Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:33:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75  (Read 78511 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:14:34 PM

if anyone would like to donate for the work done on the QT, it would very much appreciated :

NMC: N5Nw4uk8NNd3UcoJ9jPD5Towdxr9wyGuN6
BTC: 19wDA8D9fnYdp71DhQygWYktHnmW4ygTN9

illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:00:28 PM

this is really nice and a long damn time coming imo. lol i found this thread bc i was thinking of offering a bounty to anyone making a wallet! namecoin donation incoming guys great work! least i can do is bump this thread!

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:21:21 PM

if anyone would like to donate for the work done on the QT, it would very much appreciated :

NMC: N5Nw4uk8NNd3UcoJ9jPD5Towdxr9wyGuN6
BTC: 19wDA8D9fnYdp71DhQygWYktHnmW4ygTN9

ok. thank you snailbrain. i sent a bit of both.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:22:34 PM

snailbrain: tested latest release on linux. builds, launches, connects ACCEPT blocks, etc ... only minimally tested the "Manage Namespace" tab new functions for editing name configuration ... seems to work ok. No major freezes, errors, etc.

It sent a TX to change the name field successfully. Have NOT tested all the specific DNS and IP and SSL fingerprint forms for correct functionality. I'll leave that up to all those guys chomping at the bit to set-up their new TLS/SSL .bit enabled domains Wink

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:02:19 AM

thanks for the donations

snailbrain: tested latest release on linux. builds, launches, connects ACCEPT blocks, etc ... only minimally tested the "Manage Namespace" tab new functions for editing name configuration ... seems to work ok. No major freezes, errors, etc.

It sent a TX to change the name field successfully. Have NOT tested all the specific DNS and IP and SSL fingerprint forms for correct functionality. I'll leave that up to all those guys chomping at the bit to set-up their new TLS/SSL .bit enabled domains Wink

thanks Smiley

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:58:27 AM

snailbrain : on linux namecoin-qt throws this error upon exiting ...

Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >'
  what():  boost::lock_error
Aborted (core dumped)

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:08:28 PM

.bit's would be really cool if it wasn't so damn hard to setup. there are no working browser apps and foxy proxy doesn't work either.

I like the idea, but there's really no sense in advertising / building a website on .bit if literally no one has easy access to them.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:21:53 PM

.bit's would be really cool if it wasn't so damn hard to setup. there are no working browser apps and foxy proxy doesn't work either.

It really isn't that difficult ... if you want to trust this guy http://namecoin.com/ you can be browsing .bit domains in minutes ... if you don't trust him and want to set up your own it can be done. It is still in development ... no-one said it was going to be easy, put some money up if you must have the tools now ... or wait for the free stuff and mooch like everyone else. But please don't complain about free stuff not coming quick enough.

Foxy proxy does work, I use it all the time.

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:27:31 PM

It really isn't that difficult ... if you want to trust this guy http://namecoin.com/ you can be browsing .bit domains in minutes ... if you don't trust him and want to set up your own it can be done. It is still in development ... no-one said it was going to be easy, put some money up if you must have the tools now ... or wait for the free stuff and mooch like everyone else. But please don't complain about free stuff not coming quick enough.

Foxy proxy does work, I use it all the time.

Chrome app does not work, and it's really unsafe imo.

Same goes for foxy proxy (not working)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:49:06 PM

thanks for bug report Moa

@favdesu

this method seems to also work flawlessly for me on windows, in any browser, and takes 30seconds to setup
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205026

you can lookup from the block chain locally (securely)... but it's not such an easy process for most users (atm)..
lookup NMControl by Khal

http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=525

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:58:47 PM

thanks for bug report Moa

@favdesu

this method seems to also work flawlessly for me on windows, in any browser, and takes 30seconds to setup
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205026

you can lookup from the block chain locally (securely)... but it's not such an easy process for most users (atm)..
lookup NMControl by Khal

http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=525

thanks, I'll test it!

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:14:53 PM

snailbrain : on linux namecoin-qt throws this error upon exiting ...

Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >'
  what():  boost::lock_error
Aborted (core dumped)

possibly boost version/ Qt version..

anyone else experience this crash on Linux?

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

Did some testing and I must say I am quite impressed. Everything went smoothly.

One important thing: There should be a reasonable txfee set by default. Maybe 0.01. This allows miners to increase fees without disturbing newbies.

On the firstupdate screen: The warning about the 12 blocks should be in red (If people simply turn off the client they might loose the name/domain).

The status of domains with name_new only is not clearly visible. OK, the expires column is empty but maybe it should say "preregistered" or something so that it is clear that you do not yet own the name/domain.

Not important:
name_new from namecoind is displayed as hash/random in the transaction list.
name_firstupdate from namecoind seems to create a duplicate entry

These all worked fine:
sign, verify, dumpprivkey, encryption, name_new, name_firstupdate, wallet encryption (both gui & namecoind)

Waiting for firstupdates and doing some more playing testing...  Grin
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:00:30 PM

One important thing: There should be a reasonable txfee set by default. Maybe 0.01. This allows miners to increase fees without disturbing newbies.

On the firstupdate screen: The warning about the 12 blocks should be in red (If people simply turn off the client they might loose the name/domain).

The status of domains with name_new only is not clearly visible. OK, the expires column is empty but maybe it should say "preregistered" or something so that it is clear that you do not yet own the name/domain.

Not important:

These all worked fine:
sign, verify, dumpprivkey, encryption, name_new, name_firstupdate, wallet encryption (both gui & namecoind)

Waiting for firstupdates and doing some more playing testing...  Grin

thanks Phelix.. will try to get these sorted..

in namecoind, i think it always showed the hash in transaction list? (not 100% sure, but i think so)..

edit: you are on windows?

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

Not important:

These all worked fine:

Waiting for firstupdates and doing some more playing testing...  Grin

thanks Phelix.. will try to get these sorted..

in namecoind, i think it always showed the hash in transaction list? (not 100% sure, but i think so)..

i meant:
name_new from namecoind is displayed as hash/random in the GUI transaction list.
name_firstupdate from namecoind seems to create a duplicate entry in the GUI tx list

edit: you are on windows?
yes   Lips sealed
cassini

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:59:49 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 10:33:38 PM by cassini

Just wondering why nobody mentioned the easiest and most obvious method for browsing .bit domains.
On a standard Windows 7 or XP or on a Mac it's just a few mouseclicks (in an unrestricted user account, of course):

Windows 7:
Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing > Connections: Local Area Connection > Properties > IPv4 > Properties > Use the following DNS server > 178.32.31.41

Windows XP:
right-click the mini icon of your active network connection, then select Status > Properties > TCP/IP > Properties > Use the following DNS server > 178.32.31.41

Mac OS:
System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS > DNS Servers: +  > 178.32.31.41

After that you can use any standard browser (not sure about Chrome) for looking up .bit pages.
A few examples of sites with some useful content for a start:
http://dns.bit/
http://nx.bit/
http://bitse.bit/

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:03:09 AM

Thanks cassini ... I just know that there are so many ways to get browsing .bit I cannot see how anybody could miss all of them ... maybe more spoon-feeding is necessary? Eventually all browsers/OS will be .bit enabled by default ...

forsetifox

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

Started up a few times with no errors now I'm getting errors.  Undecided

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:37:33 AM

did you compile yourself?
what os are you on (win7)?

forsetifox

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

did you compile yourself?
what os are you on (win7)?

Windows. Your client. Odd, it worked for at least 2-3 start ups and now crashes.

Also when I switched over from using the old version of namcoind to the QT client I had to re-download the
blockchain. I don't recall why.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: