Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer farm now operational!  (Read 7818 times)
MrJaekin

Activity: 275
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:23:06 AM

I see you are pushing the hot air out the window.. where is the cool inlet air coming from? If this is an inclosed garage, wouldn’t this cause negative air pressure?  Reason I ask is I’m thinking about doing this in my garage since I can’t find a good hosting company for my S9s. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GMPoison (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:30:34 AM

I see you are pushing the hot air out the window.. where is the cool inlet air coming from? If this is an inclosed garage, wouldn’t this cause negative air pressure?  Reason I ask is I’m thinking about doing this in my garage since I can’t find a good hosting company for my S9s. Thanks!

It would be too hot to run in my garage, it's in a bedroom. The cool air is being generated via a portable AC, with the intake hose outside of the room pulling in air from the rest of the house.

If you're going to run in your garage, just make sure it's not too hot and that you have good airflow (intake & exhaust).
MrJaekin

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:36:04 AM

It would be too hot to run in my garage, it's in a bedroom. The cool air is being generated via a portable AC, with the intake hose outside of the room pulling in air from the rest of the house.

If you're going to run in your garage, just make sure it's not too hot and that you have good airflow (intake & exhaust).

Oh, haha! I thought from the second picture it was a garage door. My mistake. 😀 Thanks!
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:56:49 PM

Hello GM Poison...

How did you figure out your ventilation part?
What calculation did you use for intake and exhaust?
What fans are you using?

Please share your experiences and lessons learned. Thanks.
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 09:19:02 AM

nice one  Shocked but how much did it cost you overall and what do you expect to collect from it at daily basis.
would like to see some stats about the operation.

hotmetaldobermans

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:11:00 AM

nice one  Shocked but how much did it cost you overall and what do you expect to collect from it at daily basis.
would like to see some stats about the operation.

Curious about startup costs as well, aside form miners.
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:08:03 AM

Did everything run well from now ? any problems?
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:38:01 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 10:14:14 PM by GMPoison

@mrayazgul - I'm running them via Nicehash, you can figure out how much they make by using the calculator on their website. Lets just say, the electricity bill is not an issue.
@BelieveInBitcoin - Worrying about not hitting ROI is not something you have to worry about with these miners.
@BitcoinIntern - Lots of planning, and I don't have the intake/exhaust down to the very last CFM. Just make sure you have good airflow and if you can, do a hot/cold isle like I did to contain and exhaust the heat.
@jrrigs - Changes every day, but yeah, a very good ROI time.
@cupic - None of them are overclocked. I don't want them running hot, I don't want to consume the extra electricity, and I want to get top dollar for them when I go to resell them. They're well taken care of.
@sabrikks - You can calculate all of the numbers using the Nicehash calculator on their site. As far as what it cost me, I got each machine for $1650, electrical install was $4000, and misc. equipment wasn't much.
@hotmetaldobermans - The largest cost - obviously - are the miners. Next to that there was the electrical install and misc. equipment which wasn't anywhere near what the miners themselves cost.
@FrenchinHK - No problems thus far luckily. I don't have them overclocked, they're running at good temps, all is good and I'm taking good care of them to keep their resale value up.
falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 124
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:00:32 AM

How many in total can you run on those 30A 240Vs?

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life | https://horizen.global/
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:43:33 PM

They each consume 800w, and 30A @ 240V is 7200w, so the math would say 7 or 8 safely.
miner6464

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:09:39 AM

Nice Setup!
With 18 L3s you need around 4,000 cfm (18*220cfm) on your "cool room" how much air is your portable AC providing? Same on the "hot room" Be careful with positive and negative pressures.
falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 124
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:18:14 PM

They each consume 800w, and 30A @ 240V is 7200w, so the math would say 7 or 8 safely.

He actually has three (3) 30A 240V circuits. That's 21,600W. That's 18 maximum if I am not mistaken.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life | https://horizen.global/
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:19:11 AM

I think you should replace those tarpaulin with more solid thing like plywood.
Also tarpaulin seem to be more easier to be burned

get rid of that tp link switch, its crap and you will eventually have connection problems. any miner with that kind of setup should know any type of networking hardware with link in the name is crap and eventually has link problems down the road, get something that's better

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:24:29 AM

I think you should replace those tarpaulin with more solid thing like plywood.
Also tarpaulin seem to be more easier to be burned

get rid of that tp link switch, its crap and you will eventually have connection problems. any miner with that kind of setup should know any type of networking hardware with link in the name is crap and eventually has link problems down the road, get something that's better

The TP-Link products I've been using have been working just fine. If and when it ever fails, it will be replaced.
shrivelfire

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:06:51 PM

This is a great setup. However, I'm quite concerned about the costs that you will be making for paying your electricity bills.
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:06:34 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 08:41:04 AM by GMPoison

This is a great setup. However, I'm quite concerned about the costs that you will be making for paying your electricity bills.

Don't be, it only takes a couple of days to pay off the entire electric bill for the month, then it's all profit Wink
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:39:02 AM

I might be interested in selling the entire setup (miners, power supplies, cables, switches, etc, everything needed to start mining included) if the price is right. PM if you're the slightest bit interested.
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:27:34 PM

What happened to all the pictures on this thread? I was trying to figure the PDU's used here and can't seem to find the pictures. If anyone remembers what PDU's were used in this project? I remember the industrial socket ones but don't know the model. Thanks.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:00:36 AM

l3s still make near 500 a month why would u sell
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: