Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104418 times)
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:29:22 PM

Bullshit! In that sense its just like ACH.
You would have to go a long way to have a SEPA "recalled".

Think of SEPA like an extension of ACH, its faster, cheaper, easier and better regulated.

If you say so. Take the risk at your own discretion.

Hell, if you want to send cash over the pond I'll be glad to hook you up with BTC. But you're likely not. Banksters are thieves anyway and I'd be scared to use them all that much.

BTC Long.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:30:15 PM

2. Each bank has 24h(weekends excluded ofc) to process your transfer, so you have your cash in 48h max(i had transfers that took 1-2h)
Sadly it's usually 3+ open business days. Never had less than a day.
)

But thats not SEPA, its the exchanges that cant cope/are delaying.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 09:33:41 PM

SEPA is far superior to what is being used in the US and much better regulated.
1. There are no intermediary banks
2. Each bank has 24h(weekends excluded ofc) to process your transfer, so you have your cash in 48h max(i had transfers that took 1-2h)
3. SEPA transfers cant cost more than domestic transfers, which is usually 0 fees
etc.

So far no real difference, except maybe the "much better regulation" so is there anything specific on why you consider that as better?

There are exceptions for DDA accounts with bad credit where they bank asks for ACH delay to be agreed, if you have such a DDA account, usually delay agreement can be dropped within months to a year depending on creditworthiness.  1-2 hours is not so uncommon with ACH either, depends on the bank and the relationship.

I like that you have pride in SEPA, but would like to learn more about why.

The bitcoin-broker service is pretty great, and I am contemplating opening up some of my EU accounts to it, but I don't think SEPA gives any specific advantage to that.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:33:42 PM

Think of SEPA like an extension of ACH, its faster, cheaper, easier and better regulated.

Hell, if you want to send cash over the pond I'll be glad to hook you up with BTC. But you're likely not. Banksters are thieves anyway and I'd be scared to use them all that much.

LOL, you do know what SEPA means?
Single Euro Payments Area
No way of sending to the US.

And im done hijacking. Sorry OP.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:34:51 PM

LOL, you do know what SEPA means?
Single Euro Payments Area
No way of sending to the US.

And im done hijacking. Sorry OP.

I meant Euros not wanting to do bank deposits, but didn't care where their coin from. Those statements were not in tandem my friend. Calm down.

SEPA is not infallible. Again, proceed thinking that way (that is not toward you, toward anyone wanting to read or heed) at your own risk.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:55:00 PM

Guys......I have been trying to be polite and let this thing burn out on its own but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Can we keep this thread focused on Bitcoin-Brokers please?

Thanks.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

Guys......I have been trying to be polite and let this thing burn out on its own but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks.

Apologies, was just trying to warn people of risk involved with SEPA. I will step away. Regards.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:56:05 PM

Thanks.

Apologies, was just trying to warn people of risk involved with SEPA. I will step away. Regards.

Thanks.  Wink

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
byte1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:10:00 AM

This seems like a nice idea, but somewhere in there are laws that prevent money laundering and this might be an example on why you should not be doing this. As users, you are fine, but the business model is mute.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:12:24 AM

This seems like a nice idea, but somewhere in there are laws that prevent money laundering and this might be an example on why you should not be doing this. As users, you are fine, but the business model is mute.

He never touches any money. Is this forum a laundry agent?

BTC Long.
byte1

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:50:48 PM

Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 01:23:50 PM

i guess it could be an opportunity in America  Grin

i was going to start a similar service in Europe lol

At what local bank would you like to buy your coins?
Would UBS work for you, or which do you prefer?

This was never answered, SEPA discussion hijacked it.  Smiley
I remain curious.  Which EU banks are most interesting?

Americans have additional reporting issues if we don't just keep low balances (under 10K$US) in foreign banks, but doesn't mean we can't have deposit accounts. Smiley  For my Suisse Banking I use UBS, would any in EU want to buy coins via Bitcoin-brokers at UBS?

Or which banks with many branches do you prefer?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cornish_will

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:11:59 AM

SEPA is far superior to what is being used in the US and much better regulated.
1. There are no intermediary banks
Whatever

Sadly it's usually 3+ open business days. Never had less than a day.

3. SEPA transfers cant cost more than domestic transfers, which is usually 0 fees
etc.
True

now with fast track payments in uk most bank transfers are done in minutes not hours anymore

cornish_will

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:14:49 AM

Thanks.

Thanks.  Wink

Sayulita we are diascussing payments which was directly or indirectly linked to bit brokers as a payment platform

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:35:56 AM

Thanks.

Thanks.  Wink

Sayulita we are diascussing payments which was directly or indirectly linked to bit brokers as a payment platform

The payments you are discussing have nothing to do with Bitcoin-Brokers. Bitcoin-Brokers does not service the UK, and all you are discussing is UK payments.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:50:30 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 05:33:59 PM by sayulita

Bitcoin-Brokers now offers bitcoin for sale in the country of Chile.

Residents of Chile can visit Banco Falabella and make a cash deposit with and receive bitcoin within a day.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:37:10 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 03:59:29 PM by sayulita

(edit-filled)

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
itsBusinessTime

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:08:46 PM

Hi there!
Sorry if this has been asked before but I see in your first post that Mt.Gox is used to determine prices. When I go to your website there's no reference (that I can find) to which exchange prices are based on. Can you confirm you use Gox prices?
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:00:04 PM

Hi there!
Sorry if this has been asked before but I see in your first post that Mt.Gox is used to determine prices. When I go to your website there's no reference (that I can find) to which exchange prices are based on. Can you confirm you use Gox prices?

It is in fact MtGox which is used.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
itsBusinessTime

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Hi there!

It is in fact MtGox which is used.

Thanks.
Thanks! Looking forward to trying your website!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: