Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Contraband Community Manager of Electroneum is censoring all negative posts  (Read 844 times)
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:38:51 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 02:24:39 AM by cryptkeeper1979

Contraband the community manager for Electoneum has been deleting all posts that question or bring up issues with Electroneum and the launch. As an ICO investor I have every right to ask questions, especially when my funds are locked up while miners are making a profit and we are sitting on the sidelines. Here are some of the posts he deleted.

Contraband: I wont delete your response to hide the post you responded to because I deleted, as my intention is not to "hide" posts.

Contraband: The post is just so ridiculous. I didnt want to go through one at a time and respond to the barrage of questions that were just pure FUD in my opinion. The devs are not scammers. So for transparency I leave it here so you can read it if you really want to, but believe me, dont waste your time and just move along.

My Response:

Is it though? First of all I mentioned I was speculating, and given the fact 10,000+ miners haven't received a single ETN token from the official mining pools in over 48 hours is bloody odd and should be addressed ASAP.

Also given the fact people spent money on this ICO and are stuck unable to withdraw their funds is unacceptable, as miners who don't have any ties to this project are mining it and making the most profit. Whether or not the dev team has been dealing with a hack, or more likely scenario, they don't have the ETN to send to the ICO holders yet, or even worse they lost their pre-mine somehow, might sound crazy but I have every right to speak my mind and speculate especially after such a shady and unprofessional launch.

What's ridiculous is you censoring this thread, my post and others who are just airing their thoughts and ideas. I'm not trying to spread fud, but it's hard NOT to speculate when a 40million ICO disappears from the world then pretends to be in talks with "Amazon" which is bullshit and add to the madness has mining pools that are stuck and not working. Goodluck being their PR rep Contraband.

Another Poster Boba02 dealing with deleted posts when just asking questions...

Contraband,

The following pools are sitting on Electroneum domain, you announced them, so why now you are trying to distance yourself from what your team had created?

eupool.electroneum.com
uspool.electroneum.com
asiapool.electroneum.com

My approximate calculations suggest that there are at least 5-10 BTC in ETN coins haven't been accounted for and that's ~ 36,000-72,000 USD in today's money.

If Electroneum development team is not going to release those payouts, I guess the community would be curious to know how those money will be spent.

Thank you.

Okay, seems like my posts are being deleted, so I have to repost.
The whole project lacked transparency since day 1 (no details on "hack", no real ETA on ICO coins release and now they don't want to be responsible for the money that haven't been paid by their own pools.

Just a reminder, here is an announce of the pools that hold at least 5-10 worth of BTC in payouts.
Contraband suggests to contact pools' support, but that's apparently Electroneum team.

Quote from: boba02 on Today at 05:29:02 PM
Contraband, would you like to explain why you are deleting my posts?
Am I giving misinformation?
And if not, are you afraid that people may read my point of view?

Contraband: I sent you a PM explaining that you had, maybe by accident, quoted someone that posted a "quote" of mine that wasnt true.

EDIT: Contraband has threatened me multiple times via PM and has now "added me" to the Scammers list! LOL. I personally have over 2K invested in Electroneum, this is bloody absurd.

EDIT 2: I will continue to add deleted posts by either myself or other members until we get some answers.

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.280

BTC: 1PP5r4YnGNXo4TFpCX4TKgSjrh9qRmWocn
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:51:56 PM

Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:44:15 PM
Remember everyone, if you see anyone on the scammer/spammer list make a post here, click report to moderator everytime you see them post, so that they get banned or at least suspended from BCT, as they have been asked not to post here.

Right now Cryptkeeper1979 is the biggest issue

Thank you

Well it officially looks like im dealing with a 14 year old community manager here that has nothing better to do then call me a "scammer" and delete my posts. Next time you drop 2K into a project, let me know how it feels to be censored, deleted, called a scammer and harassed. Buying into ETN was a bloody mistake.

csmflynt3

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:13:58 PM

Remember everyone, if you see anyone on the scammer/spammer list make a post here, click report to moderator everytime you see them post, so that they get banned or at least suspended from BCT, as they have been asked not to post here.

Thank you

Well it officially looks like im dealing with a 14 year old community manager here that has nothing better to do then call me a "scammer" and delete my posts. Next time you drop 2K into a project, let me know how it feels to be censored, deleted, called a scammer and harassed. Buying into ETN was a bloody mistake.

So pretty much there are 2 things in play here. Either they really did get hacked and are not competent enough to be launching anything with crypto or they are lying about it and are actually just withholding these ico funds on purpose. If we ask questions about this are posts are deleted... What a comedy act this is

BTC:1PRRFbgyBCDwg11HQvUnc2jV6QyYQdymrc
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:17:51 PM

Thank you

So pretty much there are 2 things in play here. Either they really did get hacked and are not competent enough to be launching anything with crypto or they are lying about it and are actually just withholding these ico funds on purpose. If we ask questions about this are posts are deleted... What a comedy act this is

I literally spent 2K to get punched in the pussy by a 6th grader ie. Contraband. TLDR: I was dumb enough to invest 2K into ETN. He continues to delete all my posts and anyone else who is asking questions. Everytime he deletes it, I will post it here, where he can't censor it.

Latest deleted Post:

Quote from: boba02 on Today at 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:49:15 PM
Quote from: BranNutz on Today at 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:41:21 PM
Quote from: BranNutz on Today at 05:38:02 PM

I feel like you are really on top of things Contraband, but you are dodging this question every time.

Why won't the devs comment about the pools they setup and collected 4% on that stopped paying out after 12 hours but continued to accept shares for days?

This is a major issue and a lot of coins should still be distributed to the miners that earned them. Not one word about it is very unprofessional even if they don't want to continue running the pools is no excuse for not paying out or addressing problems.

Please at least address this and don't say contact support. Are you not the support for the community?

I was among those miners too. And tried to draw your attention for 3 days up to the point when you started deleting my posts.
It's not cool from PR standpoint.

Boba I mined ETN on 4 different rigs, all 1070s and 1080s and I haven't had a single payout, I tried US and EU both have literally been stuck for days.

TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

as an investor you can do that and that was just a question but they handled it terribly.
how about open up a new thread in a scam accusation ?
you're investing your money in their project but what did you get from them ? nothing right ?
and they called you 'scammer',
i ever encountered something like this before,and they hide it in order to prevent the panic.
and of course to get something from 'it'

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:30:01 PM

as an investor you can do that and that was just a question but they handled it terribly.
how about open up a new thread in a scam accusation ?
you're investing your money in their project but what did you get from them ? nothing right ?
and they called you 'scammer',
i ever encountered something like this before,and they hide it in order to prevent the panic.
and of course to get something from 'it'

Where can I open up a thread about scam accusations because I will do it right this second.

Personally invested over 2K into this project and all I have got in return is a "community manager" deleting my posts and then calling ME a scammer, which is just mind blowing. For an ICO that made 40mil, maybe put a few quid into PR and someone who isn't straight out of highschool. I feel totally ripped off, not to mention I had 4 mining rigs on ETN and both the US and EU pools haven't paid ANYBODY out yet.

All I wanted was to ask questions, and all I've gotten in return is harassment and threats, all thanks to Electroneum's fine PR/Community Manager Contraband.

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:56:38 PM

Another thread on Contraband and his bullshit.

Electroneum coin and ICO - issues during launch (unofficial thread):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357920.0

Foxcor

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:00:44 PM

Normally, the project started on November 1, and the mining began on October 30)))
Is not it SCAM?

https://eupool.electroneum.com/#payments
30.10.2017, 15:16:15 d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee 7689.00 0.01 0 1
https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/tx/d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee

See how he refused the question)))
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.msg24023220#msg24023220
I think this project is HYPE !!!
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:02:28 PM

From boba02:

Guys, here is more.

Project's spokesman, Contraband, started deleting his original posts where he announced mining pools that didn't pay to the miners.

Here is his original post 3023:

And the reason he deletes my posts in his thread is because, according to him, I'm posting images of the posts that he hasn't posted.

Maitre

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:59:00 PM

Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.
csmflynt3

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:09:39 PM

Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.

Yes the silence is not a good sign I expect they are all busy packing their bags full of money and getting on the next flight to Belize or something

BTC:1PRRFbgyBCDwg11HQvUnc2jV6QyYQdymrc
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Sadly I put in just over 2K so very much invested in this. Nothing sucks more then being censored based on asking real questions, and then getting blamed for being disruptive and being a scammer. The last thing I wanted to do was make a thread like this, but since I had 4 mining rigs on EU/US Pools and about 4-5k ETN locked in the official pools, not to mention 2K invested in the ICO, I do have questions and concerns, and sadly they are being met with a child of a "community manager" named Contraband who continues to delete my posts and then harasses me and says I'm banned from the thread. Something is fishy and it's making me sick to my stomach.

Evlve

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:49:01 PM

From a purely business standpoint censoring someone in the official thread that is on a rampage isnt bad from a damage control perspective; it doesn't take much for people to scurry away from something. Reference the crypto marketplace since it began haha. Being transparent helps but sometimes people are so fear driven that they are looking for any inkling that something is amiss and start rationalizing why they might be right.

Good on you for pointing this out and keeping them honest, but honestly if it is a scam then you're really SOL on that money although with the govt getting more and more involved I would say legally it's not that viable to pull anything like what happened in the early days. Either way this industry will be high risk/high reward until it really breaks out into the general populace and the corporate behemoths figure out a way to work it into their favor.

I can't think of any coin that hasn't been called a scam at one point.
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:21:19 PM

From a purely business standpoint censoring someone in the official thread that is on a rampage isnt bad from a damage control perspective; it doesn't take much for people to scurry away from something. Reference the crypto marketplace since it began haha. Being transparent helps but sometimes people are so fear driven that they are looking for any inkling that something is amiss and start rationalizing why they might be right.

Good on you for pointing this out and keeping them honest, but honestly if it is a scam then you're really SOL on that money although with the govt getting more and more involved I would say legally it's not that viable to pull anything like what happened in the early days. Either way this industry will be high risk/high reward until it really breaks out into the general populace and the corporate behemoths figure out a way to work it into their favor.

I can't think of any coin that hasn't been called a scam at one point.

Great points. I'm not claiming ETN is a scam at all, but asking questions about our funds, frozen mining pool payouts etc shouldn't be censored, and sadly it has been. I get it though, they want a clean and perfect thread without any people speaking their minds about actual problems, but there's better ways of dealing with it rather then shitting on the people who actually put money, time, and mining power towards the project.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

Man, i feel bad for you. This sure is awful. Everyone should have the right to express their selves. Specially when they are having valid points or questions. Even more when they are contributors or investors in the project. If they really are not doing anything wrong, then they shouldn't be afraid and delete all of the posts that are against them. Instead, they should answer to these questions and prove their legit and honest to their investors. But, what would i know, i ain't someone who experienced such.
Anyways, that's just my opinion.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:25:39 PM

what do you expect it's an ICO right? 90% are obvious schemes of self enrichment for the devs and insiders.

What's a bit of censorship to add to the mix. They are already taking your btc might as well tell you to sftu too.

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:35:14 PM

I'm "officially banned" from the thread for speaking out. He's claiming he spoke with mprep, I have the highest respect for mprep, so if that's actually true, I'll stop posting there... I raise a few questions and IM THE BAD GUY!!? Fuckin hell, grabbin a pint BBL.

Contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.360
Kryptkeeper1979 I am warning you publicly that you are not to post in this self moderated thread again.

The mod mprep told me to write this and if you post again you will be banned

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:02:35 PM

Contraband the apparent "Community Manager" of Electoneum is asking others to report me for speaking out, and apparently out of all the issues Electroneum is having, I'm the biggest issue. Wow, just wow.

Thank you

My Response:

This was another deleted post from the thread.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:56:25 PM

contraband??? is a known shill and scammer for iota.

anyone joining anything that he is involved with will obviously get fleeced if they are not in on the scam with him

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:48:26 AM

contraband??? is a known shill and scammer for iota.

anyone joining anything that he is involved with will obviously get fleeced if they are not in on the scam with him

Well that doesn't surprise me. He's deleted every post I've made in the official thread now because I am fighting back, and he's calling me a scammer for no reason.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: