Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 03:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying  (Read 4957 times)
morrisby25

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:47:26 AM

I prefer to just buy bitcoin. Mining bitcoin is not a lucrative way of having bitcoin nowadays because of its high difficulty. Back then, when bitcoin is just fairly new, it was a great way of acquiring it and just hold it to have a good profit. Not to mention the cost to build mining rigs specially the graphic card which is very costly, and the high electricity cost it consumes just to mine. If you are going to just buy bitcoin, you can avoid this upfront cost. You just need to register in exchange sites and you are ready to go. It depends on you if you are going to hold or trade it to gain more bitcoin.
According to me view buying bitcoin is more easy and profitable job then mining bitcoin because mining is very difficult and costly job and also mining is very risky because you need to spend more money to buy mining devices and other installation system.
lotto-fan

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:56:22 AM

I would buy bitcoin. I heard mining BTC is really hard right now and you need super fast HW and lots of power.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

The advantages of mining Bitcoin over buying them include not having to deal with Bitcoin exchanges and not having to be concerned about receiving Bitcoin with a questionable history in the blockchain. If the Feds ever decide to “blacklist” certain Bitcoin addresses, any BTC under your control that has blacklisted addresses in its history on the blockchain would be forfeited (ie. lost). Plus, mining strenghtens the network and helps protect it from 51% attacks.
Mining is time taking process and it requires a lot of consumption of resources firstly the internet availability is must and then the machinery is also very costly so there is a lot of expense in mining whereas in the buying you only have to invest for only one time and there is no resource consumption in the buying and profit come smoothly to the investor where as in mining a bit of profit come after the mining on month,
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:51:32 AM

The advantages of mining Bitcoin over buying them include not having to deal with Bitcoin exchanges and not having to be concerned about receiving Bitcoin with a questionable history in the blockchain. If the Feds ever decide to “blacklist” certain Bitcoin addresses, any BTC under your control that has blacklisted addresses in its history on the blockchain would be forfeited (ie. lost). Plus, mining strenghtens the network and helps protect it from 51% attacks.
Mining is time taking process and it requires a lot of consumption of resources firstly the internet availability is must and then the machinery is also very costly so there is a lot of expense in mining whereas in the buying you only have to invest for only one time and there is no resource consumption in the buying and profit come smoothly to the investor where as in mining a bit of profit come after the mining on month,

Yes I believe mining is not for everyone and sometimes we might end up incurring more electricity charges than the profit and machineries are very expensive I feel trading will be an better option when compared with mining as trading will gives us better insights of market strategy and how the value pumps and dumps but we need to start trading with small amount of investment without risking every last dime .

Am I spamming? Report me!
lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:56:00 AM

I prefer to just buy bitcoin. Mining bitcoin is not a lucrative way of having bitcoin nowadays because of its high difficulty. Back then, when bitcoin is just fairly new, it was a great way of acquiring it and just hold it to have a good profit. Not to mention the cost to build mining rigs specially the graphic card which is very costly, and the high electricity cost it consumes just to mine. If you are going to just buy bitcoin, you can avoid this upfront cost. You just need to register in exchange sites and you are ready to go. It depends on you if you are going to hold or trade it to gain more bitcoin.
According to me view buying bitcoin is more easy and profitable job then mining bitcoin because mining is very difficult and costly job and also mining is very risky because you need to spend more money to buy mining devices and other installation system.

Agreed. Now it is much easier to make money by investing comparing to the mining. Maybe it was better 5 years ago but now your mining expenses are very close to your earnings.

BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:59:19 AM

I bought myself a mining rig. To be honest, you can get a better return by investing rather than mining. That's just my personal opinion of the days we live in right now.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:04:38 AM

Yes I believe mining is not for everyone and sometimes we might end up incurring more electricity charges than the profit and machineries are very expensive I feel trading will be an better option when compared with mining as trading will gives us better insights of market strategy and how the value pumps and dumps but we need to start trading with small amount of investment without risking every last dime .
If you will treat mining as your investment then it will be a good way also to earn bitcoin without  a need of monitoring the price, I think trading have a lots of grounds where we need to understand every aspect of the certain trade while in mining if you already set up your rig all you have to do is to keep it working and wait for the mined coins, its really depend and interest of any investors.
mdani1

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:12:53 AM

I think doing both is better because it's like having two assets from buying bitcoin that will give you a passive income and also bitcoin that will give you assets that can give you significant profit, because looking at bitcoin price of pump price and also other opportunity you can take to get more into profit.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:24:34 AM

Personaly i do not have the needed power to start mining so buying is the only option for me

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1918
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:25:48 AM

Well it depends on you actually if you have a certain amount of cash to buy bitcoins then you should buy bitcoin, but if you are just an average person who have just the right amount of money for everyday uses then mining is the best option for you.
fuding12

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:30:46 AM

Mining bitcoin remains profitable nowadays. but not so profitable if compared bitcoin mining done a few years back.

Why? Because mining depends on many factors, not just how fast / powerful hardware we have.
But another factor is "bitcoin difficulty",
today more and more people are mining, "difficulty" is increasing.
the more "difficulty" increases, the harder a bitcoin can be get in by way of mining.
if want to be practical then I recommend buying.
robkuo

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:38:44 AM

buy and hold is my strategy.
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:38:51 AM

Basically I think the both are still have an important role to gain profits from bitcoin to date. But because mining requires a high capital and extensive knowledge of computer components and knowing more deeply about blockchain .. probably most people today are prefer to buy or investing.
The prices that keep tends lead to the height so far, this could be an opportunity for investment's profits of course. And not only that, I'm sure the most people are.. I believe that's investing is more simpler than doing mining for them.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

Basically I think the both are still have an important role to gain profits from bitcoin to date. But because mining requires a high capital and extensive knowledge of computer components and knowing more deeply about blockchain .. probably most people today are prefer to buy or investing.
The prices that keep tends lead to the height so far, this could be an opportunity for investment's profits of course. And not only that, I'm sure the most people are.. I believe that's investing is more simpler than doing mining for them.

In our current times i think it's best to buy and hold rather than mine them because the difficulty levels are on the ever increasing side and hardware prics just keeps going up and so we might be a  little late to mine them if we haven't already started but we can invest by buying and holding them in a secured wallet  for the long term.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:47:43 AM

I think it is more profitable buy just buying and holding btc specially in relation to the current events about nicehash mining being allegedly hacked leaving all of its miners and investors helpless it just shows that it is much safer to privately hold bitcoins and buy from time to time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:57:53 AM

Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.

Thanks.
I think if for now it is better to buy, because there are too many miners in every country. after all to get a btc by mine must have big capital and electricity issued also quite large, the possibility of electricity cost bigger than btc obtained. if you buy and then do the trading may only spend the initial capital but does not incur big electricity costs.
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:02:58 AM

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

Thanks.

For me I preffered on Bitcoin mining because we all know that buying bitcoin is very risky in a way that if you risk to buy bitcoin and you used a big amount of money and then suddenly bitcoin value dumo you are the one who will lose and not the bitcoin. And ofcourse bitcoin value isn't that stable so you manmy end up bankrupt if that's happen.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:04:46 AM

Mining and invest will both make you earn bitcoins but the best thing to do is to start investing and learn how to trade, Trading is one of the source of success of every person who joins trading because the market is like a game, You need to have a good strategy and predictions to earn more profit.

decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:10:50 AM

Thanks.

Yep. Both of this are good enough to give you some incomes. But I suggest to you to focus more on investing because if you learn and have a supporting knowledge it will somehow give you a better income and best profit. Becauee based on my experience and friends suggestion, investing is the best among other ways.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:18:13 AM

these two are a good source of income in bitcoin, It will give you a decent amount of money, but what I think is for you to just focus on one of these because these two cost alot of investment. But I think its already hard to mine bitcoin due to the big mining. so what I auggest is to just do trading. all you need intrading is some investment and the rest is up to your strategy and kniwledge.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: