Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:07:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had 10k Would you buy Bitcoin before the fork or after?  (Read 1055 times)
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

It does not matter realy when to buy the bitcoin, because even if you missed your chance right now there will be another in the upcoming future, because the price is constantly changing, but buying it right now would be the wisser option since everyone is talking about the price going up in the mid november and even if the hard fork does not have a huge impact on its price, by the end of the year things will get better.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

Noob here asking , If you had 10k Would you buy Bitcoin before the fork or after?  and Why? Would it make a difference if you had 100k?

I might buy before the fork if I have 10k. One good reason is that I will be receiving another cokn which is the B2X after the fork so that would be great. And then of course the main reason here is I believe that every second counts and I don't want to lose any opportunity to invest. Even if we're at 7k right now it's still a good price to buy even though it is too high since I am planning to invest on a lobf term and I'd love to see btc at 10k which is very possible to happen.

ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:13:02 PM

Wait till after the fork. Bitcoin will go up and down many times the next few years. There is no point is rushing with so much uncertainty around the bitcoin fork right now. Worst case scenario your profits in the long run are a bit lower than could of been. If you buy now and bitcoin dumps you might lose a big chunk of your money.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

With events like forks, you'll find that their effect diminishes over time.

Events like forks only affect btc's price in regard to how much fear and uncertainty they generate. The first fork had a big effect on price as no one knew for certain what would happen or what the implications of a fork would be.

Now that we've seen the effects of a fork, and realized they are not the doomsday scenario some made it out to be, the effects of the next fork won't be as noticeable. If there's a 3rd fork down the road, it could have no effect on price at all.

Its possible we've already seen the price bottom as far as the next fork goes.
Festus Maximus

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:15:44 PM

Yes!
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:17:17 PM

It does not matter realy when to buy the bitcoin, because even if you missed your chance right now there will be another in the upcoming future, because the price is constantly changing, but buying it right now would be the wisser option since everyone is talking about the price going up in the mid november and even if the hard fork does not have a huge impact on its price, by the end of the year things will get better.

That is right. If I get 10k USD right next minute I will buy bitcoin for the complete amount. I am very sure about the price potential of bitcoin. You can simply close your eyes and buy the bitcoin as much you can.
With in the year we will able to get the 20k USD for the amount we invested that means double the value without any effort.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:18:27 PM

now btcX2 have a price more or less of 1500$.

If you think that btcx1 price will drop more than 1500$, buy after the fork, instead buy before the fork.

There is one other problem: after the fork, btcx2 price, will rise or drop?

You question is really hard...
azuremoontears

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:21:34 PM

Noob here asking , If you had 10k Would you buy Bitcoin before the fork or after?  and Why? Would it make a difference if you had 100k?

I think I would buy bitcoins after since they said its price will go down after the fork so I think that would be a very good chance to buy bitcoins.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:38:47 PM

Well for me i would buy BTC before fork and hold it till reach 10k
And free coin is nice,i dont want to skip that chance
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:39:07 PM

I would buy half before the fork to get the forked coins and sell them at a decent price so I can increase my bitcoin stack. And with the other half I would purchase btc right after the fork which the price is supposed to suffer a correction. We don't know how big or small it will be.. But we believe in the bitcoin on long term so buying at $7000 instead of $6000 wouldn't make us regret a lot. Wink
kchowRocks

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:39:34 PM

If history is any indication, the danger of forks is way overrrated. Oftentimes cryptocurrencies will reach new highs shortly after a hard fork. Two prominent examples are bitcoin and Ethereum. The markets are quick to adjust to forks and recognize the value of coins even after a split.
Hard fork will give free B2X and absolutely no impact on BTC value.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:47:54 PM

If history is any indication, the danger of forks is way overrrated. Oftentimes cryptocurrencies will reach new highs shortly after a hard fork. Two prominent examples are bitcoin and Ethereum. The markets are quick to adjust to forks and recognize the value of coins even after a split.
Hard fork will give free B2X and absolutely no impact on BTC value.

Not sure Bitcoin price won't be affected after the fork. There is a possibility that many holders are just waiting for the free Bitcoin Segwit2x and then take their profit. It may cause the price to fall.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:49:24 PM

I would just prefer the money because the bitcoin price is too big and you will have your change to buy lower. But to answer your question , I would have bought bitcoin BEFORE the fork happened because now you can see it's effect crystal clear.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:50:32 PM

Smart investors will wait for settled dust and i will join to ther trend after fork. There is no easy way to determine minimum price level on chart but fork speculation will affect to the direction of price before it happens.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:52:22 PM

I think it is better to buy after the fork once bitcoin price is stable. I'm sure a lot of people would dump bitcoin after receiving their free coins from the fork. It is good to buy bitcoin when it is cheap.

Chibykesman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Interested in bitcoin

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:59:16 PM

I will buy bitcoin even before the fork.

I would like my coin to rise, I dont know when the price may reduce or increase.

Or I may buy after fork, if bitcoin price increases.
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:03:12 PM

I would buy some bitcoins now and then the rest after the fork if I have 10k to invest. We all know that price will increase day by day so I don't think one should wait for the dip. I think you should buy it in small amounts like some % coins at $7000 then $6500 (if the price goes down) this way you won't loose much and get some cheap coins as well.

I also think that you should do some research yourself before investing in bitcoins as 10k is very large sum of money.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:09:12 PM

I'm not sure what I would do because no one knows which coin will be the winner. We have BTC BHC BTG ... more to come

however, if i had 10k, i would sign up to plus500, place a buy order when bitcoin hit's 6k and rake in $1000's profit while its going back up.

Why ta plus500? There are a lot good pure crypto traders..

At the moment I think that  a good buy level is ~ 7k and it would be wise to buy there because of I think that it will hit again 7600 and +. And you are getting free new btc coins and after the fork the price will decrease but not dramatically because most of the investors are not in for fork

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Toxicsoul

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:11:07 PM

I will buy before the fork because the last fork bitcoin increased it price and i think after this one it will also increase and that is why i will buy before the fork and sell after it.
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:16:38 PM

Whether you buy your coin now or later, it does not matter, when it will only matter will be when there is a drop in the current price. But for me, I will buy before the fork, cause after the fork, there will be a rise higher now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: