Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is exchange?  (Read 2936 times)
vaziasiav

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:58:15 AM

и в кaкиx жe лyчшe xpaнить ?
sylviazapanta19

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:03:37 AM

None of them are safe, store offline.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:07:06 AM

exchangers are only as safe as you see them to be because measures have been put into place for users to make use of, but not all the users tend to apply all the securities put in place as a measure provided for securing an account by the exchanger.
Statedapps

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

It is safe for whales who don't care much if they lose their coins. Rule is to leave only the coins you are trading with on the exchange, anything long term should be put into a proper wallet off the exchanges.

They can shut down any time and all your coins will be lost!

I completely agree!
jonsnow29

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:31:14 PM

There are safe exchanges like Bittrex and Binance.
But, some exchange are not safe due to less security and prone to hackers. I don't wanna mention them.
chocochild

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:50:13 PM

Some exchanges are safe enough only to have a trade and go out. Since exchanges now are not totally hacker proof it is safe to store money not on exchanges.
gorbabtc

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:52:46 PM

Most of the exchanges are safe from hacks as they have proper security measures. The recent hacks which happened might be fake and have the involvement of exchange itself.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Some exchanges are safe enough only to have a trade and go out. Since exchanges now are not totally hacker proof it is safe to store money not on exchanges.

If you use the exchange to trade then how it is safe to holding the fund mate. I may agree that you can find the way to do the trade alone but will not be able to hold in any exchange for it mate. If you want to use the good exchange means please use the Binance, Bitrex, Bitfinix and Etherdelta.

For hackers you can see this is the easy way to reach your fund when are looking to hodl.
Please have some private key secured wallet for having your fund be safe.
minerdiary

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:57:56 PM

I think that private keys exchanges are stored in offline wallets. For transactions, temporary wallets are used, which are controlled by robots. Undoubtedly, the owners of tokens are trying to keep the keys safe, hacking of exchanges is unprofitable for their creators.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:17:54 PM

It would be nice to have decentralized exchanges, and if it were not possible to have the possibility to have the private key at the time of creating the wallet .
It is not like we do not have decentralized exchanges such as IDEX, FORKDELTA (which is a fork of ETHERDELTA), but the thing here is that asides trading volume, I totally feel we are not just there yet and the available ones are not really giving out that much in terms of security and feel, as they are more like not that much usable in the real sense without even still being scared of not losing your funds. Looking at how EtherDelta has experienced huge attack in the past, it is still not much to rely on.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

It would be nice to have decentralized exchanges, and if it were not possible to have the possibility to have the private key at the time of creating the wallet .
For me im 80% sure that exhange are very safe because it is the only thing that you're sure that your money is secure. Also when you exchange your coin its automatically operate in higher level of security. Although there some of them are suspicious so i suggest to you to trust only to those exchanger that on the top.
80% is a whole lot bro and sure, you may still be able to count on some exchanges safety if you can at least beef up the security of your own account, but even at that 80%, the 20% is still a lot if you have some pretty big asset in it.

What is the point, leaving funds in exchanges anyway if one is not trading? It is best to believe that exchanges are not safe at all, no matter the percentage you want to give them, and if all your assets are on an exchange, then, believe me, you have nothing at all.
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:44:21 AM

Its depend on the security on the exchange, recently some exchanges were hacked and stolen millions of tokens by hackers but i heard some exchanges repay for traders back so you better choose good exchange.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:44:57 PM

Its depend on the security on the exchange, recently some exchanges were hacked and stolen millions of tokens by hackers but i heard some exchanges repay for traders back so you better choose good exchange.

I am sure that the exchanges will secure their site from the attacker and they will give protection to their customer. but this is not always guaranteed for every exchange because I see that there are still any exchanges that getting hack by the attacker. so we need to secure our account with the instruction from every exchange. so far, I don't have any problem with many exchanges and I think every exchange will give the best services to their customer.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:54:07 PM

Hi,

Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.

So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?
Exchange will use encryption technology to keep Bitcoin, altcoin and user accounts secure. Some big Exchange also use cold wallets for large amounts of digital money. but You should use reputable Exchange
lendahawkins

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:58:54 PM

never keep your coins or token on the exchanges exchanges can be hacekd any time  but not  the wallets it is not easy to hack wallets.
i do think yes its hard to hack wallet. Its really dangerous to put your coins on exchange for example in this month there was been 2 exchange on korea that were hacked and approximately lose 60million usd. But if you are traders it cant be helped. Just keep your private key safe.

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:07:15 PM

Exchanges are not perfect and has weaknesses therefore exchanges are not safe. No matter how safe they claim there's always a possibility that traders funds are at risk, we have seen and heard a lot of exchanges hacked and shutdown so its advisable to store any amount of crypto for long term every traders and investors should consider it first.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:33:32 PM

Hi,

Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.

So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?

Exchanges are never 100% safe. I only keep certain amount of coins which i want to trade with and keep the rest in hardware wallet.
Although old and good changes are less likely to scam but we can't ignore this fact that anything can happen and should perform the security measures to safe our coins.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:26:52 PM

I don't think you should ever trust your private key to any third party. Exchange or exchange, or offer to Airodrop.
pakupayung

Activity: 437
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:15:17 AM

I think to be careful in choosing exchange for trading coin. usually private key must be private no one who knows, because if private key leak, our coins can potentially lost. Such as etherdelta actually is quite save for trading as long as we are careful and not stuck with phishing website.
Milla Komani

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:11:45 PM

Without active bidding I try to withdraw money from the Exchange. There is a possibility that money can be stolen by hackers or employees of the exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: