Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:32:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: xboxgames SCAMMED ME FOR 5BTC!  (Read 3370 times)
ostr1234 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:28:13 AM

xboxgames user scammed me for 5btc.   I send him the code for moneypack worth 490$ for 5 btc almost 2 days ago. Still didn't receive anything!  Beware to do business with that guy.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:21:43 AM

while he's not a polite guy, he does seem to be establishing a name for himself around here and honest albeit short tempered.

Do you have any proof of this?
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:25:27 AM

while he's not a polite guy, he does seem to be establishing a name for himself around here and honest albeit short tempered.

Do you have any proof of this?

Looks like xboxgames might have got me too for a $300 moneypak. Then you have https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236891.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=126750

I'll keep everyone updated on if I get the coins or not.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:29:11 AM

This is starting to look not good, but we still have no proof.  Do you guys have screen shots of PMs or anything that shows the deals being made?  Also, the transaction ids so we can look it up in the blockchain would also be helpful to determine if a scam happened.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:38:46 AM

This is starting to look not good, but we still have no proof.  Do you guys have screen shots of PMs or anything that shows the deals being made?  Also, the transaction ids so we can look it up in the blockchain would also be helpful to determine if a scam happened.

I'll post screenshots tomorrow. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours. He kept saying he would send it in a couple of minutes but it's been over 10 hours and I haven't received them. He then posted https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229354.msg2505322#msg2505322 - That was a couple of hours again and nothing. I was hoping he was just busy but then ostr1234 posted about waiting 2 days... kind of sucks it wasn't posted sooner.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:43:36 AM

Post screenshots now.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:47:11 AM

Also click the report to admin link in the PMs where you were getting scammed.

Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:24:10 AM

$800 right there. He might be the sort of person to go on a scamming spree and grab as much as he can before he is stopped, and it looks like he might make it to a grand...
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:27:52 AM

Why don't you guys use escrow.??
Try to report moneypak as stolen, but i guess it will be too late.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:42:34 AM

I'll admit it was stupid not using escrow. I was in a rush today and needed coins fast and he was the only one with them at the time that was taking moneypaks.

Lesson learned. Took a chance and it didn't work out. Won't happen again.

Anyway, I have to finish up some work and then I can post screenshots of the PMs.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:49:26 AM

I'll admit it was stupid not using escrow. I was in a rush today and needed coins fast and he was the only one with them at the time that was taking moneypaks.

Anyway, I have to finish up some work and then I can post screenshots of the PMs.

There some ways to make sure the person sending fiat isn't getting screwed when coins are sent first without escrow. See this thread for an example. Escrow adds another person to trust so you need someone like John K who has more to lose than either participant.

Just don't do deals negotiated over PM. Negotiate in Public and make a paper trail.

Verifying the fiat is a much harder problem though.

Bogdan

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:10:36 PM

There some ways to make sure the person sending fiat isn't getting screwed when coins are sent first without escrow. See this thread for an example. Escrow adds another person to trust so you need someone like John K who has more to lose than either participant.

Just don't do deals negotiated over PM. Negotiate in Public and make a paper trail.

Verifying the fiat is a much harder problem though.
Exactly, so as well as using John K as escrow make sure the person you're dealing with is very trusted too.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

Post the screenshots now, otherwise we aren't going to take you seriously. If this is the case, I feel sorry for the people who 'invested' in his gambling thread.
Bogdan

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

Post the screenshots now, otherwise we aren't going to take you seriously. If this is the case, I feel sorry for the people who 'invested' in his gambling thread.
Yeah if true he has scammed a large amount of money and hopefully will be stopped.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:27:33 PM

Yeah if true he has scammed a large amount of money and hopefully will be stopped.

People have been notified on the gambling section.
ostr1234 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:27:34 PM

I don't have the conversation with him as i deleted the messages. is there any way to recover deleted messages??  the scrolling down was pissing me off so i deleted them. I Pmed him my money pack worth 490$ and supposed to receive 5btc, but i didn't receive anything.  I may to try to report my mp stolen. maybe somehow i ll get my money back but i think i got ripped off.....
ostr1234 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:52:51 PM

Here are the screenshoots of the messages he was sending me. A lot of excuses and dragging. As I said before I deleted most of them so thats not all. It is just part of the conversation, but you guys can tell your self by reading that the transaction took place.

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

Here are the screenshoots of the messages he was sending me. A lot of excuses and dragging. As I said before I deleted most of them so thats not all. It is just part of the conversation, but you guys can tell your self by reading that the transaction took place.

Why would you trade with him when it says WARNING TRADE WITH CAUTION
Burdy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:07:13 PM

He didn't have the warning during the trade obviously.

Please report the stolen MP to your police and call Visa and report a claim.
RavinTavin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

RavinTavin from MyFreeCams

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:25:29 PM

I had 5btc with him for bet management. Still fingers crossed

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/RavinTavin <--- Click! 18+ Only
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: