Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:10:45 AM

We had many GPU miners here in this thread, however I see no new ASIC miner guys involved in discussions.

That was the death sentence for ETN when they switched back algo's

You wont see ASIC miners involved. What few there is, are just mining and dumping with there new shiny ASIC miners, until the price has nothing left to offer them.

Whats the difference between GPU miners and ASIC miners?

Most of GPU miners are hobby miners.
Most of ASIC miners are businesses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:22:38 AM
Merited by contraband (1)

We had many GPU miners here in this thread, however I see no new ASIC miner guys involved in discussions.

You wont see ASIC miners involved. What few there is, are just mining and dumping with there new shiny ASIC miners, until the price has nothing left to offer them.

Every hobby miner is collecting his coins and every business is dumping in an instant Huh So how is it possible that bitcoin price is on the level where it is?
I don`t think that the price is caused of ASIC miners, i think the investors losing their faith in electroneum and i really hope that the team can earn it back!
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:25:00 AM

https://coincheckup.com/coins/electroneum/analysis#github
4 commits in 3 months = no developpement.

Graft has 15 (which is still low).
https://coincheckup.com/coins/graft/analysis#github

Masari has 35 commits in the same period.

Stellite has 47 (but much younger coin).

Monero has almost 400...

Due to ETN being a decentralized/centralized hybrid you wont see commits as regular as purely decentralized coins.

This will cause some to shy away, but it is not a case of the ETN team not being tech savvy. Its quite the opposite.

------

And the team wont take so long that the coin will die. ETN will be just fine.

--------

Again, take the time to go over my very long last post, and watch the videos. After doing so, you will see what I mean about the low price right now being a good thing for speculators IMO
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

I think, when the asics involved to any project asics miners creating market crash since they pay too much money to getting those asics. They just want to get back what they pay to asics machine immediately before those machines turned to useless.
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:11:14 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2018, 01:25:14 PM by kepas

Every hobby miner is collecting his coins and every business is dumping in an instant Huh So how is it possible that bitcoin price is on the level where it is?
I don`t think that the price is caused of ASIC miners, i think the investors losing their faith in electroneum and i really hope that the team can earn it back!

it makes no sense to compare bitcoin with etn, because bitcoin has a huge demand - it is for bitcoin people buy all 2000 altcoins,
and there is no demand for etn - why buy it if it is not used anywhere?
someday it will be used (probably), but when? - unknown
until then, there's a bunch of sellers (asic miners) with 8 million etn every day.

take a look at cryptopia:
Sell Orders 180414173.31771722 ETN
Buy Orders 9.32798596 BTC
kepas

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:21:27 PM

I think, when the asics involved to any project asics miners creating market crash since they pay too much money to getting those asics. They just want to get back what they pay to asics machine immediately before those machines turned to useless.
Yes, you got it right - the main thing for them is return on investment
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:47:40 PM

That's a totally incorrect statement lol  Roll Eyes

So a guy with 30k invested in GPU mining rigs vs 1 guy with a couple of ASIC miners make him a business?Huh?

Don't know how you arrived at that conclusion lol

And another poster is right, people pay 2000 for an ASIC miner.. there only goal is to mine as much as they can and dump to get their return on their ASIC investment before others have the same ASIC driving back down their slice of the pie. I think that's what we have been seeing since the switch back to the old algo.

The market it flooded!!! with ETN now, and very low buy power from BTC now.

Make of it what you will.

Also, Ill say it again, when the hash mining power is spread across thousands of GPU miners it generates a much more level playing field. GPU miners tend to hold their coins longer hoping for a better price AND they love to be active in threads like this one sharing experiences and generally create enthusiasm in the thread... ok, just my opinion.  Cheesy

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:52:48 PM

To those that dont know, GPU miners sell their coins, too..

.. Maybe not as much..

..but it makes no difference when we are figuring the total amount of coins mined per day, no matter if its ASICs or GPUs

Some of the recent posts, it just seems like some people think more coins are mined per day with ASICs.

And dont get me wrong, I know most of you understand this.

Just a reminder
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:57:36 AM

Mail from Richard with an awaited update:

Hi Everyone!

We have just launched an Electroneum community forum!

https://community.electroneum.com

You can log in with your Electroneum username. We are looking forward to getting the awesome Electroneum community in to one place, where you can help each other and talk about everything Electroneum & cryptocurrency.

Lots of helpful articles, social posts and comments are being lost by disappearing into social media history - and our new community forum will enable us to keep the best solutions for questions and articles alive, creating a great resource for understanding what we are doing, where we are going, how to use ETN, etc.

There's voting, marking solutions to problems and the ability to earn badges and move up the ranks from New user to Enthusiast, Educator, Professor and ultimately Genius level!

Once we have monitored the use for a while, we will introduce a reward system for those users who help out the most. Rewarding users who take their valuable time and contribute it to the community will help us moderate the forum and ensure it is a pleasant place to discuss Electroneum and all things crypto.

Read the rest of this email - then go and introduce yourself and make your first post on our forum - we can't wait to see you there!

OKEX Exchange Vote - we need YOUR help

OKEX (the 2nd biggest exchange in the world) is hosting a community coin vote, and we need our incredible community's voting power!

We’re putting the power of change into your hands, to get ETN listed on a monster exchange. Voting costs nothing and only takes a moment of your time, see community post below for more details and instructions.

https://community.electroneum.com/t/new-exchange-opportunity-okex-exchange/120

If you haven't voted already - please take the few minutes to do so. Getting Electroneum onto OKEX would be incredible for Electroneum! Thank you!

Instant Payment Beta Vendor API / App Update

We have over 1000 vendors that have applied to take part in the Vendor API Beta testing. They will be getting an email next week to invite them to start using the API in the live environment! There is an app update coming next week to facilitate this.

We can't wait to see the online stores and physical shops that integrate and we will be asking them to make videos and take photographs of the ETN integrations so we can show the community. We will be working with the BETA testers in a closed group on the new forum initially, then we will open that up to the public on full release once any issues that the BETA users find are solved.

If you are remotely technical and you'd like to see the API documentation in advance of it going fully live - you'll find it below (please note that it will begin functioning next week on BETA release).

https://community.electroneum.com/t/using-the-etn-instant-payment-api/121

What's coming...

September will be a busy month for Electroneum as we bring on the first hundred instant pay vendors (hey! if you ALREADY accept ETN - let us know via the forum and we'll get you into the BETA of instant pay - AND we'll get you added to our new "ETN Everywhere" website, a global directory of vendors. Currently in development, but due out in Q4 2018.

As always, we are working hard to get everything live as soon as we can, I'd like to thank everyone for their support and positivity and I'm excited to be so close to having a fully working instant payment mobile cryptocurrency, that we can roll out and promote on the ground around the world.

Have a great day everyone,

Richard Ells

Founder, Electroneum.com

stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

it makes no sense to compare bitcoin with etn, because bitcoin has a huge demand - it is for bitcoin people buy all 2000 altcoins,
and there is no demand for etn - why buy it if it is not used anywhere?
someday it will be used (probably), but when? - unknown
until then, there's a bunch of sellers (asic miners) with 8 million etn every day.

take a look at cryptopia:
Sell Orders 180414173.31771722 ETN
Buy Orders 9.32798596 BTC

This is exactly what i said. Investors lose faith in etn. If etn earn it back, investors coming back and buy.  This is how markets work. What is the benefit when we have all of your hobbie gpu miner (where 100% of them are holding the etn Cheesy ) and nobody is willing to buy? Zero - so don`t cry about ASIC miners, pray for ongoing development and a working marketing campaign.
Notin2

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:57:59 AM

Buying etn now at this very point would mean hodl it for a long term ....... maybe 3-4yrs to come by then etn must have gain the mass adoption by many and crypto market cap must have increase in value, there is nothing much to expect from etn this year probably, i hope etn can bounce back when its time.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:14:36 AM

So a guy with 30k invested in GPU mining rigs vs 1 guy with a couple of ASIC miners make him a business?Huh?

I said MOST OF
kepas

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:47:37 AM

Hi Everyone!

We have just launched an Electroneum community forum!

https://community.electroneum.com

You can log in with your Electroneum username. We are looking forward to getting the awesome Electroneum community in to one place, where you can help each other and talk about everything Electroneum & cryptocurrency.

Lots of helpful articles, social posts and comments are being lost by disappearing into social media history - and our new community forum will enable us to keep the best solutions for questions and articles alive, creating a great resource for understanding what we are doing, where we are going, how to use ETN, etc.

There's voting, marking solutions to problems and the ability to earn badges and move up the ranks from New user to Enthusiast, Educator, Professor and ultimately Genius level!

Once we have monitored the use for a while, we will introduce a reward system for those users who help out the most. Rewarding users who take their valuable time and contribute it to the community will help us moderate the forum and ensure it is a pleasant place to discuss Electroneum and all things crypto.

Read the rest of this email - then go and introduce yourself and make your first post on our forum - we can't wait to see you there!

OKEX Exchange Vote - we need YOUR help

OKEX (the 2nd biggest exchange in the world) is hosting a community coin vote, and we need our incredible community's voting power!

We’re putting the power of change into your hands, to get ETN listed on a monster exchange. Voting costs nothing and only takes a moment of your time, see community post below for more details and instructions.

https://community.electroneum.com/t/new-exchange-opportunity-okex-exchange/120

If you haven't voted already - please take the few minutes to do so. Getting Electroneum onto OKEX would be incredible for Electroneum! Thank you!

Instant Payment Beta Vendor API / App Update

We have over 1000 vendors that have applied to take part in the Vendor API Beta testing. They will be getting an email next week to invite them to start using the API in the live environment! There is an app update coming next week to facilitate this.

We can't wait to see the online stores and physical shops that integrate and we will be asking them to make videos and take photographs of the ETN integrations so we can show the community. We will be working with the BETA testers in a closed group on the new forum initially, then we will open that up to the public on full release once any issues that the BETA users find are solved.

If you are remotely technical and you'd like to see the API documentation in advance of it going fully live - you'll find it below (please note that it will begin functioning next week on BETA release).

https://community.electroneum.com/t/using-the-etn-instant-payment-api/121

What's coming...

September will be a busy month for Electroneum as we bring on the first hundred instant pay vendors (hey! if you ALREADY accept ETN - let us know via the forum and we'll get you into the BETA of instant pay - AND we'll get you added to our new "ETN Everywhere" website, a global directory of vendors. Currently in development, but due out in Q4 2018.

As always, we are working hard to get everything live as soon as we can, I'd like to thank everyone for their support and positivity and I'm excited to be so close to having a fully working instant payment mobile cryptocurrency, that we can roll out and promote on the ground around the world.

Have a great day everyone,

Richard Ells

Founder, Electroneum.com

I hope that it will be a start point of up trend...
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:53:40 AM

snip

No it won't help this project to start moving in upward direction we need something great who make this journey more interesting. We need some interesting features according to the roadmap.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

How would they do that? Photos of what, a blueprint of site layout with coins logo, made in photoshop. I am one of the merchants who looks forward to integrate big swollen coins which will have something to show when the process of integration is finalized. Blown up cryptos raised in fraternity to step in to the big game is what I both like and feel sorry for.

kepas

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:37:21 PM

snip

No it won't help this project to start moving in upward direction we need something great who make this journey more interesting. We need some interesting features according to the roadmap.

which features? just don't talk about masternodes
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:54:58 PM

To those that dont know, GPU miners sell their coins, too..

.. Maybe not as much..

..but it makes no difference when we are figuring the total amount of coins mined per day, no matter if its ASICs or GPUs

Some of the recent posts, it just seems like some people think more coins are mined per day with ASICs.

And dont get me wrong, I know most of you understand this.

Just a reminder
Exactly... just those same amount of coins per day going into just a few hands now instead of being spread out. that's my point  Grin

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:07:05 PM

I said MOST OF

Ya you did say "MOST OF"  but so are "most of" the ASIC owners, just hobbyist with one machine maybe 2. Oh well plenty of non ASIC coins out there to be mined  Smiley

Don't get me wrong I still want to see ETN succeed, but its been taking a beating in many ways. Maybe in time it can recover  Smiley

allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:11:18 AM

For those asking for more exchanges, be sure to vote for this new exchange opportunity: OKEX exchange. This was posted early on the 30th on Electroneum's FB page:

"New Exchange Opportunity.

OKEX Exchange (The 2nd biggest exchange in the world) is hosting a community coin vote, and we need our incredible community's voting power!

(Deadline is on September 5th 2018 at 23:59pm)

We’re putting the power of change into your hands, to get ETN listed on a monster exchange. Voting is free and only takes a moment of your time, see below for more details.

1️⃣ Join OKEX telegram chat: https://t.me/okexofficial_en
2️⃣ Click on the pinned message
3️⃣ Scroll down to the very bottom of the list, and Vote for Electroneum! (on the grey button)

#Blockchain #ETN #vote"

(FB Post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2086089471653020)

They also posted a bit more info regarding the ETN forum:

"The ETN team are excited to announce the launch of our new Electroneum forum! A place where our community can chat, listen, learn and debate all things ETN – and where we’ll be posting ETN content and news.

The forum represents a social and inquisitive hubbub where you, our community, can integrate with team members and fellow community members alike. Whether it’s posting fan art; debating tech, educating yourself or just absorbing the culture, you’ll love what we have to offer with our latest platform.

Earn badges and contribute your opinion!
Go ahead and log in to: community.electroneum.com

We can’t wait to see you there!

(Make sure upon logging in, to change your forum username and avatar in settings to something more personal, to distinguish yourself)

Team ETN"

(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2086322914963009)
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:32:03 PM

snip

Is there a new roadmap? because I read the whitepaper and it doesn't say anything other than some Integration of a global SMS message system.
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: