Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 11933 times)
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:57:02 PM

Damn, you really expect it to cost $12m for development? How many years of development would that cover?

We use "development" in the widest sense of the word. While we certainly don't plan to spend that much on the technical development of the platform, there are certain features that will cost quite a bit of money.

Getting licenses to offer HD live-streams of high-profile sporting events within the platform will not be cheap. Establishing partner programs with ticketing agencies and sports merchandisers will also require significant initial investment. Doing these things in just one country would be costly, but attempting it on a global scale is certainly going to be a long-term investment and process.

As more users join Scorum and the active audience grows, these costs should diminish as more established companies in the industry see Scorum as a platform they need to be a part of in order to keep pace with fans interests.

We project this amount to cover development for 3-4 years.

That totally makes sense now. I could definitely see how all that stuff could be so expensive.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:15:16 PM

I'm guessing this is all pre-mined? It seems like all newer tokens are, am I right?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:23:31 PM

I actually just doubled half my investment portfolio with Cardano, and guess where I'm going to put a sizable chunk of my new capital.  Wink
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:34:03 PM

What smart contracts will you guys be using?

That's a great question actually.

We won't be using smart contracts because we are building our own blockchain. Scorum's protocol is implemeneted by our native blockchain written with C++ on the graphene framework.

From the white paper:

The Graphene framework is used to develop the blockchain protocol for Scorum. This solution has already proved itself both reliable and highly capable in such successful blockchain projects as Bitshares, Steemit, and Golos. The Scorum blockchain uses the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus algorithm.

The key advantage of this algorithm is its high-traffic network capacity of up to 10 000 transactions per second. Such performance is made possible thanks to a combination of several factors:
1. The schedule for the nodes signing blocks is known ahead of time.
2. Effective transaction processing in each node.
3. All data necessary for validating transactions is stored in the memory.

10k transactions / second is considerably faster than even ETH isn't it?

How is this possible?
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:43:07 PM

Anymore plugs from Timofey Mozgov​ or the other athletes coming anytime soon?
John_Mct

Activity: 164

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 09:13:45 AM

Anymore plugs from Timofey Mozgov​ or the other athletes coming anytime soon?

Blog post coming this week about our athletes and the marketing activities they'll be doing with us, specifically Timofey Mozgov!

Redefining Sports Media on the Graphene Framework
John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:09:57 AM

How is this possible?

In layman's terms: by pre-scheduling the block-signing and using the delegated proof of stake consensus each block is created on a determined schedule and each block can hold thousands of transactions.

For the more technically minded:
"Graphene, an Open Source, mostly C++, blockchain implementation was originally developed as the foundation of Bitshares, a cryptocurrency exchange marketplace. The source is available in numbers of variations, as it has been forked and adapted many times. The original release is managed by an organization known as Cryptonomex. Graphene is interesting because it is Open Source, but also because it was developed in a very modular fashion, making it adaptable to many different uses. In addition to Bitshares, Graphene serves as the blockchain foundation for Steemit.com, a news aggregation site similar in concept to reddit.com and PeerPlays.com, a gaming site. FollowMyVote.com is another example of a service built on the Graphene blockchain. FollowMyVote uses Graphene to facilitate secure, yet private, internet-based municipal voting. There are many other users of Graphene beyond this sample list."
-Source

Further reading: Lots of articles on Steemit since the Steem blockchain uses the Graphene Framework
Bitshares has a detailed documentation of the DPOS consensus and the speeds available with Graphene

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

I actually just doubled half my investment portfolio with Cardano, and guess where I'm going to put a sizable chunk of my new capital.  Wink

Zinylia (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:32 PM

A seasoned sports journalist and one of the Scorum founders, Alexei Belov, has created a Telegram channel where he shares his vision for the exciting future of sports media. Join the conversation! https://t.me/mediascorum
Dipsomaniac

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:35:18 PM

Do you guys have any plans to discourage holders from dumping them at the first exchange?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:03:49 PM

A seasoned sports journalist and one of the Scorum founders, Alexei Belov, has created a Telegram channel where he shares his vision for the exciting future of sports media. Join the conversation! https://t.me/mediascorum

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, good sir!

Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:16:28 PM

In terms of features possible in the future, there's a good chance we'll be integrating fantasy sports leagues into the platform once we have a large active user base. This will be commission-free as well and give users another way to utilize SCR tokens, not to mention have some fun!

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.

There are whispers of this happening much sooner than I thought initially! Stay tuned  Wink

Any news on this?
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:31:48 PM

How is this possible?

In layman's terms: by pre-scheduling the block-signing and using the delegated proof of stake consensus each block is created on a determined schedule and each block can hold thousands of transactions.

For the more technically minded:
"Graphene, an Open Source, mostly C++, blockchain implementation was originally developed as the foundation of Bitshares, a cryptocurrency exchange marketplace. The source is available in numbers of variations, as it has been forked and adapted many times. The original release is managed by an organization known as Cryptonomex. Graphene is interesting because it is Open Source, but also because it was developed in a very modular fashion, making it adaptable to many different uses. In addition to Bitshares, Graphene serves as the blockchain foundation for Steemit.com, a news aggregation site similar in concept to reddit.com and PeerPlays.com, a gaming site. FollowMyVote.com is another example of a service built on the Graphene blockchain. FollowMyVote uses Graphene to facilitate secure, yet private, internet-based municipal voting. There are many other users of Graphene beyond this sample list."
-Source

Further reading: Lots of articles on Steemit since the Steem blockchain uses the Graphene Framework
Bitshares has a detailed documentation of the DPOS consensus and the speeds available with Graphene

Whoo, that's some intense stuff. Have to put on my thinking cap, and re-read this 3-4 times lol. So how can you schedule for blocks to be signed before they need to be signed?
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 09:00:03 PM

Where will future customers purchase new tokens after the ICO ends?

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:40:53 AM

Whoo, that's some intense stuff. Have to put on my thinking cap, and re-read this 3-4 times lol. So how can you schedule for blocks to be signed before they need to be signed?

Ok so we'll have 21 block producers signing their block each round every 3 seconds. 20 delegates are voted on by SP holders (the last one is a runner selected by a consensus agreement closer to regular proof of stake). If a delegate misses their window to create a block for some reason, a block producer from the next slot will be selected to create the block. All block producers create one block and also validate the blocks created by the other 20 delegates for each round.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:43:03 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 02:16:49 PM by John_Mct

Do you guys have any plans to discourage holders from dumping them at the first exchange?

Our goal with SCR is for it to be most useful within the platform and our economic model is designed so that Scorum members can earn more tokens from their efforts within the platform. Aside from clearly showing the metrics that will ensure this, there is no explicit way to discourage token holders from selling their tokens. We will develop the Scorum as planned and rely on the activities of our users to support SCR.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

I'm guessing this is all pre-mined? It seems like all newer tokens are, am I right?

Yes.

Where will future customers purchase new tokens after the ICO ends?

SCR tokens will be available on crypto exchanges (we're in talks with several at the moment and will finalize which ones when we get closer to the crowdsale). In the future we hope to offer fans the option of purchasing SCR tokens directly through the platform/website, but the availability of this feature will depend on local regulations.

John_Mct

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 01:35:04 PM

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.

There are whispers of this happening much sooner than I thought initially! Stay tuned  Wink

Any news on this?

From discussions with the team today: Fantasy sports (starting with football) will be the first feature of Scorum with the prototype to be launched next month! This is great news and an ideal way to get engaged football fans into the project even before the crowdsale starts.

Full details coming soon!

Dipsomaniac

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:15:52 PM

Our goal with SCR is for it to be most useful within the platform and our economic model is designed so that the coin is deflationary as the end-user audience grows. Aside from clearly showing the metrics that will ensure this, there is no explicit way to discourage token holders from selling their tokens. We will develop the Scorum as planned and rely on the merits of the project to support SCR.

Solid answer. Appreciate your dedication to keeping up with questions here.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 07:51:32 PM

How will you distribute the investments collected during the ICO?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: