Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:10:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bitcoinbitcoin1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:53:39 PM

I'm mobile mining and I've got 20 ETN that hasn't been transferred to the block chain is there a delay at the moment?

Yes, transactions paused at the moment (the app also give u this ''warning'').;

I think in the next days the transactions will flow again Smiley

Hello, I also have same problem, I mined on my mobile and already rearch 10 ETN 4 days ago. Until now I don't see it in my wallet although I refresh wallet several times.
Now I am still waiting ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:02:09 PM

I hope that the developer will be able to fix all the bugs quickly. Can I already maining on the phone?

Keep mining on the phone and keep spreading the message!
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:03:22 PM

I'm mobile mining and I've got 20 ETN that hasn't been transferred to the block chain is there a delay at the moment?

Hello, I also have same problem, I mined on my mobile and already rearch 10 ETN 4 days ago. Until now I don't see it in my wallet although I refresh wallet several times.
Now I am still waiting ?

You will get your ETN eventually so don't worry and keep mining on your phone.

We have 173K active mobile miners now!!!!!!
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

Tech team have predicted a dramatic drop in difficulty for GPU miners on block 307576

We are currently at block 307552.  That is 24 blocks to go!
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

I hope that the developer will be able to fix all the bugs quickly. Can I already maining on the phone?

U can do mining on the phone for a long time already, i am also mining on my s8.

Only transactions are delayed at this moment, should be fixed tomorrow (maybe mobile miner payments will take a little bit longer as the normall blockchain should be work perfectly first).

ffarinas

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:47:16 PM

There are 2 big miners on nanopool, if they leave when the network gets the right difficulty, the problem will repeat in a lower scale right? i assume those 2 big miners are from nicehash
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

There are 2 big miners on nanopool, if they leave when the network gets the right difficulty, the problem will repeat in a lower scale right? i assume those 2 big miners are from nicehash

I believe they are controlled by the ETN team/devs via nicehash.  Shouldn't be a problem if they slowly reduce the hash.
6950TO7950

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:37:07 PM

I believe they are controlled by the ETN team/devs via nicehash.  Shouldn't be a problem if they slowly reduce the hash.
Agreed. If the difficulty go down tomorrow and those 2 stop mining, we the rest of the miners will get biggest shares also since the difficulty will drop even further after their stoppage. Point is that we need to mine in many pools and not in nanopool only since that centralization in mining is bad for any cryptocoin.
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:40:24 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 08:53:22 PM by JoenNL

I believe they are controlled by the ETN team/devs via nicehash.  Shouldn't be a problem if they slowly reduce the hash.
Agreed. If the difficulty go down tomorrow and those 2 stop mining, we the rest of the miners will get biggest shares also since the difficulty will drop even further after their stoppage. Point is that we need to mine in many pools and not in nanopool only since that centralization in mining is bad for any cryptocoin.

https://electroneum.miningpoolhub.com/

not a small pool if u ask me, but there are more pools (outside these 2), only not with this 2 big miners what we have at this moment on nanopool…

I guess suprnova (@ocminer) will also create a pool for ETN MoneroV7.

chomcv

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:33:38 PM

2 big miners on nanopool from etn team..i think they r rented hashpower
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:04:59 AM

Now I am still waiting ?

They are right

It always will end up showing up in your wallet. Dont worry and just keep mobile mining
contraband (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:17:00 AM

Many coins are 1on1 copies (some with small changes), ETN isn't a simple copy from Monero.
ETN is an very tweaked monero

You can't compare it with other coins what has forked. Also the diff was very, very high because of al the asic miners. Other coins also didnt had this problem.

If it was just an copy from monero i would totally agree with you, however it is not a simple copy. And problems are there to be fixed Smiley

Even more reason than to have a good dev team and experts.

Just in generally: I personally have my problems with projects that have good marketing teams, 1000 advisors, make daily a video, have mods/admins on
20 channels but only 1 dev. (Just as an example).

In my opinion the technical advance must be priority, than everything else. Just as a side note as i see many projects focus a lot on marketing but fail to
deliver/develope technicaly..... The best example for that is Verge, hype and always back to the roots.... I have still believe in this project, but as we are
on day 6 now without transacations (maybe even without accepted blocks?!) i strongly advice to investe more on the technically side.

Dont let the current situation fool you; trust me.

They have a patent for Instant Transactions Tech. They hired a Monero Dev and have other blockchain experts.

They are not the "deer in headlights" regarding tech as they are preceived to be.

Lets just say, step back and look big picture and things make more sense
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:16:37 AM

They have a patent for Instant Transactions Tech. They hired a Monero Dev and have other blockchain experts.

Sounds like a plan, but your statement rises another questions. IF they have a patent how is that decentralized?
Do i understand it right that Electroneum is centralized?
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:20:58 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 08:42:27 AM by JoenNL
Merited by contraband (1)

Quote from: boxalex    link=topic=2353282.msg39351224#msg39351224 date=1528108927
Many coins are 1on1 copies (some with small changes), ETN isn't a simple copy from Monero.
ETN is an very tweaked monero

You can't compare it with other coins what has forked. Also the diff was very, very high because of al the asic miners. Other coins also didnt had this problem.

If it was just an copy from monero i would totally agree with you, however it is not a simple copy. And problems are there to be fixed Smiley

Even more reason than to have a good dev team and experts.

Just in generally: I personally have my problems with projects that have good marketing teams, 1000 advisors, make daily a video, have mods/admins on
20 channels but only 1 dev. (Just as an example).

In my opinion the technical advance must be priority, than everything else. Just as a side note as i see many projects focus a lot on marketing but fail to
deliver/develope technicaly..... The best example for that is Verge, hype and always back to the roots.... I have still believe in this project, but as we are
on day 6 now without transacations (maybe even without accepted blocks?!) i strongly advice to investe more on the technically side.

Dont let the current situation fool you; trust me.

They are not the "deer in headlights" regarding tech as they are preceived to be.

Lets just say, step back and look big picture and things make more sense

Yes i also remember u guys hired an Ericcson engineer?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrelpg/

@boxalex, i think that u think in the wrong way (excuse me if i'm wrong),
Do you mean centralize/decentralize or closed source / opensource?
What i am trying to say: ETN is opensource, but like in the whole tech world, some patents are very, very important to secure your business model.

If you want that some technique u create will be able to use in the real world (like instant payments in this way ETN is doing), u must have an patent on it.
Still, every dev in this world is free to create his own technique. So they are blocking nobody on this way, they just secure there own technique what is normall (beter, its very good that they have an patent on this).

Also, what if ETN didnt get a patent on that technique, and what if another team decide to patent it.. ETN would lose there own technique, so before someone else get a patent, you must be first. So yes, it's very good that ETN decide to patent an usefull technique what they created.

I hope u can see it on this way so it makes more sense for you (because i didn't even start about all the positive things about this patent. 1st, they got an stamp on there name in the tech world by this patent) Smiley

contraband (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:47:38 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 09:00:18 AM by contraband

Sounds like a plan, but your statement rises another questions. IF they have a patent how is that decentralized?
Do i understand it right that Electroneum is centralized?

That is one thing that may turn some people off from ETN, is that there are some aspects that are centralized, one big example is the mobile miner.

I would also point out that ETN is a DECENTRALIZED blockchain.

The balance between the two, and getting the best of both worlds, is what I believe will one of the main factors that catapult Electroneum to cryptos first case of true mass adoption.

Some of the benefits of striking that balance are pointed out in the above post quoted here:
i also remember u guys hired an Ericcson engineer?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrelpg/

What i am trying to say: ETN is opensource, but like in the whole tech world, some patents are very, very important to secure your business model.

If you want that some technique u create will be able to use in the real world (like instant payments in this way ETN is doing), u must have an patent on it.
Still, every dev in this world is free to create his own technique. So they are blocking nobody on this way, they just secure there own technique what is normall (beter, its very good that they have an patent on this).

Also, what if ETN didnt get a patent on that technique, and what if another team decide to patent it.. ETN would lose there own technique, so before someone else get a patent, you must be first. So yes, it's very good that ETN decide to patent an usefull technique what they created.

I hope u can see it on this way so it makes more sense for you (because i didn't even start about all the positive things about this patent. 1st, they got an stamp on there name in the tech world by this patent) Smiley
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:29:59 AM

Now I am still waiting ?

hello

same problem minted balance not send
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 09:31:49 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 09:49:41 AM by JoenNL

Now I am still waiting ?

hello

same problem minted balance not send

Hey,

Payments are paused at the moment because of the fork. Seems today the transactions will start again (in approx ~10 blocks).
So first the transactions in the blockchain will be roll, after the mobile payments will roll again and everything will be back to normall.

Did u read the reactions on the questions?

U can just keep mining on the mobile app, payments will come just a little bit later Smiley

boxalex

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

I'am not the patent expert but only have some limited overview on it or/and basic knowledge, but in my opinion:

- nobody can patent open source, means nobody could force out ETN to use it's own research/technology.

- a patent can only be registered by a real person, group of persons or of course companies. Either you have it on open source (decentralized) or patented (centralized), one just excludes the other.

- every open source project is able in real world (as you describe it) to use open source, no need of a patent at all.

- patents serve for 2 things, monetizing the patent eventually later and/or protecting competition to use the same technology. Again, both are against decentralization, hence when it comes to patents every believer in decentralization should have real concerns here.

- eventually and maybe there is an option a given patent can be used by everyone without any restrictions for FREE, enough the patentholder gets mentioned for example. This would be the only case i could think it would "decentralization confirm", but than again, open source is practically the same, why waste big amount of money for a patent registration?!

As said, i'am not the expert and just writing this with common sense and logic, if someone has better more accurate info, please add it or correct by thoughts.
boxalex

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:27:33 AM

That is one thing that may turn some people off from ETN, is that there are some aspects that are centralized, one big example is the mobile miner.

The balance between the two, and getting the best of both worlds, is what I believe will one of the main factors that catapult Electroneum to cryptos first case of true mass adoption.

I get where you are coming from, but that's not how things work.

Either a project is decentralized or centralized, you can't be both in 1 project, easy as that.

And you can't split a project neither by saying the blockchain is decentralized but everything else is centralized, that's not how decentralized things work, seriously not.

To compare here an example: You can't be a non profit foundation and a profit coroporation in the same time by saying donations and volunteer work is done by the foundation part of our project and the profit making is done by the corporated part of the project. While your argument "getting the best of both worlds" holds true in theory, in practice it's just pure centralized, easy as that.

As soon as you have 1 centralized factor the others don't matter anymore.... And actually this factor is the "head", the most important factor of the whole project.

Feel free to correct me if i miss something.
JoenNL

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:53:12 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 11:36:49 AM by JoenNL

I get where you are coming from, but that's not how things work.

Either a project is decentralized or centralized, you can't be both in 1 project, easy as that.

And you can't split a project neither by saying the blockchain is decentralized but everything else is centralized, that's not how decentralized things work, seriously not.

To compare here an example: You can't be a non profit foundation and a profit coroporation in the same time by saying donations and volunteer work is done by the foundation part of our project and the profit making is done by the corporated part of the project. While your argument "getting the best of both worlds" holds true in theory, in practice it's just pure centralized, easy as that.

As soon as you have 1 centralized factor the others don't matter anymore.... And actually this factor is the "head", the most important factor of the whole project.

Feel free to correct me if i miss something.

For me (outsider) its hard to answer this question, but BTC is also centralised then, some Bitcoin Payment Providers got an patent on how they handle Bitcoin transactions.
Is BTC centralised because of this? Maybe its a strange example..

If u want to be serious, if you want companies gonna take you serious, you must be serious too. With this patent u know a lil bit where ETN is standing (; on a serious position).

The way how you look at this patent, its a lil bit negative (well, i dont know if u are negative, it looks like that haha!), but there are only positive things what i can imagine. There are many problems with many coins why they would never be THE coin where u can do worldwide payments.
If you look what ETN already did, what they are doing and what they are going to do, it solves all those problems.

U can not be only there for miners and there things on exchanges, u must be and think bigger then just buy/sell on exchange. To do the reall big thing, u must think big and ur actions must also be big. Centralised or decentralised is not the big matter.

I dont say ETN is centralised, i also don't say ETN is decentralised.

Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: