Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All of my friends have finally dumped all of their alts  (Read 1246 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:47:50 PM

I have been telling my (online, because I don't know anyone in real life that even knows what bitcoin is) friends to get rid of their altcoins, because sooner or later there would be a massive bull run to bitcoin that would last months. They never believed in what I had to say. "Bitcoin maximalist" they would accuse me off.

Recently, they finally dumped their alts, which they were holding in hopes of a pump to make more bitcoin with, and simply held BTC. They have dodged the massive alt crash that has brought up BTC back above %50 of the crypto marketcap dominance.

Im not saying all altcoins are shit, but most are. It seems finally reality is kicking in amongst noobs that thought they could get easily rich with altcoins, and they are finally going back to BTC.
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:49:49 PM

I think did this the worse time , actually now is time that people should invest to promising ICOs and other Alt coins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:12:02 PM

It's the worst decision any one can make. '' Holding altcoins when they were falling and sell them when they are ready for a big pump ''
We are approaching the fork and after that demand for altcoins will rise again.
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:22:14 PM

indeed many people thought that way and to be honest me too.
but i think it's a bad idea to get rid their altcoin while it's all underwater,
which mean they're hoping to overcome their losses by holding Bitcoin and gain the profit from the run.
we may be can see another run for a few days later on,but what will happen with it after the segwit2x ?
i heard it's a bad idea and if it's locked in i believe there will be another massive dump that will happen with it.
and with that altcoin will slowly recover or at least a sign will come up from them

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:27:20 PM

I think did this the worse time , actually now is time that people should invest to promising ICOs and other Alt coins.

Really ? ICOs are scam and may turn only short time profit if you get the coins first and be first to dump them as soon as they go on exchange. As for other AltCoins, please let me know what coin can even be compared to Bitcoin ? Jump of over 800% on yearly basis. I understand that it can happen with altcoins too, but their starting price is 0.0001$ and no one is really using the technology behind the coin, just users investing because they are looking for profits.
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:29:06 PM

I don't think they will be very happy when Alts spark off again. They'll be trying to get on the moving train then wondering why they listened to you.

sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:29:18 PM

So you made your friends dump all alts when they are all in the deep red? I'm not quite sure your friends will thank you when this bullish run will be over LOL. Unless, of course, your friends wanted to convert all their crypto into fiat soon.

TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:47:02 PM

Maybe it was a good idea to dump alts for Bitcoin a month or two ago, but now when almost all alts are deep in red numbers I would rather HODL. It's usually not a very good idea to sell something that's low to buy something that's high right now. The cards can change any time and maybe we'll be surprised. My bet is that the money from Bitcoin will start flowing back to alts sooner or later (I'm not saying that Bitcoin will go down though).

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:49:05 PM

All of my friends have finally dumped all of their alts

I have been telling my (online, because I don't know anyone in real life that even knows what bitcoin is) friends to get rid of their altcoins, because sooner or later there would be a massive bull run to bitcoin that would last months. They never believed in what I had to say. "Bitcoin maximalist" they would accuse me off.

Recently, they finally dumped their alts, which they were holding in hopes of a pump to make more bitcoin with, and simply held BTC. They have dodged the massive alt crash that has brought up BTC back above %50 of the crypto marketcap dominance.

Im not saying all altcoins are shit, but most are. It seems finally reality is kicking in amongst noobs that thought they could get easily rich with altcoins, and they are finally going back to BTC.

Ah the bottom is near. Massive rise in alts ahead as BTC tops out at $8 - $10k and the exhale into alts begin, repeating August again after the 2X fork fails and Bitcoin gold dividend is collected.
TenderBittle

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

It's pretty late to be swapping alts for bitcoin. It sounds like you convinced your friends to take a risky gamble.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:03:00 PM

It's always going to be roller coaster ride, and diversification is good, overall.  I'm not selling my alts unless I lose faith in the project.  I'm a Bitcoin Hodler, too, and expect a pullback there after the b2x snapshot, but I'm not selling that, either.  'Chasing returns' and 'timing the market' rarely works long term.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Evlve

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:04:15 PM

It's certainly a more stable investment in an unstable environment but I don't agree that there is going to be just one coin at the top and everything else is going to zero; it doesn't work that way in any other industry.

That being said industries are typically led by a few that make up most of the market cap. Then the remaining slice is divided up into the rest; it could definitely be the same in crypto.

But if your good at researching and diversifying you can pick some of the little guys that are likely to go up 100-1000% while the big guys get their little gains every year. I guess if you're a passive investor that likes to leave your money in something and not think about it then the top 10 coins are where it's at. Hell for most people on this forum it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the majority of their roll into those anyways and throw tiny amounts into the other stuff.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:10:10 PM

In my opinion it is a very bad timing to sell altcoins m8. If they could do it a few months ago it would be ok but now it is too late to sell altcoins. And fork is about to finish as well. people will jump to altcoins not to bitcoin soon.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:13:06 PM

after the bullrun people will be pissed off and anoyed by bitcoin, bitcoin is also an altcoin you are to bitcoin fixed, blind for the problems and damages that bitcoin causes

regards

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:18:15 PM

always keep 30-50% in btc

however the good alts are going to make you more from here on in percentage terms

real eyes realize

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:25:02 PM

I think nothing is guarantee in the cryptocurrency world. I think some altcoins which have bad prices currently, can bring good profits in the future.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:39:03 PM

I am all in alts and I am seeing all my missed opportunities in the last weeks and months. But to try to correct these mistakes now seems a bit too risky for me at the moment. The rise of BTC doesn't look healthy at all, and to switch my alts now to BTC may lead to a dreadful loss. So I am holding my alts, keep watching the market and try to learn for the next time, when history repeats.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
dontknowwhy

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:44:55 PM

your friends shouldn't be investing if they're going by your advise and not their own research
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

your friends shouldn't be investing if they're going by your advise and not their own research

the joke is that even the own research will not be enough.....

sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:56:14 PM

After the BTC bull run is over and people get their free money from the fork, where do you think they will re-invest that money? Personally, I think they will put a lot of that money back into the alt market.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: