Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:46:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104422 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:12:44 AM

To add one more...  Problem identifying tends to outpace problem fixing, always and everywhere.
(The old trope: everyone's a critic)

So: Add a "Coming soon" section to list all the ideas that you are planning to implement but haven't so you don't get a lot of the same requests over and over.

You have the germ of a tremendously valuable service for the community.  Keep up the good work.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:19:47 AM

Here are my thoughts on how to improve the site.  This is from the perspective of a buyer.  Please don't take these as fatal criticisms; rather these are honest observations that show how you can improve your service.

1) Do away with the requests for unneeded info.  e.g., lose the address fields. (You already said you plan to do this.)  Streamline the process. Ask the user to fill in one of two fields, either how many dollars they want to spend, or how many BTC they want to buy.  The drop-downs are confusing, which leads me into ...

2) Your purchasing system is meaningless.  If I hadn't seen this thread, I would have assumed that I could buy unlimited bitcoins at $10/BTC.  On its face, that's exactly what your site promises.  You need to clarify that the buyer is specifying how much money in dollars they wish to spend, NOT how many bitcoins they're buying.  You also need to integrate the MtGox APIs to quote the buyer the price of each BTC, and calculate how many BTC they will get for their purchase.  All this has to be shown upfront, and locked in either at time of ordering or at time of consummation.  In turn, that opens up door #3 ...

3) You have to have some way of resolving what happens to orders when the price of currency fluctuates.  e.g., I placed an order today at $100/BTC, but no BTC were available.  Tomorrow the price crashes to $10/BTC, and for whatever reason someone lists some for sale.  What rate do I pay?  Conversely, if the price rises to $200/BTC, what happens then?  This needs to be clearly spelled out for both the buyer and seller.

4) Right now, you use two separate systems, which require two registrations.  This is unneeded friction for your users.  I understand the allure of using a hosted ticketing platform, but you have to either find a way to integrate the logins so that one registration works for both, or else toss out the hosted platform and integrate a ticket module of some sort directly into your main Web site.  (As a side note, the emails from your ticketing system were disturbingly slow.  It took more than a half hour for the registration mails to show up in my inbox.)

5) I haven't tried the seller interface, so this may already be there.  You have to have some kind of price limit system.  Again, using the example from #3, if I list my BTC for sale when the price is $100, maybe I don't want to sell them any more if the price drops to $10.  I'd be all kinds of pissed off if I found my coins sold for a fraction of their value without my consent.

6) How do you handle odd-sized orders?  Say you have two sellers, each listing 3BTC.  A buyer comes along and orders 5 BTC worth.  Does the buyer have to make two deposits in two separate accounts?  What if you get 30 buyers each wanting 0.1BTC? (about $10 each at current rates, so one "unit" that you're advertising.)  Does the seller have to verify 30 individual deposits of $10 each?  I can only see two solutions, though hopefully you can think of others. Either ask the seller to fix the order size and lock that in, or you have to collate the BTC into a single account, accept the buyer's payment into your own bank account, and distribute the funds appropriately to the sellers.  The first option breaks your flexibility paradigm, and the second turns your into a middleman instead of a matchmaker, which has legal consequences.

You have given me a lot to think about. I appreciate the comments, and I know that the way the website is set up right now is not perfect, and there is room for improvement. What I want to do before anything else is to simply grow accustomed to the day to day activities of the business. Creating policies and procedures, macros for the helpdesk, responding to customer inquiries and such. These things need to take priority over anything else. Ensuring these things are perfected first will translate into a better experience for the end user.

The website is a week old. It will improve with time.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:22:35 AM

Like I said, please don't take this as nagging or hating.  I really do think you have a strong core service, and I do like that you have solid priorities in place. This has the potential to become another awesome service. =)

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:25:12 AM

Like I said, please don't take this as nagging or hating.  I really do think you have a strong core service, and I do like that you have solid priorities in place. This has the potential to become another awesome service. =)
+1

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:30:48 AM

Group hug.

I appreciate the comments. They were constructive and well thought out.

Smiley

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Popping 10 BTC on here to try this out, Wells Fargo deposit.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:22:13 PM

Your bitcoins have been listed for sale under the Wells Fargo bank. This listing can now be seen here:

http://www.bitcoin-brokers.org/buy-bitcoins-at-wells-fargo/

Anybody can contact Bitcoin-Brokers and purchase these bitcoins with a cash deposit into any Wells Fargo in the USA.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:23:59 PM

Your bitcoins have been listed for sale under the Wells Fargo bank. This listing can now be seen here:

http://www.bitcoin-brokers.org/buy-bitcoins-at-wells-fargo/

Anybody can contact Bitcoin-Brokers and purchase these bitcoins with a cash deposit into any Wells Fargo in the USA.

Can confirm that I have successfully transacted several BTC so far - received payment securely and reliable escrow thus far.

But I really, really hate seeing the "$10" everywhere.

BTC Long.
objectnotfound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:13:36 PM

Hey guys!

Tried to post sooner, but I didn't realize there was such a long wait to be able to get to this forum.

Anyway, this is a review I wrote for them -

I'm writing this post to give everyone a little insight about the website aforementioned. I recently took a leap of faith and purchased three bitcoins through this BRAND NEW site, and I wanted to share my experience.

In order to purchase, you must first visit their site and declare (in a dollar amount) how much you're looking to spend, and at what bank. I was looking to buy 5 BTC through a bank of america (not understanding what, exactly, it entailed), so I placed my order (without using any CC info or anything, simply entered some info in) and waited. Shortly thereafter I received an email saying I would need to deposit my money into a specific account  Roll Eyes

So I followed up with the email, and was assigned someone to work the process with... I must say - it was a nice touch working with a person right away! He informed me that, since they were a new site, they weren't stocked with enough BTC for the sale. Basically, they're an escrow service, and they match me up with a seller and take a 2% fee from the purchaser - the seller sells free. He said they could supply me with three of the five I needed, and alert me when more were available if I was so inclined. I agreed and he supplied me with someones name, account and routing number, and gave me a deadline to deposit the cash within. I made my way to the bank, VERY wary I might add, and deposited the money.

Part of the process is to send a picture or a scan of the deposit slip and the business card of with whom you had dealings with at the bank. I promptly uploaded them and then held my breath. Dan (my liaison) told me he was going to contact the seller, verify the payment, and then release the BTC. This is where everything took a turn for the worst...

...just kidding. It took a few hours of my nervously checking my email for the confirmation, but low and behold the coins were there.

All in all, solid A++ experience, and I am waiting for a new seller to load the remaining coins so I can purchase them!

(no seriously, I'm looking to buy 2.5 more BTC right now, through bank of america!)
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

So for what it's worth, I just bought about 7BTC through the service.  The coins showed up pretty darn quick after I sent in the deposit slip; I'm just waiting for the transaction confirmations now.

As a buyer, I'm willing to give the site a qualified thumbs-up.  This is one of the easiest ways to convert dollars into Bitcoins. My comments above still apply.  Above all, the site will succeed or fail on the trust the owners can build as escrow agents and matchmakers.

In addition to my comments above, one other thought for future consideration is to allow users to offer custom rates through the site. So for example, maybe I want to buy at 95% of the MtGox rate, and hope to find a seller who just wants to dump BTC quick.  Or as a seller, I could demand 105% of the rate and look for a desperate buyer.  Things like that.  I'm not sure how that would fold into your business model, but it's something to think about.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:41:22 PM

Second positive for this service to report.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:42:38 PM

I am happy to see the reviews guys. They are much appreciated.

The website is about a week old and I want to listen to the suggestions that you have all offered, so I am going to be switching the site around and hopefully it should streamline things a little better.

I will make mention here once I have finished with this round of edits to the site.

Thanks again to everybody.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
J.Socal

Activity: 495

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:19:59 PM

Sent in another 9 btc.Also Maybe instead of dollar amount to sell.You should change to btc amount.Maybe starting @ a minimum like .5 or whatever you think is good.Also you guys need to add trust feedback,after the trade is finished.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:23:33 PM

Sent in another 9 btc.Also Maybe instead of dollar amount to sell.You should change to btc amount.Maybe starting @ a minimum like .5 or whatever you think is good.Also you guys need to add trust feedback,after the trade is finished.

What bank?

People should post requests as to what banks are easiest to find for them so they can be filled by community members.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

I confirm receipt of another 9 bitcoins which will be made available for purchase immediately at any Bank of America.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
objectnotfound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:45:33 PM

I confirm receipt of another 9 bitcoins which will be made available for purchase immediately at any Bank of America.

Can you look at the zendesk ticket for order 3790 please? I don't want to miss out on grabbing a few of the BOA ones. I was working with Dan - thanks!
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:47:13 PM

Sending 4.19 BTC for WF.

Please PM or post to me if you'd like me to load WF or Capital One up!

(Sorry, edited, was just wanting to send change and bring my balance to a round number, which was 4.xx and not 6.xx)

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:12:54 PM

Can you look at the zendesk ticket for order 3790 please? I don't want to miss out on grabbing a few of the BOA ones. I was working with Dan - thanks!

I will hold them for you and email you a quote first thing in the morning. Take care.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

As requested I have:

-eliminated the need to create an account. (other than submitting an email through the helpdesk).
-eliminated the confusing pricing/shopping cart issue.
-created a better explanation of the service.
-streamlined the entire ordering process for both the buyer and the seller.

Buying and selling is now easier.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:21:39 AM

Looking better already!

Funded 10 more BTC to the Wells Fargo withdrawal option. BTC available!

BTC Long.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: