Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:42:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
realcryptomines

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:21:47 PM

despite what some think, they did not do a good job communicating throughout the fork. sorry to see supernova drop ETN but I don't blame you.  nanopool says they are distributing the rewards amongst the miners but no details have been revealed as to how they will distribute.

@joennl not everyone stalks ETN Facebook or Twitter, further their miners telegram chat has zero helpful info regarding this fork. Good for you knowing all about the fork, looks like plenty others didn't. The team should use every available means of communication to get the word out.

@boxalex they announce nothing, use your crystal ball to determine what is going on, oh and don't talk about the "other chains"
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:25:36 PM

Until there is no confirmation and the blocks are valid we actually have nothing. I mean a block is not just a block, it must be valid
accepted blocks, that's the point we should focus!!!

But that's not the problem, to get it accepted u must find new blocks, right?

It just takes what longer now, but we are rolling so i think today (depends on ur timezone Tongue) the first blocks will be confirmed.

I don't think you know how a blockchain work Smiley

And where is the deal finding a block if its invalid and not accepted as valid. You can find 1.000.000 blocks, if they are not valid where is the deal?

But ok, if you know that everything is perfect, so it be. Just announce than officially that there are no more problems, bugs, whatever and that
in some hours everything will be back to normality .... Easy as that.

Yes i see nanopool working on it, and here my bad, my english is also not that good so i think i just misunderstood you correct. Cheesy

JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:29:44 PM

So the old chain will continue, sorta like ETN Classic? lol only to be ruled by ASICS

Am I wrong here? so the new chain ETN will still be called ETN what will they call the old chain then  Huh and how are exchanges separating the 2 coins now ETNC and ETN maybe lol

probably, just like when monero forked and that resulted in monero original, 2 monero classics, and i forget the other ones name.

I'd be surprised if bitmain didn't try to keep the old chain going.

ETN team needs to get all gpu pools to update to new chain, like yesterday......
Yes, and someone mentioned Suprnova ETN was gone and it is. OCMINER must have taken down the old chain pool and hopefully working on a new chain pool ETN... I'm sure he will come in here and announce if so.

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

No support from the devs here, they only have "their" pool with bonuses etc. and it's hard to keep up with recent changes/development when no one notifies whats actually happening.

(and there's simply no incentive to mine on a different pool if you have bonuses on the other Smiley)

Well the reason why i like ur pool is simply: i can trust it and i have an account for years (manual payment is what i like).

There is many support from the devs! But, bitcointalk (and after the big bitcointalk hack), i dont know if this is still the place to be…

How can it be that the biggest ETN pools know about all? How can it be that i know about ''everything'' (i dont even run an pool)? Tongue

U can not only blame ETN, they spread the word many times for a long while, the update was ready on github and everything. nanopool is not from etn, its from nanopool Tongue Miningpoolhub was also ready for the fork, spacepools also.
 So yeah sad that u dont want to update, but thats not our (etn miners) problem i think (i dont mean this angry or something else).

At least put the old blockchain pool down, there is no reason to let people mine a death chain. etn.suprnova.cc and etn.supr.nova(?)

edit: oké good i can not reach etn.suprnova anymore so i guess u already put it offline, thanks!

And if u put an new pool back (after the first blocks, the rewards are only for a few new blocks), just say it here bro.

I've already stopped the pool after the update, no worries Smiley

Yeah then maybe ur api is a lil bit slow? i see 27 miners/workers online on etn.suprnova.cc

Well like i asked in my previous post; let me know if u put an etn on monerov7 pool online!

And about this fork, ETN told BEFORE Monero forked, that they will follow Monero Smiley The whole world knows about it, and about 30 of may, we all know it for 1-2 months, they gave the date to everybody and warned pools for weeks to update on time. There is no reason for point a finger mate, you know nothing about this fork and the big github from etn, maybe etn didnt know suprnova had an etn pool Smiley

That's only the cache, there is no miner mining atm.

I can add a pool for ETN, however, is there any documentation about what fixed have been added/done now ?

I dont know if u can be in contact with nanopool? I know they are working ''with'' the etn dev's to get things done. But i also know nanopool is not an pool from electroneum.

Or send an PM to contraband, he know the way where u must be (i guess u already looked at there github and reddit?)

Anyway, the way u talk now (more positive) is what i remember about you from like 5 years ago (?), tought u was gettin to arrogant men Tongue

However, i know nanopool is talking with the dev's because they are busy with an new pool fix. I guess u must jump on there boord ?

I know you know almost everything about running pool and many, many different algo's. So i guess you could help them??!! (or am i asking something stupid now?).

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:31:14 PM

So the old chain will continue, sorta like ETN Classic? lol only to be ruled by ASICS

Am I wrong here? so the new chain ETN will still be called ETN what will they call the old chain then  Huh and how are exchanges separating the 2 coins now ETNC and ETN maybe lol

probably, just like when monero forked and that resulted in monero original, 2 monero classics, and i forget the other ones name.

I'd be surprised if bitmain didn't try to keep the old chain going.

ETN team needs to get all gpu pools to update to new chain, like yesterday......
Yes, and someone mentioned Suprnova ETN was gone and it is. OCMINER must have taken down the old chain pool and hopefully working on a new chain pool ETN... I'm sure he will come in here and announce if so.

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

No support from the devs here, they only have "their" pool with bonuses etc. and it's hard to keep up with recent changes/development when no one notifies whats actually happening.

(and there's simply no incentive to mine on a different pool if you have bonuses on the other Smiley)

Well the reason why i like ur pool is simply: i can trust it and i have an account for years (manual payment is what i like).

There is many support from the devs! But, bitcointalk (and after the big bitcointalk hack), i dont know if this is still the place to be…

How can it be that the biggest ETN pools know about all? How can it be that i know about ''everything'' (i dont even run an pool)? Tongue

U can not only blame ETN, they spread the word many times for a long while, the update was ready on github and everything. nanopool is not from etn, its from nanopool Tongue Miningpoolhub was also ready for the fork, spacepools also.
 So yeah sad that u dont want to update, but thats not our (etn miners) problem i think (i dont mean this angry or something else).

At least put the old blockchain pool down, there is no reason to let people mine a death chain. etn.suprnova.cc and etn.supr.nova(?)

edit: oké good i can not reach etn.suprnova anymore so i guess u already put it offline, thanks!

And if u put an new pool back (after the first blocks, the rewards are only for a few new blocks), just say it here bro.

I've already stopped the pool after the update, no worries Smiley

Yeah then maybe ur api is a lil bit slow? i see 27 miners/workers online on etn.suprnova.cc

Well like i asked in my previous post; let me know if u put an etn on monerov7 pool online!

And about this fork, ETN told BEFORE Monero forked, that they will follow Monero Smiley The whole world knows about it, and about 30 of may, we all know it for 1-2 months, they gave the date to everybody and warned pools for weeks to update on time. There is no reason for point a finger mate, you know nothing about this fork and the big github from etn, maybe etn didnt know suprnova had an etn pool Smiley

That's only the cache, there is no miner mining atm.

I can add a pool for ETN, however, is there any documentation about what fixed have been added/done now ?

I dont know if u can be in contact with nanopool? I know they are working ''with'' the etn dev's to get things done. But i also know nanopool is not an pool from electroneum.

Or send an PM to contraband, he know the way where u must be (i guess u already looked at there github and reddit?)

Anyway, the way u talk now (more positive) is what i remember about you from like 5 years ago (?), tought u was gettin to arrogant men Tongue

However, i know nanopool is talking with the dev's because they are busy with an new pool fix. I guess u must jump on there boord ?

And where are they talking? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:32:31 PM

You can also look at their facebook. But contraband may be more helpful.
https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2006006709661297

A new block has been found. Block 307507!!!
realcryptomines

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:32:46 PM

we get more info from nanopool than the devs,

from nanopool:

Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:33:41 PM

from nanopool:

Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

i send contraband an pm for you (ocminer)..

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/issues
https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/8n9aze/possible_minor_problem_with_the_fork/

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:36:12 PM

from nanopool:

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

That's what I meant.. why not discuss such stuff in public... GitHub issues.. bugtrackers etc.. zcash does that and it works really well for example

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
xenomorphe1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

from nanopool:

That's what we call test in production... This explain why the blocks are empty. Sad
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:39:30 PM

from nanopool:

That's what I meant.. why not discuss such stuff in public... GitHub issues.. bugtrackers etc.. zcash does that and it works really well for example

you got an point here yes. I hope they contact you soon, and i hope you can help this sort out.

Love u bro

realcryptomines

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:48:35 PM

from nanopool:

you got an point here yes. I hope they contact you soon, and i hope you can help this sort out.

Love u bro

yes, open communication is super helpful!
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:56:15 PM

from nanopool:

Love u bro

yes, open communication is super helpful!

Indeed, however, nanopool is at this time in contact with the etn devs. I am wondering on what platform  they are talking so that ocminer can join them.

I know ocminer knows every, everything about running pool on all possible algo's. So if somebody can help, it will be ocminer (no, don't get arrogant Tongue ) Smiley

Bhaal1

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

from nanopool:

That's what we call test in production... This explain why the blocks are empty. Sad

What a (somehow expected) mess from the ETN devs...
xenomorphe1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:06:30 PM

The devs are maybe using Discord?
See here:
https://steemit.com/electroneum/@netscape101/make-cpu-mining-electroneum-great-again
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:12:50 PM

Until there is no confirmation and the blocks are valid we actually have nothing. I mean a block is not just a block, it must be valid
accepted blocks, that's the point we should focus!!!

But that's not the problem, to get it accepted u must find new blocks, right?

It just takes what longer now, but we are rolling so i think today (depends on ur timezone Tongue) the first blocks will be confirmed.

I don't think you know how a blockchain work Smiley

So, you think i don't know how a blockchain works, right?

How about this than at exactly what my fear was?

from nanopool:

No offence, but if your only understanding is that a block is a block, no matter what happens to the block, than at least don't comment on valid concerns/questions. Even less making fun of it while you know nothing better!!!!
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:16:05 PM

You dont need to repeat that, i already gave an reaction Smiley

I told there is still a problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you (i tought u was talking about the mining rewards from a block what is like 12k, this needed to be confirmed, that's why i tought u was talking about something else), if u want a kiss? here we go: xx (just kidding)

edit: beter? Cheesy

boxalex

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:17:56 PM

I told there is a new problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you, if u want a kiss? here we go: xx

There is no NEW problem, it's the same old problem since day 1, at least from my readings on the view sources we have....

Edit: And that nanopool works on ETN's blockchain problem to fix the mess up makes things even worse in my opinion.
I mean everything that can't get fixed "in-house" decreases the faith into the dev team....
boxalex

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:31:42 PM

i don't want to sound like a prick, but did the dev team by now (3 days later without working blockchain/network) consider a roll-back?

I mean no transactions have gone through so far which would mean that no harm is done either with a rollback.

Seriously, i have no idea if this can get fixed soon or not having in mind that 3 days the devs/nanopool worked obviously on the wrong
direction.

Eventually a rollback should be considered and than with all time necessary fixing/testing/patching/releasing/preparing a new fork that
should finally work better.

Better safe than sorry in my opinion. I mean if this goes on like that with days eventually weeks, nobody knows. I would take the safe way,
seriously. This is a multi billion dollar project, i wouldn't risk it like that, totally unprepared for whatever.....
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:33:46 PM

I told there is a new problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you, if u want a kiss? here we go: xx

There is no NEW problem, it's the same old problem since day 1, at least from my readings on the view sources we have....

Edit: And that nanopool works on ETN's blockchain problem to fix the mess up makes things even worse in my opinion.
I mean everything that can't get fixed "in-house" decreases the faith into the dev team....

Well for me that's not a problem, and this is also the way you read it.

It's a problem what need a fix, this fix must be added by an pool (in this case nanopool seems to be the closest with contact).

nanopool can directly test it (look the big miners, they cant mine for nothing so they must mine on a working pool as soon as possible) for the dev team, so it isn't that strange.

From the other side, i also agree with ocminer, he is here to help, he's ready to make an pool for etn on monerov7,.. but there is just no contact with the dev team (well, nanopool got contact),

xenomorphe1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

i don't want to sound like a prick, but did the dev team by now (3 days later without working blockchain/network) consider a roll-back?

I mean no transactions have gone through so far which would mean that no harm is done either with a rollback.

Seriously, i have no idea if this can get fixed soon or not having in mind that 3 days the devs/nanopool worked obviously on the wrong
direction.

Eventually a rollback should be considered and than with all time necessary fixing/testing/patching/releasing/preparing a new fork that
should finally work better.

Better safe than sorry in my opinion. I mean if this goes on like that with days eventually weeks, nobody knows. I would take the safe way,
seriously. This is a multi billion dollar project, i wouldn't risk it like that, totally unprepared for whatever.....
I agree with you that would be maybe the best solution. As the blockchain is still not fixed.

They could have the time to change the mining difficulty too to make it easier for the first 360 blocks.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: