Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet who use this? How much ETH holding?  (Read 553 times)
eth_monster (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:46:14 PM

Now my balance is ~60 ETH, waiting price up Roll Eyes
So how much eth u have, and what comment about MEW.com? Safety wallet or not?
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 07:53:07 PM

I have only ERC20 tokens in MEW wallet. When I wanted to send them to exchange I forgot that I actually need some ETH as a gas Roll Eyes
silveran122

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:55:04 PM

I have none, should I buy some now? I have $500 to invest and don't wanna blow it.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:57:35 PM

You shouldn't use myetherwallet for such an amount of Ethereum.
Please do yourself a favor and start using a wallet that is not third party hosted.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:59:17 PM

Actually I was wondering. Do you know if MEW is a centralised or decentralised wallet. Is there a company behind it? Or is it all open source and neutral?

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:04:22 PM

Not safe at all, because you connect wallet through internet with no precautions which ledger nano s provide. So every connection is a risk to some extent.
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:06:36 PM

I don't believe that anyone would be comfortable telling you how much balance they have. And also do yourself a favor a get a hardware wallet, ledger nano - s is a good choice.

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:27:57 PM

Not safe at all, because you connect wallet through internet with no precautions which ledger nano s provide. So every connection is a risk to some extent.

You can download and run MEW locally, even on offline computer. You can generate private keys there and you can also generate and sign transaction there. Then you just copy signed transaction data and move it to another MEW instance that runs on your online computer.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:32:20 PM

I don't believe that anyone would be comfortable telling you how much balance they have. And also do yourself a favor a get a hardware wallet, ledger nano - s is a good choice.
Its never been good idea to tell any body how much you have no give one favor to yourself and keep them in hardware wallet or some more safe wallet its could be good for you and your money otherwise you can lost this amount very quickly and its nonreturnable
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:34:27 PM

You can download and run MEW locally, even on offline computer. You can generate private keys there and you can also generate and sign transaction there. Then you just copy signed transaction data and move it to another MEW instance that runs on your online computer.
Awesome. Wan't aware of that opportunity. I hold my ETH on hardware wallet and tokens on MEW and Android wallet. But not so much as OP.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:40:26 PM

Did you know that myetherwallet is one of the most pished sites? You can easily be infected by any hacker in here, and when you click the link it will be redirected to your myetherwallet account.
You should be careful, you are holding about 60 ethereums and you are saying it like if it is not real money..
Be careful kid, you would never know how does this system works, because you are still a newbie, a lot of people have been scammed by that way.

Hello
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:45:15 PM

Awesome. Wan't aware of that opportunity. I hold my ETH on hardware wallet and tokens on MEW and Android wallet. But not so much as OP.

Oh that is really interesting. Where is the download link for MEW? And I send the generated data to a MEW online field and just send it, without inserting my private key?

dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:49:15 PM

I stopped using myetherwallet the day that i was hacked without any reason, i dont know how someone stoled my private key or my password, it was very crazy.
I was just receiving 0.25 ethereums to my wallet, and it dissapeared and it was moved to another eth address, and then i knew that i was hacked and there was no way to recover those funds without having to pray a bit.
Probably it was my fault, but yes, MEW can be easily hacked, and this is why it is not the best eth wallet at the moment.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:57:10 PM

I have only ERC20 tokens in MEW wallet. When I wanted to send them to exchange I forgot that I actually need some ETH as a gas Roll Eyes

You are not the first one to experience that mate. I was did the same mistake before, I was a total noob back then I don't know why I can't send my tokens to an exchange from my mew wallet. Later on I needed ETH as gas.  Grin

Thanks

No one will tell you how much ETH they hold on their wallet. And I think there a lot of other wallet that you can hold ETH more safely. There have been numerous hacks on mew. Its a safe wallet, however, several phishing attempts have been successful, so be sure to bookmark mew wallet to protect yourself.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Raegorl

Activity: 140

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

MyEtherWallet's safety depends on your own cyber safety. If you're not infected by any malwares, don't click on any phishing sites or give away your private key (or get it tracked by a keylogger), then it is extremely safe. The problem usually lies with the user in crypto (and its hard to keep yourself 100% secure against all threats)

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:03:41 PM

Where is the download link for MEW?

You can download latest release from here: https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/tag/v3.10.7.0 (choose etherwallet-vx.xx.x.x.zip file). Move it to offline computer, unzip it and run it by double-clicking on index.html file. You can then generate your private keys.

And I send the generated data to a MEW online field and just send it, without inserting my private key?

Yes, pretty much. Here's a link to MEW documentation pertaining to offline usage with more detailed description of the entire process: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:05:25 PM

Thanks
Thats a decent amount of ETH you have there brother and on answering the question regarding on who use MEW then it would say there would be thousands of users or even hundreds of thousands since this wallet is commonly being used to store up on most erc20 tokens in the market.Even myself cant get used to store up my coins on other wallet other than on myetherwallet. I do like on how this wallet handles and store up your coins. As long you dont disclose your keys into other people and into public.Theres no one can access those coins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:25:39 PM

Thanks

Too for you to have 60eth in your wallet and still asking if its safe? I wonder you will do if you realise its not safe and you are unable to withdraw the amount you have amassed on the site. I use Myetherwallet and its a platform that is so safe and flexible in my opinion. Just ensure that you are not compromised in anyway and your funds will always be secure any time you call up it waiting for you to access it.
Cryptotalker

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:32:52 PM

Thanks

If you use the offline version - and maybe check the code before executing - MEW can be very safe.

The linked article describes the steps in detail. Sending coins "offline" is also explained.

https://hackernoon.com/securely-generating-and-storing-an-ethereum-wallet-907bcbd8e5ae
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:47:32 PM

Thanks
60 ethereum are a good amount.I kept similar sums there and never had any problems

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: