Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've compared Syscoin, Bitbay & Particl - Decentralized Markets Comparison Table  (Read 4021 times)
Eddie995

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:05:36 PM

I repeat, also if we invested our money in different projects we should be able to talk without grudge, being objective and constructive would be the best thing to do, evey dec market has its own philosophy, and it's built or being developed around that. The fact is that the sec has not precise guidlines, cryptos are different, so  we dont know how it will end.  "Whether or not a particular transaction involves the offer and sale of a security— regardless of the terminology used—will depend on the facts and circumstances, including the economic realities of the transaction"
Vaporware guys is a very strict definition, it means a project that gets delayed one two three times years over years. and does not mean necessarily bad because good things released where considered as vp in the past.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:06:43 AM

I repeat, also if we invested our money in different projects we should be able to talk without grudge, being objective and constructive would be the best thing to do, evey dec market has its own philosophy, and it's built or being developed around that. The fact is that the sec has not precise guidlines, cryptos are different, so  we dont know how it will end.  "Whether or not a particular transaction involves the offer and sale of a security— regardless of the terminology used—will depend on the facts and circumstances, including the economic realities of the transaction"
Vaporware guys is a very strict definition, it means a project that gets delayed one two three times years over years. and does not mean necessarily bad because good things released where considered as vp in the past.

I agree but that should be factored into the value very heavily around here.

So many projects turn out to be vapour that those that are proven non vapour should command a huge premium.

Its kind of like betting on a race and one horse is about to cross the line whilst others are talking about how fast they are in the stalls.

Still sure thing I think any project can be discussed and analysed.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:13:45 PM

Its kind of like betting on a race and one horse is about to cross the line whilst others are talking about how fast they are in the stalls.

Grin Good analogy  Smiley
whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:30:30 PM

Can anyone tell me when Bitbays peg will be. Is it still this winter? From what I understand it Gona make Bay a huge player
aletha

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:06:06 PM

what?have  you taken note if the comparison chart at all abd seen all the features developed between the two  projects? also have you seen that both  bay and sys were started in 2014? how can you say it took  a long time to launch? long time to market  maybe but not launch? my money is defo on bay. more features developed and right bow massively underpriced so a little money goes a long way and will give great returns in the future.  Plus i used the marketplace to buy some socks just to test it and it worked
Munti

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:03:26 PM

Can anyone tell me when Bitbays peg will be. Is it still this winter? From what I understand it Gona make Bay a huge player

According to roadmap it will be Q2 2018
https://bitbay.market/roadmap/
Negcreep

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:46:48 PM

http://peg.syscoin.org/

Syscoin also has price pegging ready to go.
Munti

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:55:14 PM

What sys calls pegging is what the rest of the world calls price tracking. And the graphic shows that sys has it.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:56:26 PM

Cheesy

You mean the 'price tracker' they have named as a peg to try and defuse Bitbays real Peg.

Syscoins is a price tracker which Bitbay have had 16 months . .
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:21:27 AM

Cheesy

You mean the 'price tracker' they have named as a peg to try and defuse Bitbays real Peg.

Yup ive completely removed any dependence of any tracking or rates information from the core and made it a UI problem like it should have been. Bays price peg is really innovative but in my mind ruins fungibility which core component of a currency. My idea is to simulate the bond market used in todays monetary policy toolbox to create the incentives for stability. The longer term bonds will pay out more but at any time you can still move your coins they are not locked so you retain fungibility of coins whilst still enjoying roi on balances at the same time as providing the security of the service layer that masternodes give above the pow chain. Truthcoin paul made a nice paper why pow is cheaper than anything else but came to a realization that a pow chain acting as an adjucator to a bonded validation(pos) system providing service is probably the best form of blockchain we can evolve to today. Spectre is also an interesting approach I am persuing which is dag but has many other problems. By providing roi and using a quorum of validators to validate services we can do some cool fucking things that were never possible before in a scalable way.

Anyways zero knowledge auth is something sys has that was overlooked here.. its not something that any other coin has its a design decision and development around that design to create a user centric service layer where you can imagine you will login trustlessly to a web portal without even needing ssl and auth transactions and have visibility of ownership of services of those identities logged in. The work in the microsoft DIF partnership is being leveraged into our distinct user identity solution which will provide zero knowledge attestations of user characteristics aswell as following the DID spec to standardize how onchain identity should look like. Anyways I guess the world will just have to see. I have this vision and im acting it out for a few years.. its been a long haul just like davids work but im fairly close now to having all the pieces fit together like a puzzle.

My next big puzzle is how our next gen (version 2 of our bonded validator with blockchain based bonds as monetary policy using the pow chain as an adjucator) will affect all of our services today. Id like to move them over to our pos services layer if possible but they are very specific and efficient smart contracts that are coded into. For any investor reading. It is a good choice either way bay or sys both have great development teams and much better than these latest ICO scams.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:09:05 AM

Cheesy

Yup ive completely removed any dependence of any tracking or rates information from the core and made it a UI problem like it should have been. Bays price peg is really innovative but in my mind ruins fungibility which core component of a currency. My idea is to simulate the bond market used in todays monetary policy toolbox to create the incentives for stability. The longer term bonds will pay out more but at any time you can still move your coins they are not locked so you retain fungibility of coins whilst still enjoying roi on balances at the same time as providing the security of the service layer that masternodes give above the pow chain. Truthcoin paul made a nice paper why pow is cheaper than anything else but came to a realization that a pow chain acting as an adjucator to a bonded validation(pos) system providing service is probably the best form of blockchain we can evolve to today. Spectre is also an interesting approach I am persuing which is dag but has many other problems. By providing roi and using a quorum of validators to validate services we can do some cool fucking things that were never possible before in a scalable way.

Anyways zero knowledge auth is something sys has that was overlooked here.. its not something that any other coin has its a design decision and development around that design to create a user centric service layer where you can imagine you will login trustlessly to a web portal without even needing ssl and auth transactions and have visibility of ownership of services of those identities logged in. The work in the microsoft DIF partnership is being leveraged into our distinct user identity solution which will provide zero knowledge attestations of user characteristics aswell as following the DID spec to standardize how onchain identity should look like. Anyways I guess the world will just have to see. I have this vision and im acting it out for a few years.. its been a long haul just like davids work but im fairly close now to having all the pieces fit together like a puzzle.

My next big puzzle is how our next gen (version 2 of our bonded validator with blockchain based bonds as monetary policy using the pow chain as an adjucator) will affect all of our services today. Id like to move them over to our pos services layer if possible but they are very specific and efficient smart contracts that are coded into. For any investor reading. It is a good choice either way bay or sys both have great development teams and much better than these latest ICO scams.

Well said and a nice honest attitude to have. I do like idea of incentivising accumulation and loyalty this should work well.

Bay or sys

Sys or bay

Bay and sys.

There will be no losing selection here, both of these are far and away more useful and more highly developed (most icos have no real development at all only dreams and talk marketing hype to suck in fomo noobs)

There is room for both and 2 quite different and interesting approaches. Also good to know both devs get on rather well and have a good opinion of each other.

Both are stupidly below value if CMC values are anything like real (which they are not anyway). But still the only thing they both lack is awareness.

Strange that both of these are not top 10 projects already.

I am accumulating bay and sys still at a rate of  4 bays to every 1 sys since it is my belief both are worthy of the 1BN + status already.

I think there will be an implosion of the ICO hyped shits soon and everyone will rush to btc or proven alts with REAL development teams who have ALREADY produced work that functions and has a serious number of use cases.

There are not that many of those so if you can locate them first you SHOULD do very nicely. Nobody can see the future.

david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:16:10 AM

Excellent work !
Munti

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:50:40 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 01:03:24 PM by Munti

My idea is to simulate the bond market used in todays monetary policy toolbox to create the incentives for stability. The longer term bonds will pay out more but at any time you can still move your coins they are not locked so you retain fungibility of coins whilst still enjoying roi on balances at the same time as providing the security of the service layer that masternodes give above the pow chain. Truthcoin paul made a nice paper why pow is cheaper than anything else but came to a realization that a pow chain acting as an adjucator to a bonded validation(pos) system providing service is probably the best form of blockchain we can evolve to today. Spectre is also an interesting approach I am persuing which is dag but has many other problems. By providing roi and using a quorum of validators to validate services we can do some cool fucking things that were never possible before in a scalable way.

That sounds really interesting. Do you have any links so I can take a closer look at that?

For any investor reading. It is a good choice either way bay or sys both have great development teams and much better than these latest ICO scams.

Agree. When the ICO crazyness implodes, it's gonna hurt the whole alt sector. And the ones likely to be left standing are coins that have actually developed tech. Both Sys and Bay are amongst the most developed coins.

Edit: Sid, we are a little busy atm, but when we get closer to christmas we might be able to squeeze in tasks of lower priority. How about putting some of your guys and some of ours in a room to make an honest comparison that aims to explain similarities and differences instead of marketing one coin over the other? Seems to me many are invested in both coins. They might appriciate it.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:13:25 PM

My idea is to simulate the bond market used in todays monetary policy toolbox to create the incentives for stability. The longer term bonds will pay out more but at any time you can still move your coins they are not locked so you retain fungibility of coins whilst still enjoying roi on balances at the same time as providing the security of the service layer that masternodes give above the pow chain. Truthcoin paul made a nice paper why pow is cheaper than anything else but came to a realization that a pow chain acting as an adjucator to a bonded validation(pos) system providing service is probably the best form of blockchain we can evolve to today. Spectre is also an interesting approach I am persuing which is dag but has many other problems. By providing roi and using a quorum of validators to validate services we can do some cool fucking things that were never possible before in a scalable way.

That sounds really interesting. Do you have any links so I can take a closer look at that?

For any investor reading. It is a good choice either way bay or sys both have great development teams and much better than these latest ICO scams.

Agree. When the ICO crazyness implodes, it's gonna hurt the whole alt sector. And the ones likely to be left standing are coins that have actually developed tech. Both Sys and Bay are amongst the most developed coins.

Edit: Sid, we are a little busy atm, but when we get closer to christmas we might be able to squeeze in tasks of lower priority. How about putting some of your guys and some of ours in a room to make an honest comparison that aims to explain similarities and differences instead of marketing one coin over the other? Seems to me many are invested in both coins. They might appriciate it.

Yea the only link right now I can provide is the update on fraud proofs which make it all possible similar to vitaliks idea in his recent paper with poon but we both came to realization of fraud proofs independently so they are probably.a bit different.

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/core-research-and-development-update-503e450b380c

The other idea of yours is good. Xmas is good because we may be ready with a beta for web interface. Itd be good if you guys have somr web version ready too for a better approach to compare. I honestly think they are so vastly different and fundamentally targetting different target markets that a comparison would probably only make sense in the marketplace context. So perhaps doing a marketplace comparison would.be interesting because they are different technologies to serve the same purpose
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:51:20 PM

Good to see Bitbay and Sys will be on Blocknet decentralised exchange! I think that will see huge volume for both.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:40:30 AM

Good to see Bitbay and Sys will be on Blocknet decentralised exchange! I think that will see huge volume for both.

The decentralised trustless crypto puzzle is piecing together quite nicely now.

cau

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:57:46 AM

The other idea of yours is good. Xmas is good because we may be ready with a beta for web interface. Itd be good if you guys have somr web version ready too for a better approach to compare. I honestly think they are so vastly different and fundamentally targetting different target markets that a comparison would probably only make sense in the marketplace context. So perhaps doing a marketplace comparison would.be interesting because they are different technologies to serve the same purpose

Hey Sid - its really nice to see the way Sys and Bay are working hand in hand for the mutual success.

Just a random thought, as you keep repeating that both the project's targeted audience are different and you both are not direct competitors, have you guys ever thought going for one single marketplace instead of two separate place. In this way you guys can do a better marketing and assuming you have giants like Amazon, E-Bay, Alibaba I feel a combined effort by both of team will have better benefit for both the community.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:12:31 PM

Hey Sid - its really nice to see the way Sys and Bay are working hand in hand for the mutual success.

Just a random thought, as you keep repeating that both the project's targeted audience are different and you both are not direct competitors, have you guys ever thought going for one single marketplace instead of two separate place. In this way you guys can do a better marketing and assuming you have giants like Amazon, E-Bay, Alibaba I feel a combined effort by both of team will have better benefit for both the community.

The issue is both market places function so differently that to merge one would have to be destroyed. Not sure it will be possible.

Collaboration between the two could be possible when price reaches parity.

I like the design of bitbays market and how novel it is compared to other projects.
I like sys new incentive system to accumulate and hold..

there are pros for both projects

HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:55:37 AM

OP thank you for making this image!  Grin Awesome work, will become very useful when explaining the differences between the BAY platform and the various other decentralized marketplaces in the future.

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:54:47 AM

OP thank you for making this image!  Grin Awesome work, will become very useful when explaining the differences between the BAY platform and the various other decentralized marketplaces in the future.
It is especially not useful in that. Please do not do that for it is misinformation. We will coordinate a proper one talking to munti and david near xmas.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: