somewhere someone successfully mentions the right name, we'd never know whether they were indeed right!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

Just conjecture, but I've never posted a "who is Satoshi?" thread before. This possibility needed its own thread.

Tatsuaki Okamoto:

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/1002804/tatsuaki-okamoto

Fields: Security & Privacy, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Algorithms & Theory

His intensive use of C++. I've heard said he codes in the style of an 80's/90's coder, though someone could tell me different if they know.

Tatsuaki Okamoto: Computer Science Bibiliography

Nah I don't think so. Aren't we just pointing out people who are supposed to be knowledgeable in a certain field? How many of those people are there? And even if somewhere someone successfully mentions the right name, we'd never know whether they were indeed right!

the guy also appears on this 1996 NSA's report about cryptocurrencies and minting: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

interesting!!! BTC

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
L.Detweiler

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:14:21 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 02:30:23 AM by L.Detweiler

interesting!!! BTC

Tatsuaki Okamoto was a good candidate, but he had to be ruled due to his location during the months Satoshi was active online...

Satoshi said he started creating Bitcoin in 2007....(The creation of Bitcoin is below, you don't have to make any guesses or assumptions, it's all there with the links to back it up)

Zooko quote: “I want to invent something else: a truly decentralized economic mechanism. Research that points in this direction includes the sub-field of “algorithmic mechanism design” within economic game theory, some peer-to-peer research such as GNUnet, Wei Dai’s and Nick Szabo’s ideas about “bit gold”, Nick Szabo’s “smart contracts”, and much more. Another inspiration is BitTorrent’s tit-for-tat mechanism, which is decentralized and minimal, but gets the job done within its limited problem domain.”
https://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2007-June/000022.html
https://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2007-June/000025.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20010331105544/http://zooko.com/

2007 Szabo applies BitGold and his “Scarce Object” theory to Zookos p2p hard drive project with "Nanobarter" (together this creates Bitcoin)
Szabo: “One possible answer to central mint vulnerability is bit gold — a currency the value of which does not depend on any particular trusted third party. Another alternative is (an object barter economy”Scarce Objects”).”  
http://web.archive.org/web/20070625154046/http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/  
http://web.archive.org/web/20070618142414/http://szabo.best.vwh.net/scarce.html

*Ray Dillenger (Bear) quote: “Look, (Satoshi) was a construction made explicitly for the purpose of launching Bitcoin……That purpose is fulfilled.  The person who created (Satoshi) has no further need for him.  Thus ends the story”.
J3VVL

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:31:57 AM

There might be a possibility that discovering who Satoshi Nakamoto really is could destroy bitcoin.

Let's imagine that this Tatsuaki Okamoto is the one, with ties to the NSA. What would the Chinese and the Russian think of bitcoin about a NSA created cryptocurrency (with maybe millions of already created bitcoins on the national treasure).

That could destroy worldwide adoption.

Beware of your desires (like knowing who is satoshi) because could become true.

hmmmm... ^this guy Wink
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:22:06 AM

Tatsuaki Okamoto is cited in the very first NSA release about something similar to Bitcoin in 1996, presented at MIT: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

1.Bitcoin is far more interesting if SN remained anonymous. Stop trying to spoil it!

2.As others said, if we positively id SN, it could have far more potential for negative effects than positive. If people didn't like SNs history or associations it may colour people opinions of btc (even if SN were NSA or CIA etc, it wouldn't mean any new or real power over btc - only in peoples perceptions of it). Not to mention for any personal lives at stake... Dorian.

3. its true that SN has the selling power to drive the price down, but so what? Knowing more about SN identity probably won't change that.
I'm sure one day he will spend his/her/their coins anyway  (probably to live of, when enough services are available). SN might even sell h/h/t coins - but if BTC is worth anything then the buyers in the market will grab them up anyway keeping the price above 0 (btc can work just fine at any price above 0).  
What motivates SN to spend or sell h/h/t coins is probably no more 'informed' than anyone else so why give it more credence? He's not involved with btc anymore so doesn't necessarily have any insight or predictive powers (assuming SN isn't involved with an organisation that could kill btc, whatever the hell that would be...lol)

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:38:35 PM

we must come in contact with him

Im pretty sure even if it is him..he is going to say that he isnt.! Unless he steps up for some reason...I dont think we r ever going to find out who satoshi actually is.!

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:07:19 PM

Satoshi could also come out and announce that he deleted his private keys - that should send the price of BTC surging since the edge risk of him dumping all his coins would, likely, no longer exist.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:46:26 PM

Given what seems to happen to people like Charlie Shrem, I don't think it's particularly wise for someone to try and out Satoshi, even if someone like Tatsuaki Okamoto might well be him. If the guy wants to be anonymous, then leave him be.
El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:45:04 PM

Satoshi could also come out and announce that he deleted his private keys - that should send the price of BTC surging since the edge risk of him dumping all his coins would, likely, no longer exist.

Nice post!

Maybe he's just waiting the right time...

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 04:29:42 AM

There is also this:

"An Efficient Divisible Electronic Cash Scheme"

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F3-540-44750-4_35

I only glanced but it basically talks about making a crypto currency with RSA...

Interesting. One point to Tatsuaki Okamoto.

Is there any thread with a list of suspected Satoshis?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: