Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USELESS HEATER : ANTMINER D3 , WHAT IS NEXT ?  (Read 12002 times)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:31:53 PM

Bitmain used their references, history or good feedbacks to sell D3 . And if a miner is already useless before delivery  this is clearly fraud. Because they are not innosilicon or whatever else, and i am not only one who bought d3 , old bitmain clients also bought d3 .Because company created trust , then used this for fraud.

Ok what is next , so many people lost money due to this company's latest action , is there any one have an any idea what to do?

People made a financial investment in a product that COULD make a roi. Bitmain over delivered on the specs and even shipped early on some orders. They never promised any definitive profit. They gave a great price compared to some companies  ( although  the first and second batch was too much but at least they came to their senses on the third and after). They cant choose how you sell your dash. They cant choose to only sell to sophisticated investors.Yes they made too many miners with too many batches but this is what businesses do they make money. Their website issues also fueled the demand making the d3 buying frenzy worse. I bet if all these disgruntled customers  hypothetically owned stock in bitmain or amd or nvidia then they wouldn't be complaining as much. People were warned on these forums about how these machines won't be worth it with the expecting difficulty  increases and yet they were laughed at and accused of downramping to acquire more of the miners for themselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:50:55 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 11:04:43 PM by lunobird

The antminer D3 Sold out in seconds.  I still can't buy a D3 and I've been looking at bitmain website everyday. How can you say bitmain flooded the market with D3 they clearly didn't.  They been sold out for quite awhile

I'll still buy one just for fun and maybe mine some other x11 coins like helium.

Bitmain has no control over the Dash or it's prices.  But they can deliver the best x11 miner and they did just that.

If anyone is to blame it's yourself and the Dash fan boys for getting way over hyped up about Dash,, or go blame Dash for not keeping up with fast pace development to meet your price/profit expectations.  I'm quite surprised that those  wasting money by buying D3 miners had the chance to buy it below $40 per dash and now they decided they want to mine it for fractions of a coin. You know who you are,

Next time, grow some balls and buy some coins and do some trading.  Stop crying like a little girl in your mining cave that you can't generate satisfactory profits.  Learn to take a loss here and there and stop doing what everyone else is doing.

mcan (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:58:40 PM

So every body accept they sold miners which are useless and can not make any profit.
So everybody should remember ,at least, BITMAIN is a company that fools its own clients sometimes . Dont trust this company because they can sell you some ultra expensive heaters, if you are not lucky.. And there is no sense comparing this company with amd or nvidia, mostly they sold general purpose gpu which means you can play at least game or etc.. but asic miner is MINER , and MINER means makes profit. So no body will run any miner if there is loss. This is so clear but some how some BiTMAIN partners trying to protect their company...
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:06:45 PM

So every body accept they sold miners which are useless and can not make any profit.
So everybody should remember ,at least, BITMAIN is a company that fools its own clients sometimes . Dont trust this company because they can sell you some ultra expensive heaters, if you are not lucky.. And there is no sense comparing this company with amd or nvidia, mostly they sold general purpose gpu which means you can play at least game or etc.. but asic miner is MINER , and MINER means makes profit. So no body will run any miner if there is loss. This is so clear but some how some BiTMAIN partners trying to protect their company...

Bitmain has no  control over network difficulty or the price of a coin.  You think they know the future and it's price action.  NOBODY DOES!, Stop crying and blaming others.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

There won't  be a new x11 miner for a long time. Even if a manufacturer  makes something twice as efficient  and twice  as fast it won't matter cause they know the network is stuffed and consumers have no confidence anymore in the algo. X11 Multipools that payout in anything but dash are also to blame but we should count our blessings as all these payouts in btc have helped the btc price get to where it is today. Free heating is still free, just get used to wearing ear muffs.

X11 has been nuked for now. I really wonder if that is what bitmain's plan was or if they overshot their goal.
They must have somehow known what they drop on that tiny market-cap of X11 with these sizeable batches.
Having these machines turn from Highly Profitable to Hated Heater in about 3 Months is quite quick.

But hey maybe some nutjob does a bitcoin-save-the D3-owners-X11-fork and everyone is saved  Tongue
K1lodin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:11:34 PM

Bitmain has no  control over network difficulty or the price of a coin.  You think they know the future and it's price action.  NOBODY DOES!, Stop crying and blaming others.

Completely agree, you are not the only one stuck with D3s. The difference now is how you deal with it.

Worst case you can sell it on eBay, someone will buy it.

Then take money to buy some BTC to wait for Segwit2x.
mcan (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:11:58 PM

The antminer D3 Sold out in seconds.  I still can't buy a D3 and I've been looking at bitmain website everyday. How can you say bitmain flooded the market with D3 they clearly didn't.  They been sold out for quite awhile

I'll still buy one just for fun and maybe mine some other x11 coins like helium.

Bitmain has no control over the Dash or it's prices.  But they can deliver the best x11 miner and they did just that.

If anyone is to blame it's yourself and the Dash fan boys for getting way over hyped up about Dash,, or go blame Dash for not keeping up with fast pace development to meet your price/profit expectations.  I'm quite surprised that those  wasting money by buying D3 miners had the chance to buy it below $40 per dash and now they decided they want to mine it for fractions of a coin. You know who you are,

Next time, grow some balls and buy some coins and do some trading.  Stop crying like a little girl in your mining cave that you can't generate satisfactory profits.  Learn to take a loss here and there and stop doing what everyone else is doing.

I can sell to you D3 or i think there is many can sell brandnew d3 units to you in this forum , do you want ? of course no right ? May be BITMAIN produces some ASIC trolls also ha ?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:15:13 PM

You thought you were buying  some kind of golden goose that lays golden eggs? LOL. At least you found out there are risks in mining, ESPECIALLY in ASIC's, which are a one trick pony. The miner does everything it was promised to do and then some, so the fact you can't make ROI in 30 days or as soon as you would like is not Bitmain's fault. Even at zero current profit you can still mine Dash at less cost than could you buy it, so be thankful for that and hope it goes up long term or go find some other X11 shit coin to rape.
mcan (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:23:05 PM

You thought you were buying  some kind of golden goose that lays golden eggs? LOL. At least you found out there is risks in mining, ESPECIALLY in ASIC's, which are a one trick pony. The miner does everything it was promised to do and then some, so that fact you can't make ROI in 30 days or as soon as you would like is not Bitmain's fault. Even at zero current profit you can still mine Dash at less cost than could you buy it, so be thankful for that and hope it goes up long term or go find some other X11 shit coin to rape.

again and again this is exactly BITMAIN's fault because they fake us. They did not sell such units first time or there were nosuch example that bitmain sold useless miner.So this time they used all their previous credibility to sell thousands of d3 units. this is clearly fraud.
Vann

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

And again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26VMhVLuHc
mcan (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:48:13 PM

shaninium

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:50:00 PM

I made a few points about what bitmain did wrong. Im not protecting bitmain im just stating some facts that the buyer should had been more aware of if they did their own research and how the way they mined
Is partly responsible for the tiny profits today. A lot of the blame was in the demand, and bitmain fulfilled that demand, eventually but too much and we are mainly to blame for that because a lot of people didn't do enough research. Around 1500 is not as bad a deal if that's what you paid, better then 2700. If you bought any batches for late November and onwards  you should have done more research. Innosilicon was far worse, 10k and delayed shipping they are truly screwed. Not every investment is guaranteed  to make a profit. There most likely won't be another x11 miner for a long time so everyone who is stuck with these things have plenty of time to earn, to hold their coins, sell their coins in the far future when it doubles or triples , or sell their miners to others with cheaper electricity ( even if its at a small loss ) or you can get cheaper electricity yaself.
Mining is an investment but it's less risky then some. I'd rather own a d3 now then enron stock in '01 . X11 profits sucks now but in the future anything can happen that increases those profits. You just have to be patient.

charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

In my opinion, Bitmain should give to all D3 customers (from batch October) 300USD discount coupon as compensation extremely bad yield.
shaninium

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:29:59 AM

In my opinion, Bitmain should give to all D3 customers (from batch October) 300USD discount coupon as compensation extremely bad yield.

Hell yeah or 1st batch order guarantee with priority shipping on their next major miner.

iz25

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:15 AM

So, theoretically , what would happen to Dash in this example, but it could happen with any other coin, if mining becomes unprofitable?
Is it the end of the coin? Would people still mine it? If not how would the network process the transactions?
rubine2323

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:29:12 AM

Hell yeah or 1st batch order guarantee with priority shipping on their next major miner.

And you will by from them with your coupon another miner? xD
COINKING84

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:39:10 AM

Other x11 coins will come.  SCD should be ready around first of year. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2002854.new#new
Vann

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:40:55 AM

So, theoretically , what would happen to Dash in this example, but it could happen with any other coin, if mining becomes unprofitable?
Is it the end of the coin? Would people still mine it? If not how would the network process the transactions?

As the network hash rate drops the diffculty adjusts and makes it easier to mine. AFAIK, Dash was also the first coin that adjusts the block reward lower as the difficulty increases. That creates a mining reward incentive if the difficulty drops too much and keeps large farms from centralizing the hash power and gaming the difficulty like happens with SHA256 coins.
truenortheast

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:41:59 AM

It was the time of Avalon vs Bitmain i think. Now Avalon is a nice memory of the past.

They are?  I mean, the company's not called Avalon any more, but I'm enjoying my 741s and I'm looking forward to the 761 which is apparently right around the corner.  If ebang can clean up their production quality a bit, and get power management to a more reasonable level, they'll be a threat, too.
shaninium

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:01:56 AM

And you will by from them with your coupon another miner? xD

Yep but it won't be a x11 miner lol

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: