Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:54:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:39:22 PM

This video was posted yesterday on Electroneum's Facebook page, not sure if anyone else shared it, but it talks about the recent ETN fork, what it is, how it works, when it happened, the reason the fork happened, what happened during the fork, where are they now, among other things.
Here is the FB post and video link.

"Did you know Electroneum’s recent update/fork was a huge success and leaves the path clear for our first 20m users?

We understand that our latest upgrade may have been a bit confusing. Due to this, we’re releasing the first in a series of explainer videos, with none-other than our ETN CEO, Richard Ells.
Our videos will feature new and relative content enabling you, the community, to get to grips with everything Electroneum. From our roadmap to interviews, or even our tech updates.
Watch ’Successful Electroneum Update/Fork’ below.

#Electroneum #ETN #TechVideo #CryptoUpdate #blockchain #News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=ZXQE-AKI3c4"

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/2026584480936853/)

Thanks for sharing!
"the first in a series of explainer videos", that's what got me most interested!
Electroneum is lacking in exposure at the moment and I'm also afraid that a lot of people are not aware of its potential, if they were then it would be reflected on the price of the coin.
The videos can help with both of these problems.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:27:57 PM

Unsteady hash-rate demotivates miners. Real miners are leaving making it more easy to those NiceHash miners to manipulate the hash-rate. The team should react promptly to any threat to their crypto-ecosystem, especially since the leadership is centralised so they can act quickly and efficiently. But hey, they have a new green screen Cool

And what could the reaction be? I can't see any solution that gpu nicehash hashrate goes into the ETN ecosystem whenever they want?! Expect a pure cell phone mining ecosystem or POS.
I mean it's not like with Asics that you can fork away from nicehash gpu traffic and only favour another give gpu traffic. So i'am curious to see what a solution would be.

What makes me a bit wonder is that everybody seems to be suprised with the nicehash issue?! It was just clear that this will happen and not only nicehash, just every mining rental provider + every multi-algo-auto-switching miningpool having cryptonite V7 in their porfolio would "exploit" low difficulty time frames. That's just how this multi-algo-auto system works.

I tried out of curiousity to mine ETN the last days with my I7-8700K, and found out it makes 0 sense, lol, the cell phone simulation makes me double that many coins.

I wrote about solution two pages ago:

devs should reduce the difficulty adjustment  time to a minimum (possibly 2-5 blocks)!
then the blocks time will be stable 2 min as they should,
nicehasher will not have super profits and therefore it will not make sense to attack the network ETN again and again,
this terrible dump will stop finally.

many of other smaller coins already made this setting. for example: intense, iridium (this coin has only 1 dev!), and others.

here is Iridium white paper, look at Page 19:
https://ird.cash/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Iridium-Coin-Whitepaper-v3.pdf

Adaptive Difficulty (LWMA)
What is Linearly Weighted Moving Average (LWMA)? LWMA allows for the
protection against sudden hashrate variations including “hash attacks”. The Algorithm
ensures that a block is mined every 175 seconds on a window size of 60 blocks. Big
miners can no longer come in, mine and leave the network with a high difficulty to
resolve. LWMA allows the entire network to react very fast in case of miner attack (2
or 3 blocks). What does this mean? Small miners and big miners have equal weight in
this game.
kepas

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 09:35:09 PM by kepas

This is what a pool shows as network hash rate... is this right?  Huh

38.20 MH/sec

Was 106 just an hour or 2 ago... strange. Maybe its not asic proof lol  Shocked

And whats up with BTC strong 6200+ that was at 5800 ish and hour or 2 ago... very interesting"

it was nicehash - nicehashers wait for low diff, then mine with 5-10 sec time block and go away when diff is high
and again, and again...
LostButFound

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:00:51 PM

So it's definitely ASIC proof or not really ? What is the current official info ? Antminer X3 for this would be useless ?
kepas

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:25:26 PM

So it's definitely ASIC proof or not really ? What is the current official info ? Antminer X3 for this would be useless ?

yes, its ASIC proof and Antminer X3 would be useless
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:50:53 PM

This is what a pool shows as network hash rate... is this right?  Huh

38.20 MH/sec

Was 106 just an hour or 2 ago... strange. Maybe its not asic proof lol  Shocked

And whats up with BTC strong 6200+ that was at 5800 ish and hour or 2 ago... very interesting"

it was hicehash - hicehashers wait for low diff, then mine with 5-10 sec time block and go away when diff is high
and again, and again...
Ya it sure seemed like a tremendous swing in hash rate tho... hmm Shocked

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:53:53 PM

Instant payment beta testers required!!!!

https://twitter.com/electroneum

She going to rise!
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:05:39 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 04:03:35 AM by allycn

I think these news are a game changer for Electroneum. They are looking for Beta testers for their Instant Payment API for Vendors. This was posted a couple hours on their FB page. Will update the post later with the link:

“We're very excited to announce the launch of the part of Electroneum that has the power to change the world.

We set out, launching our ICO only 9 short months ago with a vision of allowing people to earn and pay with cryptocurrency, straight to and from their phones.

Our vision has grown since then to see how ETN can enable and unlock a 3 trillion dollar market (see our website for details).

We are pleased to say that we've just launched the application to be one of the first vendors to try this system.

Instant Payment API for Vendors. API BETA testers required. Do you know an online store, physical shop, a payment gateway or integrator or an ePOS software company? Let them know.

We are looking for applications to be part of the final testing (on our LIVE blockchain) of our Instant Payment System.

This system allows ecommerce systems and ePOS systems to accept INSTANT PAYMENTS via ETN. Some technical skills will be required to implement API/Webhooks.

ETN Users will be able to pay these BETA vendors using the real ETN in their mobile wallets, as easily as scanning a QR code.

If you know anyone involved in ecommerce payment integrations, please share this and let them know!

Initially we will choose some of the applicants based on a portfolio of services/products and prospective reach.

ALL applicants will be welcomed into our Instant Payment System for vendors once we conclude BETA testing and become fully live.

All selected BETA applicants will also have their projects mentioned or promoted by the ETN team!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKTwWT7W4ltmApZOBdTOSccKC2Ff8vxapGZABWd-HrfvLhlg/viewform

(EDIT: FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/2026584480936853/)
kepas

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:13:18 AM

I think these news are a game changer for Electroneum. They are looking for Beta testers for their Instant Payment API for Vendors. This was posted a couple hours on their FB page. Will update the post later with the link:

“We're very excited to announce the launch of the part of Electroneum that has the power to change the world.

We set out, launching our ICO only 9 short months ago with a vision of allowing people to earn and pay with cryptocurrency, straight to and from their phones.

Our vision has grown since then to see how ETN can enable and unlock a 3 trillion dollar market (see our website for details).

We are pleased to say that we've just launched the application to be one of the first vendors to try this system.

Instant Payment API for Vendors. API BETA testers required. Do you know an online store, physical shop, a payment gateway or integrator or an ePOS software company? Let them know.

We are looking for applications to be part of the final testing (on our LIVE blockchain) of our Instant Payment System.

This system allows ecommerce systems and ePOS systems to accept INSTANT PAYMENTS via ETN. Some technical skills will be required to implement API/Webhooks.

ETN Users will be able to pay these BETA vendors using the real ETN in their mobile wallets, as easily as scanning a QR code.

If you know anyone involved in ecommerce payment integrations, please share this and let them know!

Initially we will choose some of the applicants based on a portfolio of services/products and prospective reach.

ALL applicants will be welcomed into our Instant Payment System for vendors once we conclude BETA testing and become fully live.

All selected BETA applicants will also have their projects mentioned or promoted by the ETN team!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKTwWT7W4ltmApZOBdTOSccKC2Ff8vxapGZABWd-HrfvLhlg/viewform

it has begun!   Shocked
congratulations! 
Slimdev

Activity: 237
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:54:28 AM

ETN community is growing and developing. So let's support the project Electroneum! the best pool for mining https://electroneum.fairhash.org/
Pyro!

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:53:40 AM
Merited by contraband (1)

Most of the Top 20 cryptos are vapor; ideas and concepts with zero tangible product and limited to no use for day-to-day application whatsoever. Have I offended one of your tribes or are you still with me? Remember the Proverb. ETN are about to (I believe) take this entire cryptospace by storm with not just one -- but many -- real and actual products (Mobile Miner, Insta Payments, Vendor API, KYC/AML system under development, and several other real items I won’t mention). Who else is doing this? (rhetorical). Point is, action is everything and ETN unlike other crypto projects actually executes and delivers on its vision with real tangible items already being used -- and this makes all the difference.

It's kind of like if all these other cryptos are promising really cool designs and concepts for a new automobile, and people are investing heavily in their ideas because it sounds so cool...but one minor problem: nobody is making the damn things. Their production lines remain empty but the promises and visions keep building. But still no automobiles are being produced.

Then Electroneum comes along and rolls out a whole fleet of these incredible vehicles! Here's the mobile miner — hop in and take her for a spin it's ready to roll! Vendors, here you go, an instant payment solution that is FREE unlike the 1-3% merchant charge Visa and Mastercard have, and stay tuned we are rolling out more.

Here's the deal, there will be a tidal wave of interest, I believe it, because ETN has and continues to deliver on its promises with impressive and real products (not vapor) that are currently being used and are now ready for the global masses.
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:06:58 PM

Most of the Top 20 cryptos are vapor; ideas and concepts with zero tangible product and limited to no use for day-to-day application whatsoever. Have I offended one of your tribes or are you still with me? Remember the Proverb. ETN are about to (I believe) take this entire cryptospace by storm with not just one -- but many -- real and actual products (Mobile Miner, Insta Payments, Vendor API, KYC/AML system under development, and several other real items I won’t mention). Who else is doing this? (rhetorical). Point is, action is everything and ETN unlike other crypto projects actually executes and delivers on its vision with real tangible items already being used -- and this makes all the difference.

It's kind of like if all these other cryptos are promising really cool designs and concepts for a new automobile, and people are investing heavily in their ideas because it sounds so cool...but one minor problem: nobody is making the damn things. Their production lines remain empty but the promises and visions keep building. But still no automobiles are being produced.

Then Electroneum comes along and rolls out a whole fleet of these incredible vehicles! Here's the mobile miner — hop in and take her for a spin it's ready to roll! Vendors, here you go, an instant payment solution that is FREE unlike the 1-3% merchant charge Visa and Mastercard have, and stay tuned we are rolling out more.

Here's the deal, there will be a tidal wave of interest, I believe it, because ETN has and continues to deliver on its promises with impressive and real products (not vapor) that are currently being used and are now ready for the global masses.

Exactly,

And add to that we are poised to pass Bitcoin in total # of user in 6 to 12 months. Right now we sit close to half of BTCs total number of users, with the FIRST marketing push set to start soon.

Look out!

Put all this together with BTCs next run most likely to push towards a Trillion MC, and the price of ETN right now is absolutely a steal.

*bias alert. I am the ETN Community Manager, not just a neutral mod/admin
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:03:25 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 12:20:52 AM by MinermanNC

Nice but sounds more like a fantasy story  Grin

I've seen just as many ETN's come and go promising pie in the sky. With good devs....

With that said, I certainly hope your correct! lol

Time Sent    Transaction Hash   Amount    Mixin
7/1/2018, 7:04:21 PM      263.0000   0
7/1/2018, 6:34:07 PM      153.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:33:57 PM      169.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:23:49 PM      612.0000   0

And the days not over yet...

Ya I'm back mining ETN  Smiley

PS: Even on a bad day this coin should be trading around 6-700 as it used to be or more...... this 160 crap just ain't gonna cut it. I am encouraged with the current buy power atm.

contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:34:20 AM

Nice but sounds more like a fantasy story  Grin

I've seen just as many ETN's come and go promising pie in the sky. With good devs....

With that said, I certainly hope your correct! lol

Time Sent    Transaction Hash   Amount    Mixin
7/1/2018, 7:04:21 PM      263.0000   0
7/1/2018, 6:34:07 PM      153.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:33:57 PM      169.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:23:49 PM      612.0000   0

And the days not over yet...

Ya I'm back mining ETN  Smiley

PS: Even on a bad day this coin should be trading around 6-700 as it used to be or more...... this 160 crap just ain't gonna cut it. I am encouraged with the current buy power atm.

He referenced the "pie on the sky" coins as well

What he referenced about ETN were mostly things that ARE NOT vapor and are done already!!

His point is just that; ETN is NOT a fantasy story.

Glad to see you back. Mining ETN is a no brainer if you can afford to hang on to the coins and sell at a much higher future price
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:55:28 PM

Yep time will tell i guess. Its just that every time it seems ETN is ready for lift off we have another set back.  Roll Eyes

Hash rates are up, buying is up, now we just need the price to get up there!  Smiley

Maybe this time around it will take off soon. I really like mining ETN and I still think its chances are better than most.

RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

Is there something wrong with spacepools? It feels like the hashrate fell a lot. I've been mining just fine but suddenly I get about 5 ETN per day with 350 H/s... Yeah I'm only CPU mining because my 1080ti and 1070ti are not made for this algo!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:45:45 PM

Is there something wrong with spacepools? It feels like the hashrate fell a lot. I've been mining just fine but suddenly I get about 5 ETN per day with 350 H/s... Yeah I'm only CPU mining because my 1080ti and 1070ti are not made for this algo!!
Not sure but the network hash is as high as Ive seen and the difficulty is going up...... expected earnings nearly cut in half...

ChaozX

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:10:15 PM

How about adding more exchanges in order for mass adoption to work  Undecided
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:14:38 AM

Here comes that huge odd nightly network hash rate drop:

Hash Rate: 47.73 MH/sec

Any explanations? or did i just happen to miss something along the way lol

EDIT: now at  Hash Rate: 26.60 MH/sec

CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:44:37 AM

The devs are working on a solution.

The best solution would be another fork. However, we have just went through a fork so this is not going to happen soon. Another solution would be an increased number of (real, small) miners. These miners will come "organically" after the price of ETN has increased.

So, we may assume the team will shift their focus on the price. Which is a good news for early ICO investors and holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: