Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 2463 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:56:17 PM

But this is how the free market works and we can't even exercise that here, it is up to the consumers to do research before and if we are giving them more options to look into, I don't see the harm.

Think of a sales/auction thread like someone's store. You wouldn't go into someone else's store to try and gain customers and that store wouldn't let you advertise there. So stay out.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:03:40 PM

One is mad

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 03:20:31 PM

Sounds pretty statist to me.

How so? Because we would like people to operate with some class? Some respect? It's only because this is a forum that allows users to post comments. In any other situation this would not be an option. If this were to happen offline and in a public setting I'm sure it wouldn't end well.

I used to manage a night club a long time ago and a competing night club sent there bouncers in to try and recruit our bartenders. You know what happened? I will tell you moderators, police, government etc had no part in the fact that the owner sent our bouncers to feed their bouncers their own teeth.

It is a free market, however this is not a public forum and when the OP has no recourse it's bullshit. Period.

LMAO I act the same way in real life as I act on this forum, I never had an issue. I also live in NY and we are the trolls of the USA so yeah. Also isn't threatening violence against the TOS of this forum so your the real troll here.

competitive product posts in other people's threads and items for sale posts.

I don't like this either, report it when you see it, it's off topic.

But this is how the free market works and we can't even exercise that here, it is up to the consumers to do research before and if we are giving them more options to look into, I don't see the harm.

No, I'm not advocating or threatening I stated that already though.

Oh and it's "you're" ...... See that is an example of trolling. When you have nothing better to say just attack.

I highlighted the part where you advocated violence.

Think of a sales/auction thread like someone's store. You wouldn't go into someone else's store to try and gain customers and that store wouldn't let you advertise there. So stay out.

Yes I would cause that is called a plan, you realized that internet companies do a lot worst but yeah no one cares. Free market welcome to it.

I stated I'm sure it wouldn't end well based on past experience of what I've seen. Further in thread I specifically mentioned that I wouldn't nor do I advocate violence. I forgot you live in NYC and everyone there clearly handles things calmly and professionally. You've never seen things like this "not end well"
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 03:51:01 PM

It's always been that policy here, so since people are using this forum and not another, that would mean the free market has decided already.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 03:59:23 PM

It's always been that policy here, so since people are using this forum and not another, that would mean the free market has decided already.

I never said it wasn't allowed. I said it was rude and pretty shitty. not to mention insulting. However the moderator who posted here said it was "off topic" so I guess it's not allowed.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:14:14 PM

I never said it wasn't allowed. I said it was rude and pretty shitty. not to mention insulting. However the moderator who posted here said it was "off topic" so I guess it's not allowed.

I said it wasn't allowed, I'm the moderator who posted here earlier as well. I was responding to gweedo's assertion that it's hindering the free market when we don't allow people to spam others business threads, when if you actually follow that train of thought to the end, it would actually be the result of a free market. 

I think you've been smoking too much of that free market chronic  Wink.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

I said it wasn't allowed, I'm the moderator who posted here earlier as well. I was responding to gweedo's assertion that it's hindering the free market when we don't allow people to spam others business threads, when if you actually follow that train of thought to the end, it would actually be the result of a free market. 

I think you've been smoking too much of that free market chronic  Wink.

Dammmmnnnnn you Silkroad!!!!!!

Haha J/K
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:41:20 PM

I know it is the policy, and I know it is that the free market has decided about this forum. I am just saying it does hinder the free market.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

I know it is the policy, and I know it is that the free market has decided about this forum. I am just saying it does hinder the free market.

Do me a favor take three pairs of Jeans from American Eagle or any store of your choice, go stand inside the Gap and try and sell them. Let me know the results of your "Free market" test.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

Do me a favor take three pairs of Jeans from American Eagle or any store of your choice, go stand inside the Gap and try and sell them. Let me know the results of your "Free market" test.

You just told me to steal! WOW dude stop I am not committing crimes for you. Also this is the internet, very different. I think if my site is better than the site advertising that is my opinion until the free market decides. I don't see a problem with it ad on a another thread, about another service that maybe even better.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:51:54 PM

The thread starter can make it a self-moderated thread.  Problem solved.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:07:19 PM

You just told me to steal! WOW dude stop I am not committing crimes for you. Also this is the internet, very different. I think if my site is better than the site advertising that is my opinion until the free market decides. I don't see a problem with it ad on a another thread, about another service that maybe even better.

You're an idiot.

If a person starts a thread to sell or auction their belongings or services you shouldn't be trolling that thread and posting competitive products or services in that thread. That's what we are talking about. Go make a different thread with your product. Post it in your signature line etc. but do not troll competitors threads and market your products/services in their thread.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

And this thread was started to vent your frustrations about people posting FUD, nonsense, bullshit not backed by facts, people posting competitive products in their competitors threads etc. it was not started for people to troll it and post rebuttals.

Thanks for stoping BYE
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:10:26 PM

When was the last time you saw a Pizza Hut flyer inside of a Sbarro? Do you see Windows 8 brochures inside an Apple store? Okay well then let's not "market" on other people's sales threads. That's their "store" not yours, and not a public place for you to "market"
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:12:07 PM

I love how quickly a topic mood changes. It was a nice friendly chat with us putting out our OPINIONS, but then it turns into a punch up.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:13:15 PM

When was the last time you saw a Pizza Hut flyer inside of a Sbarro? Do you see Windows 8 brochures inside an Apple store? Okay well then let's not "market" on other people's sales threads. That's their "store" not yours, and not a public place for you to "market"

This isn't brick and morar, first off marketing doesn't work like that cause when your in a store, you either go their for a reason or they draw you in. So Kinda is pointless to market inside a store. On a forum it is different, this is helping people make decisions. Can you please launch a company in the same space as me in month I would love to see whose will succeed and whose will fail. I can say my would be 100x better thans yours any day of the week just cause of marketing.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:14:01 PM

I love how quickly a topic mood changes. It was a nice friendly chat with us putting out our OPINIONS, but then it turns into a punch up.

Yeah it was nice and friendly cause no one had an opposing view, once that happens everyone is angry. Can't control yourselfs or something?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:31:54 PM

This isn't brick and morar, first off marketing doesn't work like that cause when your in a store, you either go their for a reason or they draw you in. So Kinda is pointless to market inside a store. On a forum it is different, this is helping people make decisions. Can you please launch a company in the same space as me in month I would love to see whose will succeed and whose will fail. I can say my would be 100x better thans yours any day of the week just cause of marketing.

Why don't you just take a pic of yours, I will take a pic of mine we can post them and see whose is bigger and this will all be settled.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:32:50 PM

Why don't you just take a pic of yours, I will take a pic of mine we can post them and see whose is bigger and this will all be settled.

Well, I am Irish though so ...... Maybe this wasn't the best idea I've ever had.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

Yeah it was nice and friendly cause no one had an opposing view, once that happens everyone is angry. Can't control yourselfs or something?

Dude it's called common courtesy not to post your for sale sign in someone else's sale thread. Market all you want, post ads, buy signatures, use google Adwords, post Facebook ads, by email addresses, SEO, twitter feed, send out free samples to be rated and reviewed, and on and on and on. BUT DO NOT POST YOU'RE "IM SELLING THIS TOO" in someone else's thread that is offering same item for sale. There is a reason why it's not allowed here.

Name three other places online that will allow you to go on someone else's sale thread and post your items for sale. eBay? Bitmit? Amazon? Any?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: