Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is exchange?  (Read 2934 times)
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Exchanges are always susceptible to get hacked due to security holes in their system, I think exchanges have both wallets hot & cold. They store user assets in cold wallet & transfers it to hot wallet only when the user tries to trade like when users place an order, but all exchanges may not support this facility. To be on safe side always keep your assets in your personal wallet for which you are holding the private keys or seed phrases, just transfer them to exchanges when you are willing to trade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:31:44 PM

I think that the security of the stock exchanges today can only leave much to be desired, because such actions should definitely be regarded as something very, very insecure, I would never keep money on the exchange.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:35:49 PM

I will not keep large amounts of coins on exchange, even if  are the top exchange , always some hacker can find a way and maybe they will hack some users, i remember in past that binance, get some users coins selled for another coin , was affected users who hold bitcoin and have api activated, but binance fixed them and cancel all users transaction who has affected, and all get their coins back.

Some exhanges are more safer than others. And don't forget to activate 2fa if is possible.
So the best you can is to not hold so much coins on exchanges.
jyotsna060278

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:53:29 PM

No exchange is 100% safe, there is always a possibility of hacking or fraud with any given exchange, but if we compared to risks, there are also advantages on exchanges like they give many other possibilities for earning or increase our assets on exchanges by simply trading, stop loss alert facilities and others etc. There is no doubt that wallets are more safe than exchanges, but they are very restricted and cannot give us chance to increase our crypto assets. If want to be less risky with exchange, try to not adhere to one or two particular exchange and try to make 5 or 6 or more depending upon self capability to maintain such number of exchanges.
gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 04:04:43 PM

Without security factor no exchange is safe and there are some big and effective authentication which are all exchanges using but google authenticator, sms  otp, email authentication are the best way to keep safe the account on the exchanges.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Esofdemon

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:23:12 PM

I think crypto exchanges are safe, but you are never safe for 100%. So I prefer to keep on exchangers only the needed amount for trading(never holding all money in one place)
toolsydas

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:31:49 AM

I'm using exchangers almost every day, and I never had problems with it. First of all, you should choose a good exchanger like Binance or Bittrex. Next rule is not to keep all your crypto in one exchanger, it's safer to keep money on different platforms.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:40:04 AM

Exchange is safe to all if u dont give ur information to third person,and transfer ur crypto to safe palace,btw u got chance that someone can steal when u transfer.

Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:43:13 AM

Hi,

Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.

So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?
I believe that exchangea in crypto was safe.If they grow that means they trusted for crypto people to trade their particular coins.

ZhyravlikO

Activity: 336
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:07:28 AM

I use Binans and am very pleased. Strong protection and user-friendly interface.
I'm not afraid to trust him. In addition, you should not keep all the money in one basket. Therefore, distribute your money among several exchanges.
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:33:50 AM

Hi,

Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.

So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?
Safe or not dependent on the exchange developer, if the developer intends to be evil then all your accounts will not be safe. the account that we have should always be given additional security such as 2FA so that only we can access
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

The safety of an exchange site is of a greater importance and it is very sad to have your money locked up at an exchange site. Always in the best mood to get good and genuine exchange site to trade my coins.
Hobbledehoy

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:15:13 PM

Safety is not the top when it comes to exchanges a lot of them are very prone to hack which is why people are always advised to make sure that they never leave their coins on any exchanges. So you should make sure that you are only putting coins on the exchanges to trade but nothing else.
CryptoVal13

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:20:06 PM

I believe that DEX are more safe now, especially when they use escrow system. Alot depends on DEV team but if project has a strong prof skilled staff-no worries. Don't forget about the volumes of the exchange.For example, I use LCS exchange but still store coins on wallet.Some people say you need to send to exchange but for me it will be always be too serious to store on exchange. But it doesn't matter I won't get my dividends, here you can send them either to wallet or exchange.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
iqrasalsabila

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:49:06 AM

I think to be careful in choosing exchange for trading coin. usually private key must be private no one who knows, because if private key leak, our coins can potentially lost. if you want to exchange a save, can use etherdelta, there is a good market, the coins price is clear and safe in the transaction.
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 07:25:33 AM

Exchanges are really very important in the cryptocurrency community. If you must use an exchange that requires your private keys, then you should maybe create a dedicated wallet for the exchange, one that doesn't keep much coins for you...

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:38:28 AM

Developers constantly improve their exchanges. Nevertheless many of these services are not safe I suppose. There are many examples of hackers who succeeded in their desire to steal money. Users become victims all the time.
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 10:30:03 AM

Your coins are safe unless exchanges are hacked. So never store your coins in exchanges wallets. Always choose the wallets that you know of the private key.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: