Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is EVERY ico a scam??  (Read 21392 times)
prihojantsev

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:00:58 PM

Almost whole last year and January of these year was the best time for ICOs, right now it is really hard for projects to even gather sofft cap. There are legit ICOs right now that cant even reach softcap and then they have to make longer ICO period. If they coldnt reach soft cap, that doesnt mean that they are scammers.
By my count, about 300 ICOs are launched every month. Considering that the fundraising among all the ICOs accounts for 500 million and the average value of soft cap accounts for 2 million, 250 projects reach soft cap. These are rough calculations. I am saying that because it is possible even now to raise 1 million soft cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:01:48 PM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...
Scam ico has affected upcoming good ico with huge potential majority of ico are scam to say the truth nonetheless there are still ico who are delivering what they promised to investors.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
curly228

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:16:02 PM

Well, how to say, of course, not every, well, a very large percentage of ISO is a scam, I think 60-65% percent, this is a lot, but what else can I do?

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Krabat

Activity: 546
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:29:30 PM

For many, this will be a very big disappointment, but in fact it seems to be true - many projects are no useless garbage to anyone. Only we can understand this after a long time.
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:36:44 PM

in my opinion, don't be too bad think about ICOs, because I'm sure not all ICOs are scams, there are even some ICOs whose projects are running, for example like Steemit, FLIP, STORM so that it proves that not all ICOs are scam.

AristoteI

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:47:48 PM

Such statements can only do frank alarmist. Or the one who does not know how to choose their own projects. I understand that in this market there is a very large number of newbies and people who know little. But this does not mean that all projects are bad.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

AGATE

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:55:05 PM

Of course not. That's like saying, "all the cars are in an accident." That's the wrong conclusion.
You can't. It is necessary to give representative statistics.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:05:19 PM

Not every ICO, but I would say 80 % of the are at least shady, maybe evem scam!

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:19:05 PM

No there are legitimate really valuable projects
Example is Power Ledger price of his token is down but it is down like all market is down
Market is very weak PWRT won Charles Branson competition of most innovative tech start up of the year and there was not any significant up in price
There is not many good ico but there is few worth to buy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
briana samomingkir

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:38:05 PM

Not all of the ICOs here is a scam, only yesterday the number of ICOs who scam experienced a significant increase because the team did not work well, so they made a failure on their project. A good ICO has several criteria that you must review before joining, to ensure the validity of the data they have.

◌▬▬◌ CRYPTOXYGEN | A Crypto Exchange Integrated In Hardware Thomson Computing ◌▬▬◌
ICO IS LIVE NOW‼ ▬◌ Visit : www.cryptoxygen.io
[/center
rdtt13

Activity: 186
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:41:32 PM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...

I dont believe in saying that every ico is scam because there are some successful ico that I invest with so maybe there are some but not the overall ico. 

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Azuliand

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

ico of course a lot of scams , but you just need to be able to choose projects, now in this market you need to carefully select and invest not all the money

[ EFT ] EASY FEEDBACK TOKEN [ EFT ] YOUR FEEDBACK MOVES THE WORLD (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:42:07 AM

No there are legitimate really valuable projects
Example is Power Ledger price of his token is down but it is down like all market is down
Market is very weak PWRT won Charles Branson competition of most innovative tech start up of the year and there was not any significant up in price
There is not many good ico but there is few worth to buy
yeah, we just need to choose it correctly to get the results that we want. i think also, indeed, there are still so many good projects, it's just that we have to be smart at looking for them among the scam ico projects.

it's a bit difficult to choose it, because there are so many projects that look good but that doesn't work well. and there is a project that looks bad but can develop well in the future.

princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:50:16 AM

How can every ICO be a scam? If an ICO does not become successful does not mean it is scam, it might be as a result of poor team work. It is always good to perform a study on the project before joining its ICO because not all ICOs are worth joining.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
hacquerjohz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:41:53 AM

NO, not all ICO's is a scam. there's ICO who launched their project successfully and paid all the bounty hunters who participated on their project.

Escf4

Activity: 364

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:36:21 AM

Not totally or not every ICOs are scams, there maybe some ICOs which are true to their projects but because of strong competition with other launched ICOs , maybe that certain ICO projects did not meet the targetted soft cap of the projects and turn out to losses to the project and can not continue or extend their promotional campaign and then no more, and this ICOs will turn out to be scam project at the end.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
retnocintaku

Activity: 588

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:44:09 AM

Not all ico are scam, it is true for now many ico are stuck, but of course there are still things that are still going well, you must be smart in choosing ico who has good potential and clear goals, plus the team that controls it, don't let you choose the wrong ico

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 02:45:01 AM

no, maybe this is the effect of the overall crypto market fall so that everything becomes too late between distribution and launching tokens, or the price is too low. 4 months I waited for the distribution of tokens but I still remained calm, because I believe that if the market goes up again, then ICO will also go up.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
97percent

Activity: 392

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:53:37 AM

Because of the many pitfalls that exist in this crypto, you must be careful when choosing an ICO, not all ICOs here are scams. Investigation before deciding to join, the team has a huge influence on the course of the project. Choose a team that has a good level of performance that also has experience in the field. So that the ICO can run well and be able to achieve the goals that have been targeted.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
Cenil

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:10:01 AM

from your explanation it has also been proven that not ALL ico is a scam, indeed since the deterioration of the crypto state, ico is a scam, but that does not mean that all ico are scams, there are still many ico that are interesting and good, it's just that we need to do research on ico I want to merge more closely, because now ico that seems good there is still the possibility of being a scary ico, and ico which seems less attractive even has the possibility of being a successful ico ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: