Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've compared Syscoin, Bitbay & Particl - Decentralized Markets Comparison Table  (Read 4022 times)
Eddie995

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:34:31 PM

Hello everyone, I apprecciate the effort trying to do the comparison between decentalized marketplace. I think that inevitably there are some logic flaws in that work, it's easy to do a comparison table in that way, you took features of bitbay compared to others that maybe maybe are following a different path, i can make two comparison table taking in exam ps4 and xbox one and showing different points so having different and opposite final toughts about it
It's a bit strange and unfair dont you think?

I will start talking about philosophy and the reason why of the projects, first of all, if a project is not 100% open source is not open source at all. Everybody would agree on this.
who cares about social media followers? it's so dynamic, it add nothing to the project.
Then a transaction cant be truly anon if i'm allowed to use btc or any other currency non privacy focused.
beside to do odd comparison and even not completely fair vs the others we should talk in a constructive manner trying to understand each other what kind of direction they are following.
Personally I invested in Safex, i like the vision and reasons behind it, being truly anon it's not related to deep web stuff but to improve your own security on the net. I prefer the concept of dividends more than proof of stake also.What are your thoughts? I'm skeptical about particl because of the shadow cash case.

blockchainvault

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:36:35 PM

Thank you for this comprehensive comparison!!! I was actually wondering about this myself. It seems there are many ICOs these days that have  the same basic idea, though the devil is in the details on which ones are superior.
jtwalker42

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 05:07:17 PM by jtwalker42

Thank you for this comprehensive comparison!!! I was actually wondering about this myself. It seems there are many ICOs these days that have  the same basic idea, though the devil is in the details on which ones are superior.

It depends on what you mean by superior. Why are we using decentralized anonymous markets in the first place? Privacy.  Unfortunately none of the coins on the graph offer that. If you check the graph you'll notice none of them use the ring signature method. Why is that? Can they really claim to keep our transactions private?
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:59:47 PM

Both three coins are good but bitbay is very undervalued right now they offer alot of features other than 2 coins yet they have the lowest price out of them i hope people notice this coin rather than shitcoins out there syscoin is good too but bitbay is superior.
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:31:27 PM

Hello everyone, I apprecciate the effort trying to do the comparison between decentalized marketplace. I think that inevitably there are some logic flaws in that work, it's easy to do a comparison table in that way, you took features of bitbay compared to others that maybe maybe are following a different path, i can make two comparison table taking in exam ps4 and xbox one and showing different points so having different and opposite final toughts about it

I will start talking about philosophy and the reason why of the projects, first of all, if a project is not 100% open source is not open source at all. Everybody would agree on this.
who cares about social media followers? it's so dynamic, it add nothing to the project.
Then a transaction cant be truly anon if i'm allowed to use btc or any other currency non privacy focused.
beside to do odd comparison and even not completely fair vs the others we should talk in a constructive manner trying to understand each other what kind of direction they are following.
Personally I invested in Safex, i like the vision and reasons behind it, being truly anon it's not related to deep web stuff but to improve your own security on the net. I prefer the concept of dividends more than proof of stake also.What are your thoughts? I'm skeptical about particl because of the shadow cash case.

I also love SAFEX!I think the dividends will attract a lot of long time holders. And also the devs are really active and communicating with the community every week about the progress.

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:06:09 PM

I also love SAFEX!I think the dividends will attract a lot of long time holders. And also the devs are really active and communicating with the community every week about the progress.

How can you fall in love with an idea? They only have vapourware. Probably why he guy didn't even bother comparing it.
Worst thing you can do is fall in love with a coin like people do with religions  just because you invested in it. 
Eddie995

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:14:03 PM

How can you fall in love with an idea? They only have vapourware. Probably why he guy didn't even bother comparing it.
Worst thing you can do is fall in love with a coin like people do with religions  just because you invested in it. 

You realize how stupid your statement is? following your logic every ico is vaporware, you dont know the definition of vaporware, particl is vaporware they already failed with shadowcash providing an anon coin and now are retrying to fool people with a rebrand. thank to you it isnt possible to make a discussion, you are behaving like religious people attacking someone because he said something that you dont like.
sumade

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:25:53 PM

I agree, I don't know a great deal about this space, but Safex seems like a great project/community, and is no more vapourware than many projects out there (e.g. particl) - in fact development seems to be stepping up, but perhaps some bigger investor of safex can chime in here

There's likely to be space for many marketplaces with features unique to them, so perhaps we don't need to start a war, other than to say this certainly one to watch out for
nikflossus

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:43:37 PM

Obvious shilling for Bitbay is obvious. Please OP, don't think your biased table will trick serious investors. If you had something honest to say you would have gone ahead with a balanced discussion.

For those less familiar with the crypto world, the OP wants you to invest in something he's already invested in. Instead of admitting he's advertising he pretends he's made an unbiased comparison that he then, conveniently, placed in an attractive and persuasive table with pleasing graphics.

I don't pretend to know which coin is better but I do know this thread was never meant to give you an unbiased opinion on Bitbay.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:21:21 AM

You realize how stupid your statement is? following your logic every ico is vaporware, you dont know the definition of vaporware, particl is vaporware they already failed with shadowcash providing an anon coin and now are retrying to fool people with a rebrand. thank to you it isnt possible to make a discussion, you are behaving like religious people attacking someone because he said something that you dont like.

Yes every ico is vapourware and yes particl is vapourware as is safex.  Safex isn't  part of the disscussion here. I guess he didn't include it because he didn't know about it or thought it wasn't worth mentioning because it's so far behind. .
jtwalker42

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:23:55 AM

Yes every ico is vapourware and yes particl is vapourware as is safex.  Safex isn't  part of the disscussion here. I guess he didn't include it because he didn't know about it or thought it wasn't worth mentioning because it's so far behind. .
[/quote]

It should be. It has way better features. Alpha is coming out before December 1 with the market in April. For sure not first movers, but it's not like any of the competition has reached mass adoption and the price is all relatively similar. Privacy is important and without that all the other coins are playing Ebay on the blockchain. Safex also seems to reward hodlers more. 113% dividends estimated the first 6 months if every single coin gets locked in the wallet. In terms of anonymity in the dark market it's down to Monero and Safex.   Safex is even in the liberland "vault" so it has a much better chance for mass adoption imo. The developer at Safex is a diplomat there so he has big league connections.
Lucchesi

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:58:00 AM

You forgot to mention safex! Very undervalued coin! it's worth checking it's features
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:53:59 AM

You forgot to mention safex! Very undervalued coin! it's worth checking it's features

Also there is OpenBazaar which probably should be there even though its Bitcoin. Either way Sys, OB and Safex use 3rd party escrow if I'm not mistaken.

And to the people posting above indeed Safex is no more vapor than SDC/Particl. Perhaps it should be there?! Isn't there also an Ethereum one?

A good comparison by the OP however indeed it seems to have attracted a lot of shilling for BitBay. This was posted to our slack and BCT
and people responded (I'm the dev). The thing is, I think everyone gets defensive of their investments. After all, they invest in what they believe in. This is
almost too commonplace in crypto and at times it does indeed hamper insightful convos. Just stick to facts and look at features!

I think another one of the points (taking features of BitBay and comparing across) is actually inaccurate. BitBay has a lot of working features.
So even if you took every SYS feature or SDC feature (I think SDC doesn't have too many unique features yet?!) it would have still turned
out this way. I've always argued that there is no comparison because the software has been worked on for almost 4 years. Plus we don't use 3rd party arbiters.

It is actually my personal desire to see the other coins create more features and definitely honor their promises and not be vapor. It's no mystery that
vaporware is one of the most dangerous things to investors. It is a cold hearted reality that many projects that raise X millions will VANISH into nothing
and never deliver on their promises. This has already happened too many times. It is what is hurting the altcoin industry actually. People shouldn't invest in pretty websites. Coding crypto is hard work and they should invest by the sweat on someones brow not by their fancy suit or "accolades".

With that said, I hope Safex, Particl and others deliver software as the world needs more research in these areas, more coders. Dividends on the markets
are a very interesting idea. But I would be a bit worried about SEC and other types of agencies trying to mess with them by crying security (is this a concern or not)?! A dividend model is indeed an amazing crypto model and I'm surprised more projects don't do it. Perhaps because of the risk I just mentioned.
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:32:47 PM

In contrast, I am more optimistic about sys, sys development and computing power are very high, the promotion has also done a very good, but safex is not bad, great potential.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:16:54 PM

Nice initiative to compare these coins Smiley
For BitBay it says "Tethered dynamic pegging". I'm not sure what exactly OP ment by that, but I think that might be misleading. BitBays peg is a "dynamic peg" or "rolling peg". It has nothing in common with Tether. It's construction is more like what is known as a "crawling peg" in fiat.

Also I'm not sure if features that are not released yet should be on a comparising chart like this, although Bay and Sys have proven that they are able to deliver on their promises. So maybe it's ok.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:18:41 AM

Thank you for this comprehensive comparison!!! I was actually wondering about this myself. It seems there are many ICOs these days that have  the same basic idea, though the devil is in the details on which ones are superior.

It depends on what you mean by superior. Why are we using decentralized anonymous markets in the first place? Privacy.  Unfortunately none of the coins on the graph offer that. If you check the graph you'll notice none of them use the ring signature method. Why is that? Can they really claim to keep our transactions private?

Privacy is not the only reason to use a decentralised market place especially a double deposit escrow one.

It is an essential part of end to end trustless enviroment we are all trying to build.

Just as decentralised exchange is.

The only trustless one is bitbay here. The others are not trustless. You will need to trust mods and arbiters.

HOWEVER

Sys is another very good project too that dev is certainly a top level developer and both bitbay and sys have some of the best minds here behind them.

Both are below value but to me bay is further below real value at this point since sys has a 5 x bay cap right now.

I don;t think we should be saying one is better than the other here ...all of these projects have strong teams behind them actually.  I personally would say bay and sys are ahead.

All 3 here are way better than 90% of the other projects here in that they have their own strong conceptual designers/coders of a high level.

Get some of all of them if you wish i dont think the thread should be causing any issue between these teams.

I have a chunk of each of them I can disclose i have more bay that sys and more sys that particl

Simply because at their current values that is what i personally believe is the smart move. If not I would change that around. You can study their designs and make up your own minds of course as is always best.

If you cant decide pick up a little of each i guess or just move on an look at other interesting projects with proven developers and functioning software with real use cases.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:13:00 PM

Guys I just found out syscoin isn't 100% open source

Open source with closed source markets

For now. Anyone can make their ui using our api however. We need that bargaining chip for now.
Ganeshik

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:57:53 PM

like BitBay. He has a future.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:50:01 PM

Those three altcoin that you tabled for comparison have been through many changes. I like it when altcoin stand the test of time and are still standing. I bought lots or sys coin and i have made some money on them. I am looking forward to see what next in it's development!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:21:23 PM

Those three altcoin that you tabled for comparison have been through many changes. I like it when altcoin stand the test of time and are still standing. I bought lots or sys coin and i have made some money on them. I am looking forward to see what next in it's development!

Exactly long term durable and proven developers and communities are the ones that will be left standing once the ico time bomb implodes.

There will be a rush to real projects in a few months.

Be patient and reap the rewards of not chasing every new dreams and talk fantasy that exists due only to the fact there is such FOMO in this arena.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: