Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:27:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Lordas

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:48:25 AM

A bag full of ETN can be game changer for anyone upon the reversal trend in market. Of course when you buy should estimate risk and time of holding in case market doesn't work as you planned. ETN is one of the highly potential coin for the rest of the year in spite of all the decline in its value. Just don't loose patience in the middle of shaking out phase.

This bag sell get back to stone age. I think seeing this situation holders will start to sell ASAP to get some money back. Because less and less response and changes from the devs, more and more marketing, far and far from whitepaper. The only argument left these 2 mln of "users" - ppl who on error or curiosity downloaded the app, but do not know what ETN is about...
CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:58:14 AM

The only argument left these 2 mln of "users" (...)

There are only 500K (or 0.5M) downloads on Google Play, so that is the genuine number of people who were curious enough to test it out in a thorough manner.
Notin2

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:25:13 AM

A bag full of ETN can be game changer for anyone upon the reversal trend in market. Of course when you buy should estimate risk and time of holding in case market doesn't work as you planned. ETN is one of the highly potential coin for the rest of the year in spite of all the decline in its value. Just don't loose patience in the middle of shaking out phase.

This bag sell get back to stone age. I think seeing this situation holders will start to sell ASAP to get some money back. Because less and less response and changes from the devs, more and more marketing, far and far from whitepaper. The only argument left these 2 mln of "users" - ppl who on error or curiosity downloaded the app, but do not know what ETN is about...

in my opinion, i don't think its wise to hodl bags or bag of etn at the moment because for quite some time now all we good see is downward turn on price of etn and less activities in the project, for now am not hodling any etn just following up on project to see new update, might get in again maybe for the cheapness of it, who knows Grin
trilade

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:45:39 AM

The problem is that crypto rich core technical people have already pulled out long time ago. Why would they stick to the project when the technical lead makes such coconut statements:

“When we banned ASICs, Electroneum became vulnerable to attack”, he said. “From a rate of approximately 2 giga-hashes, we ended up with 30 mega-hashes just yesterday.  We calculated that if a malicious agent used a cloud-mining site like NiceHash, they could successfully stage a 51% attack for as little as $3,000”

51% attack via NiceHash for $3k  Grin Grin Grin
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:50:34 PM

in my opinion, i don't think its wise to hodl bags or bag of etn at the moment because for quite some time now all we good see is downward turn on price of etn and less activities in the project, for now am not hodling any etn just following up on project to see new update, might get in again maybe for the cheapness of it, who knows Grin
Well I'm not going to sell at a loss. I will continue to hold as long as it takes. I'm certainly not going to give them away for someone else to hodl lol

Aside from any gripes with the devs, ETN does still manage to corner a lot of publicity compared to other coins in its class. So there is still hope for an up tick.

Actually ETN trade volume still seems to be relatively healthy and I know BTC holders are feeling the pinch in this up and down climate with crypto as well.

If nothing else, its a good time to buy lol  Cheesy

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
sisquo2121

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:45:33 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2018, 03:57:25 AM by sisquo2121

The price just keeps sinking. I don't think the electroneum team even cares. They just want to get this coin to the unbanked .

You would think they would at least mention the price problem and how they plan on doing something about it.

I guess ells has to do more worthless photo ops, and talk in front of small crowds, instead of getting this project back on the train tracks and moving in a forward direction.

The coinbene exchange was a joke because those asians on coinbene only put money into the top three coins. I looked on the volume of coinbene and 95% of the volume is bitcoin litecoin and ethereum.

Get an exchange that is not so top heavy and has investors that are willing to take a chance on a coin like electroneum.

This project needs a large team of good developers and not some hacks they find from third world countries. It needs to start delivering on its promises because all the hype is gone and its only going to get worse unless they start doing something about it. At the very least give us some feedback on what is going on and some timelines on when things will be delivered.

The market is driven by bitcoin whether we like it or not, and until bitcoin makes a bull run were going to see bad times. The problem with bitcoin as far as I'm concerned is the bitcoin futures markets; they should be banned. The wall street crooks are just shorting the crap out of the bitcoin futures and driving the price down.

The koreans banned bitcoin futures and so should the americans. These wall street crooks don't even touch bitcoin. They simply make trades in fiat currency and never have to own any bitcoin. SEC you need to ban bitcoin futures and allow bitcoin ETF's.

They allow bitcoin futures, which are known to be able to be used to manipulate prices, yet they won't allow a bitcoin ETF, which is much safer and a better form of investment because it's just putting chunks of bitcoins into nice tidy packages to be bought and sold on the exchanges. We know the us government always allow the wall street crooks to run wild and manipulate the markets.

China also needs to get on board and allow exchanges to be opened up once again. These two things need to happen for the market to turn around again. Until then etn will continue to suffer, especially if they don't start delivering on their very lofty promises.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:30:09 AM

....... when the technical lead makes such coconut statements:

“When we banned ASICs, Electroneum became vulnerable to attack”, he said. “From a rate of approximately 2 giga-hashes, we ended up with 30 mega-hashes just yesterday.  We calculated that if a malicious agent used a cloud-mining site like NiceHash, they could successfully stage a 51% attack for as little as $3,000”

What's that funny or "coconut" with this statement? That's exactly how it was and that's a serious issue by the way and at least i can't see anything funny about it.
allycn

Merit: 110

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:58:37 AM

Allow me to make a suggestion for an exchange,
https://blockport.io/

Because of it's friendly user interface and the mobile version of the site which functions as an app, I believe it'll be very suitable for Electroneum's philosophy.
It also accepts fiat so it'll be the first fiat->ETN gateway and since it's a new exchange (still in open beta I think?) it might have a low entrance cost.

In the near feature they're promising to implement their main selling point too, which is social trading (copying the trades of another, more experienced user).

Although I have yet to do any trading, and I really like the concept of instant payments, it would be wonderful to have the option an exchange that trades ETN directly into fiat as well.
trilade

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:20:50 AM

What's that funny or "coconut" with this statement? That's exactly how it was and that's a serious issue by the way and at least i can't see anything funny about it.

And could you please explain me how someone would perform a 51% attack via NiceHash?
Tell you something better, GRAFT cryptonight coin is currently only 14MH/s total network speed - hack it with a total of $3k budget!
The funny about is the statement is all just fearmongering, only a kid high on candies would say something like this to scare his mates.
The fun is actually on YOU who believe this is possible.
boxalex

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:36:11 AM

And could you please explain me how someone would perform a 51% attack via NiceHash?
Tell you something better, GRAFT cryptonight coin is currently only 14MH/s total network speed - hack it with a total of $3k budget!
The funny about is the statement is all just fearmongering, only a kid high on candies would say something like this to scare his mates.

Seems you have 0 knowledge about how attacks are carried out and done in the past.

Actually GRAFT and INTENSE have been successfully attacked as well.
Not sure if it makes much sense to discuss such attack matters with someone that has no knowledge about such things.

Maybe as a first step you take a look into this list of attack cost and available hashrate: https://www.crypto51.app/

Than eventually reconsider your total dumb statements or just continue as usual as a forum clown.
trilade

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2018, 10:29:38 AM by trilade

“When we banned ASICs, Electroneum became vulnerable to attack”, he said. “From a rate of approximately 2 giga-hashes, we ended up with 30 mega-hashes just yesterday.  We calculated that if a malicious agent used a cloud-mining site like NiceHash, they could successfully stage a 51% attack for as little as $3,000”

51% attack via NiceHash for $3k  Grin Grin Grin

Seems you have 0 knowledge about how attacks are carried out and done in the past.

Not sure if it makes much sense to discuss such attack matters with someone that has no knowledge about such things.

Maybe as a first step you take a look into this list of attack cost and available hashrate: https://www.crypto51.app/

Than eventually reconsider your total dumb statements or just continue as usual as a forum clown.

First of all the "51% attack" term is traditionally used for modifying past transactions, and in this case it was stated in a way so people will think somebody can steal their coins.
In this instance he could have said, somebody will be able to double spend their OWN coins to an exchange - but this doesn't as scary doesn't it?
How is a $3000 double spend attack will cause serious damage to the network and this is including Nicehash charges, infrastructure, your own coins you want to double spend and dev time spent on the attack?
Not talking about the fact that first they need to bypass Cryptonight double spend protection (requires a real expert) and it assumes the coin devs are not monitoring these activities whatsoever, and not countering the attempt.
Coins with very low hashrate requires much more confirmations on exchanges which also reduces the chances for an attack to succeed.
The website you linked states on the top says "This is a collection of coins and the theoretical cost of a 51% attack on each network".
This is already telling you, that it is theoretical, and not cost effective to the attacker at all.
So if you telling me you are able to perform a serious attack on a low hash Cryptonote coin at a $3k budget then you are a fool.

And BTW intense 51% attack was carried out by ASICS.
Source:
https://intensecoin.com/2018/04/imminent-hard-fork-and-network-attack/

PS.: And if you are not ready to discuss this and just want to discredit me, might aswell leave your keyboard untouched because your post is lack of evidence/fact backing the $3k attack bulls*** statement
boxalex

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:23:56 AM

“When we banned ASICs, Electroneum became vulnerable to attack”, he said. “From a rate of approximately 2 giga-hashes, we ended up with 30 mega-hashes just yesterday.  We calculated that if a malicious agent used a cloud-mining site like NiceHash, they could successfully stage a 51% attack for as little as $3,000”

First of all the "51% attack" term is traditionally used for modifying past transactions, and in this case it was stated in a way so people will think somebody can steal their coins.
In this instance he could have said, somebody will be able to double spend their OWN coins to an exchange - but this doesn't as scary doesn't it?
How is a $3000 double spend attack will cause serious damage to the network and this is including Nicehash charges, infrastructure, your own coins you want to double spend and dev time spent on the attack?
Not talking about the fact that first they need to bypass Cryptonight double spend protection (requires a real expert) and it assumes the coin devs are not monitoring these activities whatsoever, and not countering the attempt.
Coins with very low hashrate requires much more confirmations on exchanges which also reduces the chances for an attack to succeed.
The website you linked states on the top says "This is a collection of coins and the theoretical cost of a 51% attack on each network".
This is already telling you, that it is theorical, and not cost effective to the attacker at all.
So if you telling me you are able to perform a serious attack on a low hash Cryptonote coin at a $3k budget then you are a fool.
Makes no sense, you lack the basic knowledge of all the different attacks and how they are carried out and how they are monetized.....
Get some basic knowledge and than we can discuss the matter again. Your whole stories are just bashing without fundamental and basic
knowledge. Seriously, while you call me a fool, better get to a mirror and see how a real fool looks like.

This combined with your low posting count makes me think you are some forum troll which only purpose is to descredit ETN.
dimadmitriev

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:33:00 AM

Hey. Tell us please, does this project work now? what is ETN doing now? Thank you.
trilade

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:36:03 AM

This is already telling you, that it is theorical, and not cost effective to the attacker at all.
Makes no sense, you lack the basic knowledge of all the different attacks and how they are carried out and how they are monetized.....
Get some basic knowledge and than we can discuss the matter again. Your whole stories are just bashing without fundamental and basic
knowledge. Seriously, while you call me a fool, better get to a mirror and see how a real fool looks like.

This combined with your low posting count makes me think you are some forum troll which only purpose is to descredit ETN.

Ahh please, share us your knowledge, I haven't seen a single source / evidence / effort estimates / cost estimates / reward estimates  for a $3000 51% attack on a Cryptonote coin.
trilade

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

Hey. Tell us please, does this project work now? what is ETN doing now? Thank you.

They are currently mass airdopping coins and working on the instant payment system that bitpay and coinbase already have for many years.
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:50:06 AM

I am still buying this coin because of interesting plan and very active dev team. Even this looking risky as like price is heading towards down trend but this is the right time to take advantage of cheap coins before it get too late.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:16:57 PM

I am still buying this coin because of interesting plan and very active dev team. Even this looking risky as like price is heading towards down trend but this is the right time to take advantage of cheap coins before it get too late.

Very active team ? What kind of joke is that ?

ETN github activity: https://coincheckup.com/coins/electroneum/analysis#github

Monero github activity: https://coincheckup.com/coins/monero/analysis#github

Masari (much lower value than ETN) github activity: https://coincheckup.com/coins/masari/analysis#github

Stellite (community volontary devs, no marketing AT ALL): https://coincheckup.com/coins/stellite/analysis#github

Loki: https://coincheckup.com/coins/loki/analysis#github

Trying to market and hype a coin doesn't mean developpmement at all.

contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

Masari (much lower value than ETN) github activity: https://coincheckup.com/coins/masari/analysis#github

Stellite (community volontary devs, no marketing AT ALL): https://coincheckup.com/coins/stellite/analysis#github

Check the partnerships, and thats just what has been made pubic so far, the patent on Instant Transaction Tech, etc

You can start there
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:45:02 PM

Check the partnerships, and thats just what has been made pubic so far, the patent on Instant Transaction Tech, etc

You can start there

That's marketing, and please provide the link to the patent acceptance. I found NOTHING at WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) using keywords: "electroneum" or "1805708.3" or "1805708".
allycn

Merit: 110

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:39:28 AM

This was shared a few days ago in Electroneum's Facebook page, the interview Richard had with Mick Ambrose from AllAboutTech (it is a series called Question Time with Richard Ells).

"Have you seen Mick Ambrose from AllAboutTech's YouTube series with #Electroneum CEO Richard Ells?

If not, visit his channel to hear Richard's views on all things #cryptocurrency and learn about our plans to support the global #financialinclusion drive.

Here's a link: http://bit.ly/2M3ovx4"

(Facebook Post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2067175950211039)

And if you are not a fan of visiting Facebook, these are the direct links:
- Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGMxTkOHsE
- Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTreyenjZF8
- Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jn5kWUCjzs
- Part 4 (New App Features + Revenue Streams): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0rjbvS7Co
- Part 5 (Exclusive New Information): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPeyUERHnM
- Part 6 (Finale): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inW0dL9o79g
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: