Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs Are Biggest Scam Ever  (Read 663 times)
DEWWA_BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:07:18 AM

Infamous penny-stockbroker Jordan Belfort, better known as the ‘Wolf of Wall Street,’ has reaffirmed his claim that initial coin offerings (ICOs) are “the biggest scam ever.” Earlier this year, he claimed that Bitcoin is a fraud.
ICOs have become popular to investors worldwide over the past year due to their high returns for early investors. Recently, signs have emerged that some ICOs might just be too good to be true.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:11:48 AM

There is no direct relation between bitcoin and ICOs as most of the ICO are done with ETH these days and all those tokens distributed during crowdfunding are not backed by anything other than big claims from the team behind project but bitcoin have really huge community on back who are creating enormous demand for bitcoin and new supporters are getting into bitcoin.

He might be wolf of wall street but his knowledge of penny stocks doesn't fit in crypto world. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:12:06 AM

It's ironic that one of the biggest scammers in our lifetime, is accusing BTC to be a fraud.
You could say that he knows a scam before anyone else see's one, but that's to be expected. People want to make money, one way or another.
No one if forcing anyone to invest in anything. Everyone encourages though that you be cautious, and avoid falling into the scam trap.
Psynthax

Activity: 2310
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:18:57 AM

It's ironic that one of the biggest scammers in our lifetime, is accusing BTC to be a fraud.
You could say that he knows a scam before anyone else see's one, but that's to be expected. People want to make money, one way or another.
No one if forcing anyone to invest in anything. Everyone encourages though that you be cautious, and avoid falling into the scam trap.
Crypto is about money, everyone needs the money. Ico just a part from various ways to spend your money to get back your amount with a decent profit. If you are want to blame the ico with the stock manipulator's statement such as jordan which already arrested for 22 months in prison and you are kidding me, dude.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Belfort

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
DEWWA_BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

Crypto is about money, everyone needs the money. Ico just a part from various ways to spend your money to get back your amount with a decent profit. If you are want to blame the ico with the stock manipulator's statement such as jordan which already arrested for 22 months in prison and you are kidding me, dude.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Belfort

Promoters [of ICOs] are perpetuating a massive scam of the highest order on everyone. Probably 85 percent of people out there don’t have bad intentions, but the problem is, if five or 10 percent are trying to scam you, it’s a f**king disaster. It is the biggest scam ever, such a huge gigantic scam that’s going to blow up in so many people’s faces. It’s far worse than anything I was ever doing.”
YayProto

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:43:02 AM

Most of the ICO doesnt have a clue of developing anything in near future. Just money rise.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:15:37 AM

Most of the ICO doesnt have a clue of developing anything in near future. Just money rise.

ok, that's true.
But i think that what the wolf of wall street says is only because he want people to sell to buy cheaper.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:27:17 AM

There is no direct relation between bitcoin and ICOs as most of the ICO are done with ETH these days and all those tokens distributed during crowdfunding are not backed by anything other than big claims from the team behind project but bitcoin have really huge community on back who are creating enormous demand for bitcoin and new supporters are getting into bitcoin.

He might be wolf of wall street but his knowledge of penny stocks doesn't fit in crypto world. 
I agree with amacar2 since it really obvious that almost those ICO's that emerging are from Ethereum or Waves so why do it relates and direct to bitcoin directly accusing its a fraud. Maybe he should stay back and just do his business on penny stocks and crypto world is for crypto though the difference isn't that long but if he should just bragging around for crypto or bitcoin then just leave his business from it.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:32:00 AM

Although he is an expert at this line of work due to his reputation and skills in business analysis. But one cannot judge judging by the fact that some ICO's are scam although some of them are causing potential harm to cryptocurrency. But nonetheless that bitcoin is not fraud but it can really affect one's mindset due to the decentralized system transaction is hard to identify and detect, one can do illegal transaction but nonetheless, it will depend on the user of the bitcoin. Such accusations came along due to the rise of bitcoin this past few months.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:33:57 AM

ICO's are not really related to crypto.

These are failed marketeers for start ups who couldnt raise funding elsewhere but then caught on to the crypto fomo.

Most will fade away.

Find projects with real crypto devs that stand out above the rest.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:34:22 AM

Infamous penny-stockbroker Jordan Belfort, better known as the ‘Wolf of Wall Street,’ has reaffirmed his claim that initial coin offerings (ICOs) are “the biggest scam ever.” Earlier this year, he claimed that Bitcoin is a fraud.
ICOs have become popular to investors worldwide over the past year due to their high returns for early investors. Recently, signs have emerged that some ICOs might just be too good to be true.
It is funny that a man that have been convicted because of scam and money laundering talking about scams. Jordan Belfort a known scammer have a point, we all know that most of cryptocurrency ICO are scams but not all, there are lots of successful ICO from the past like Tezos, Filecoin, Bancor, EOS, Status, etc and there are still ICOs that are worth investing right now, you just have to make your own research about the company, their plans and the team behind it before investing your money. How about Initial Public Offerings (IPO)? there are also lots of IPO that scams their investors.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:34:30 AM

Well in my opinion there are such ICO's that just trying to be a legit ICO but all they did was try to scam people but there are some that is really are legit and really want to motivate others, not by just getting profit from it but in helping other attain a great income too, I think all you need to do is to research for a particular ICO's then figure out for your self if it really is legit, but just saying, and I can say that all you need is to look for proof of their legality.
louivos

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:43:53 AM

Yes alot of ICO's are scams but It's your job to find the one that is not a scam. Many Ico's have turned out to be a very good coin. Look at Lisk and Neo. They would have made you rich.
soundasleep

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

Yes alot of ICO's are scams but It's your job to find the one that is not a scam. Many Ico's have turned out to be a very good coin. Look at Lisk and Neo. They would have made you rich.

Exactly, do your own research and read and UNDERSTAND the whitepapers.
Look at the team etc.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

All ICOs system are not scam Because I know very well that I made much profit from the investment in the ICOs project many times but soemtimes got loss also ( that was my bad luck Sad ) .
Here this is a big truth that many bad thinking people using the ICos project like system for the scam , they launch Thier ICOs project and after the investment they run away with money .
Here I myself got chested by the indocoin ICOs , I am not sure what happened but here I didn't found anything with this project related platform .
Now here perosnally , if you are going to decalre a project scam , then First of all my suggestion to see that whether the project has transparency in the project , and have any team , or just launching only Thier ICOs project to get investment  only , all these types of the investigation directly shows that what the ICOs project are whether legtit or scam .
yazu

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

To avoid all the scams, do some research on the founders, read the whitepaper, look for existing competitors, ...

Investment is not a game, so be serious, it will spare you a lot of pain Grin
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:47:35 PM

Not all ICO are scam my friend. Also very standing projects meets. You just need to do researhes about project and team. As for the words of this person I don't care of his opinion. As for me he is just advertized person with the soiled reputation.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

I do not think so . ICO is a venture capital and can make a lot of profit but there are many scam projects and to find out more and more simply because we already know a lot of ways to test and search for a potential ICO project it's very easy now

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Quinni

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:09:29 PM

It is undeniable that most ico are deceptive, basic cheat items, but there are quality items, such as eth, neo and stratis.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
DrYM

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

I do believe that most of the erc20 tokens that come out these days are total scams with nothing behind them. But time will weed out all those that are worth nothing and the ones that do have added value will rise astronomically. It'll be interesting to see where all this technology evolves into in a few years time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: