Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104418 times)
objectnotfound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:24:40 AM

site is not even https secured?

-Zero financial transactions occur on the site.
-Zero information is collected via the site.
-Hence zero need for Https on the site.

Has anyone said in your face yet?
 Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 01:20:29 AM

site is not even https secured?

-Zero financial transactions occur on the site.
-Zero information is collected via the site.
-Hence zero need for Https on the site.

Has anyone said in your face yet?
 Grin

I suppose a hacker could expose how to make deposits into our accounts.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:36:13 AM

There are now bitcoins available for purchase at any JPMorgan CHASE bank.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cdy0101010x

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:57:47 AM

Just registered this account for the purpose of posting in this thread...

I wanted to vouch for the legitimacy of this service, I did a cash deposit at B of A this morning and had my coins within a couple hours (not a huge purchase, around $100). A great alternative for me because I thought I was out of luck when BitInstant wouldn't take any orders from my home state.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:29:26 PM

I really need more bitcoins right now. There is a lineup of buyers waiting right now to make cash deposits into your bank account if you have any bitcoins you want sold at current MtGox rates.

Thanks.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:57:28 AM

-be able to verify via online banking that there has been a cash deposit made into their account for the correct amount.
-receive a scanned copy of the actual deposit slip used during the deposit transaction.
-receive a scanned copy of the business card of the bank employee who accepted the deposit who can be contacted to verify the deposit.

How can the seller know with certainty that cash was deposited (versus a personal check, for instance)?

Some banks charge extra to perform a counterfeit bill check at the time of deposit.    Is it possible the buyer passes a bogus bill, and then the funds are pulled from the seller's account a day or so later?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:12:02 AM

-be able to verify via online banking that there has been a cash deposit made into their account for the correct amount.
-receive a scanned copy of the actual deposit slip used during the deposit transaction.
-receive a scanned copy of the business card of the bank employee who accepted the deposit who can be contacted to verify the deposit.

How can the seller know with certainty that cash was deposited (versus a personal check, for instance)?

Some banks charge extra to perform a counterfeit bill check at the time of deposit.    Is it possible the buyer passes a bogus bill, and then the funds are pulled from the seller's account a day or so later?

Questions best for the bank, I think. Though when I see deposits on even small regional bank, it lets me know, cash, check..  Good luck depositing a counterfeit Bernankedollar. I wouldn't count on that percentage, have you had the latter happen??

Edit: Are you in the States? If not, no clue.

BTC Long.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 01:32:25 AM

Man the secret service will raid their house immediately

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:36:02 AM

Some banks charge extra to perform a counterfeit bill check at the time of deposit.    Is it possible the buyer passes a bogus bill, and then the funds are pulled from the seller's account a day or so later?

Questions best for the bank, I think. Though when I see deposits on even small regional bank, it lets me know, cash, check..  Good luck depositing a counterfeit Bernankedollar. I wouldn't count on that percentage, have you had the latter happen??

Edit: Are you in the States? If not, no clue.

All the FRNs around here go through a machine, even at a teller window. 
Machine Counts it, checks it, probably records the serial number, dusts for prints and checks your prostrate while its at it.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:30:12 PM

Some banks charge extra to perform a counterfeit bill check at the time of deposit.    Is it possible the buyer passes a bogus bill, and then the funds are pulled from the seller's account a day or so later?

I think a couple other people have already answered the question, and they are correct. In today's day and age, pretty much every major online banking UI will display to the account holder the nature of the deposit instrument. Most online statements indicate if the deposit was made in cash or check. That's what my clients who bank at Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase Manhattan etc have told me.

With respect to your comment about counterfeit cash being deposited into the seller's account...anybody foolish enough to try to pass counterfeit cash at the single most scrutinized point of entry will deserve what comes their way. On the off chance that a buyer did actually successfully pass counterfeit cash into the banking system, the seller is not vicariously liable for the bank's inability to detect a counterfeit instrument.

Translation-Zero risk.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:12:17 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 05:48:51 PM by CompNsci

site is not even a real company? can't find info on Mexbill Pay the organization who registered the domain according to these docs. also do real companies use yahoo addresses on their contact info? i'm just trying to prevent anyone from getting scammed until we know the legitimacy of your company.

Some additional research, the phone listed in the registration leads to a "number not in service" message. The address in Richmond, BC appears on google maps and corresponds to a house address visible in street view. WhitePages.ca lists 5 Daniel Browns in Richmond, BC, though none at this address.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:14:54 PM

Certainly this seems like a nice escrow service charging 2% to the buyer.

Unfortunately, the fact that the bitcoins need to be transferred to a wallet owned by a person or persons who are not clearly identified leads to substantial risk for both buyer and seller. There would be no way for either party to legally go after the owners of that wallet in the event the site simply goes down and the BTC are moved elsewhere.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:05:39 AM

Unfortunately, the fact that the bitcoins need to be transferred to a wallet owned by a person or persons who are not clearly identified leads to substantial risk for both buyer and seller. There would be no way for either party to legally go after the owners of that wallet in the event the site simply goes down and the BTC are moved elsewhere.

Certainly, a little faith is required with a new service. I simply would like to report that it appears successful in what might be described as personal experience so far, that doesn't mean there's no risk involved.

BTC Long.
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:50:47 PM

no offense but the site seems terrible. it might as well be a text box and asubmit button as you just ask everyone to submit a query through the help desk  Undecided

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:53:11 PM

Certainly, a little faith is required with a new service. I simply would like to report that it appears successful in what might be described as personal experience so far, that doesn't mean there's no risk involved.

I am making regular purchases with increasing (small) amounts.  So far no problems.  It looks and feels like a live beta test, and seems to be having  measure of success along with continuing improvements.
Early days but so far so good.  The folks involved are taking it seriously.

UnderTheRadar

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

Hi guys and gals! Newbie here, but just wanted to take some time and comment on these guys. Used them for my first purchase earlier in the week (Wednesday), and all said and done from the time I sent the request, until the time my wallet was funded, was about 3-4 hours! I too was skeptical, and of course there is a level of trust that must be given, but all I can report back is how incredibly easy it all was, and how great the communication was on Bitcoin Brokers' end!

While I'm new here and I'm sure my words may mean little to a lot of you, I wanted to go out of my way to post about this vendor, as I was pleasantly surprised with the transaction, and wanted to help instill confidence in any of you whom are on the edge. I'll be doing my second small buy today, and will update on that one as well once completed!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

Hi guys and gals! Newbie here, but just wanted to take some time and comment on these guys. Used them for my first purchase earlier in the week (Wednesday), and all said and done from the time I sent the request, until the time my wallet was funded, was about 3-4 hours! I too was skeptical, and of course there is a level of trust that must be given, but all I can report back is how incredibly easy it all was, and how great the communication was on Bitcoin Brokers' end!

While I'm new here and I'm sure my words may mean little to a lot of you, I wanted to go out of my way to post about this vendor, as I was pleasantly surprised with the transaction, and wanted to help instill confidence in any of you whom are on the edge. I'll be doing my second small buy today, and will update on that one as well once completed!

UnderTheRadar ,

Nice try sayulita, but you'll need a few more long-term trusted members to use your service and comment before you can get any credibility.

snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:36:00 PM

There are way too many new members posting over-the-top recommendations for this service.

Essentially this is just an escrow that charges a 2% finder's fee.  What type of dispute resolution do you have?  What happens if the seller never gives you 'the green light' and claims he didn't receive funds?  Why is there little to no information available about who actually runs this site?
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:35:19 PM

UnderTheRadar ,

Nice try sayulita, but you'll need a few more long-term trusted members to use your service and comment before you can get any credibility.

Sorry to burst your bubble BCB, but that just happens to be a customer who is happy with the service. The mods can surely attest that every single time I have logged in and posted from this account, it is from 1 of 2 different IP addresses, both of which come from...drum roll ...the Sayulita area of Mexico. Come on down for a vacation sometime. It sounds like you could use the break.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

I love Mexico!  And yes I could use a break!  May take you up on that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: