Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Here is your chance to influence the current roadmap. After the next wallet release, what do you think should be the next focus ?
Make the wallet more unique, modifying the user interface - 12 (18.5%)
Create an official mining pool for Swipp - 9 (13.8%)
Add support for an additional exchange - 36 (55.4%)
Create online web wallet with mobile support - 4 (6.2%)
Create a forum on the website - 2 (3.1%)
Add donation-driven bounty system to the web site - 2 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】◢◣ Swipp ◢◣ Modern cryptocurrency ● X11 ● POW/POS ● Masternodes  (Read 19037 times)
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

You are a passionate and hardworking team but time is running and many others coins are surfacing as well. I am surprised that just a 6 days old coin is trading at 0.00067 BTC and also listed at Cryptopia, its also a X11 Coin (PoW/PoS like SWIPP)

You guys need to speed up things and create activity in discord channel, also it is must to go to a reputable exchange asap.

thanks

Are you contributing to the development of the coin?

i am not the coin dev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teamswipp (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Swipp - a modern cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:07:17 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

You are a passionate and hardworking team but time is running and many others coins are surfacing as well. I am surprised that just a 6 days old coin is trading at 0.00067 BTC and also listed at Cryptopia, its also a X11 Coin (PoW/PoS like SWIPP)

You guys need to speed up things and create activity in discord channel, also it is must to go to a reputable exchange asap.

thanks

Hi.

Yes, many coins surface, but most of them also never have any development and never go anywhere. Many coins trade high in the beginning - if the code base is not developed they won't have a future in the long run. Doing something properly takes more time. Again, we are not doing this for some qucik profit. This project is about doing something great... And fun Smiley...

I have personally not even logged in on the Discord channel yet ... As far as I know, only chaozer has poked his head in. Primarily, we want to develop Swipp and spend time coding.

To be honest, there are very few cryptocurrencies with any real development going on... You can basically count them on two hands. Even DASH has slowed down significantly lately. We want to do things in Swipp that no other cryptocurrency offers. The project will prove itself, but it won't happen overnight.

Yours, team swipp

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

thanks

Hi.

Yes, many coins surface, but most of them also never have any development and never go anywhere. Many coins trade high in the beginning - if the code base is not developed they won't have a future in the long run. Doing something properly takes more time. Again, we are not doing this for some qucik profit. This project is about doing something great... And fun Smiley...

I have personally not even logged in on the Discord channel yet ... As far as I know, only chaozer has poked his head in. Primarily, we want to develop Swipp and spend time coding.

To be honest, there are very few cryptocurrencies with any real development going on... You can basically count them on two hands. Even DASH has slowed down significantly lately. We want to do things in Swipp that no other cryptocurrency offers. The project will prove itself, but it won't happen overnight.

Yours, team swipp

I trust you, you better be right as i have alot at stake in your coin now , best of luck  Smiley
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:17:27 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

thanks

i am not the coin dev

I think @canonical's point is that everybody can join in developing Swipp  Smiley... Eveyrbody can join the team, submit pull requests and contribute. We want this to be a community effort. In the long run, this is the only way for a cryptocurrency to truly succeed and be immortal.

We don't consider it to be our coin. We are only the caretakers of the code base. More developers will surely jump in on the boat down the road.

Yours, team swipp

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:21:24 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

thanks

i am not the coin dev

I think @canonical's point is that everybody can join in developing Swipp  Smiley... Eveyrbody can join the team, submit pull requests and contribute. We want this to be a community effort. In the long run, this is the only way for a cryptocurrency to truly succeed and be immortal.

We don't consider it to be our coin. We are only the caretakers of the code base. More developers will surely jump in on the boat down the road.

Yours, team swipp

Oh yes, i am participating in development of this coin by having my huge investment in holding the coins and thats without getting any interest  Wink

Between, i am not a developer but if you would like to teach i can try  Roll Eyes

@canolical:  whats your contribution to this coin?
canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:46:58 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

thanks

i am not the coin dev

Yours, team swipp

Oh yes, i am participating in development of this coin by having my huge investment in holding the coins and thats without getting any interest  Wink

Between, i am not a developer but if you would like to teach i can try  Roll Eyes

My point is that if you're not happy with progress, either help out actively with development of the coin or accept that you're just along for the ride. Comment, critique, make suggestions,.. these are all fine, but don't think that you can sit in the cheap seats and give orders to the people that are actually doing the work.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:49:22 PM

Hello TeamSwipp

thanks

i am not the coin dev

Yours, team swipp

My point is that if you're not happy with progress, either help out actively with development of the coin or accept that you're just along for the ride. Comment, critique, make suggestions,.. these are all fine, but don't think that you can sit in the cheap seats and give orders to the people that are actually doing the work.

Are you nuts? read my posts again

And lookslike you are neither investor nor developer ...lol...

As contributors to this coin we have all the right to give feedback and will continue doing so and teamswipp always appreciated that just like a true team should do.

A word of advice: Considering feedback as 'orders' is reflection of a retard mind.
canonical

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:23:19 AM

Genuinely useful feedback will always be appreciated. The Swipp Team has done a lot so far, especially considering this coin was dead. The ideas they're looking to implement are good in that they aren't standard features from an existing high market cap alt-coin that they can simply clone. There are no shortage of clone coins appearing daily with no intention from the developer except to pump and dump. With what the Swipp team has done so far, they are deserving of as much time as they need to bring about the vision they have for Swipp which got them excited in the first place to revive this coin.
ihackcoinz

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:06:01 AM

Hi fellas - nice conversation - signs of life accompanied by passionate discussion are always good things.  Definitely recommend taking this life over to discord vice BTCT.  Yeah I'm a n00b, but this btct sh!t is a dinosaur compared to discord capabilities.  Even just having separate channels so that I don't spam this thread with: "why is my wallet not syncing? where is the current wallet? what are the current addnodes?" types of questions is a step in the right direction.  And dev/leader presence, but I care less about that if you guys truly are working hard on this stuff and looking to seriously progress the state of the art vice just being another status quo MN coin.
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:10:05 AM

Time for a small update!

We wanted everybody to know that Twiddler is still working on the wallet - the weekend release is a tad delayed.

Network hash rate is fluctuating from 3 TH/s to 250 GH/s, so there is some room to mine some easy Swipp if you have the hardware for it.

While Twiddler is finalizing the next wallet release, Chaozer has updated the explorer with a masternode view. You can now check what masternodes are active on the Swipp network directly in the Swipp explorer. There is also a new API call for this in the explorer. He said he will be fine-tuning and improving the masternode functionality in the explorer continuously. For the current rendition, please visit http://explorer.swippcoin.com/.

As always, our changes to the Iquidus explorer can be found here; https://github.com/teamswipp/explorer.

Yours, team swipp

Sonanh1234

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:29:47 AM

Time for a small update!

We wanted everybody to know that Twiddler is still working on the wallet - the weekend release is a tad delayed.

Network hash rate is fluctuating from 3 TH/s to 250 GH/s, so there is some room to mine some easy Swipp if you have the hardware for it.

While Twiddler is finalizing the next wallet release, Chaozer has updated the explorer with a masternode view. You can now check what masternodes are active on the Swipp network directly in the Swipp explorer. There is also a new API call for this in the explorer. He said he will be fine-tuning and improving the masternode functionality in the explorer continuously. For the current rendition, please visit http://explorer.swippcoin.com/.

As always, our changes to the Iquidus explorer can be found here; https://github.com/teamswipp/explorer.

Yours, team swipp

DEAR DEV, if you want to improve SWIPP price, please increase % reward of masternode, and list swipp on mnrank.com
fusionfoto

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:59:35 AM

I'm just starting to follow/support this coin, and I ike the realistic, patient approach I'm hearing and the plans to increase community involvement including allowing non-core developers to contribute. This is exactly in the spirit of how all of this started. I will be telling more people about this coin and potentially contributing code in the near future.

thanks.

Fusion
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:06:32 AM

Time for a small update!

Yours, team swipp

Good work, keep the spirit high  Cool
canonical

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:48:25 PM

A suggestion:
Many coins are suffering the same fate; after the dev's initial enthusiasm starts to wear off, the costs of developing and maintaining the coin wear them down until it's no longer appealing to spend their time and money on the coin which leads to stagnation. Several coins are trying to solve this after launch, i.e.: Neutron just updated their wallet and it incorporates a dev fee. Another coin which I can't remember is hard forking and as part of it, the block reward is increasing for the next 50,000 blocks with the increase going to the dev team to fund development.

I'd suggest that incorporating a dev fee may be something that Team Swipp might want to consider. Your continued enthusiasm to work on this coin and fund expenses is in everyone's interest and with governance and funding models being a large part in what made the major alt coins become major alt coins, I think it's worth considering.
fusionfoto

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:19:32 AM

A suggestion:
Many coins are suffering the same fate; after the dev's initial enthusiasm starts to wear off, the costs of developing and maintaining the coin wear them down until it's no longer appealing to spend their time and money on the coin which leads to stagnation. Several coins are trying to solve this after launch, i.e.: Neutron just updated their wallet and it incorporates a dev fee. Another coin which I can't remember is hard forking and as part of it, the block reward is increasing for the next 50,000 blocks with the increase going to the dev team to fund development.

I'd suggest that incorporating a dev fee may be something that Team Swipp might want to consider. Your continued enthusiasm to work on this coin and fund expenses is in everyone's interest and with governance and funding models being a large part in what made the major alt coins become major alt coins, I think it's worth considering.

As a whole, the alt-coin community hasn't figured out a fair dev-fee... and BTC and others don't have any concept like that and are wildly successful.

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:28:48 AM

A suggestion:

If teamswipp wants it, we want it hear it out from them, normally there is concept of 'Development fund' where a percentage is set out and that is used for supporting development.
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:04:08 AM

Hello everybody.

To be honest, the idea of a dev-fee with funds going to an address controlled by us, personally makes me very nervous. So I am personally agreeing with @fusionfoto on this one.

That being said, instead of a "dev-fee", we have talked about a bounty system governed by the masternodes. Basically, we are thinking that we allocate maybe 5% of all newly generated coins to this bounty fund - the masternodes can then issue new bounties and allocate rewards..... A bounty is only enabled once a certain number of masternodes all agree upon it. The same goes for payment of the bounty - a certain amount of masternodes need to reach consensus before it is paid out. Anybody will be able to apply for the bounties (the current core dev team included).

The biggest advantage here is that the bounty and development fund will be completely decentralized and anybody will be able to partake in the development process and apply for bounties.

With this, we will develop a relatively simple web bounty portal that masternodes will host. This web portal will be used to submit bounties and manage payouts. The underlying data is then synced between all masternodes - meaning that we can have as many mirrors of this portal as there are masternodes on the network. So even this part is decentralized and not dependant on us.

There are a few technical issues;

1. How the bounty fund should be stored and managed between the masternodes.
  2. How to sync the bounty data between the nodes. We can either use the blockchain or some alternative method.

Initially, we were planing on a donation driven bounty system on our web site. However, we want a currency, infrastructure and community that can keep going even if the current core team gets hit by a bus! It's important that there is no central point of failure. After the next wallet update, getting onto another exchange and developing this part of the currency will be our focus. So any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Yours, team swipp

Imaha486

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 11:10:01 AM

ohh.. big project..

I think that an event to celebrate the resurgence of Swipp is necessary.
Many people do not know that Swipp has revived...  Cry

teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:42:17 PM

ohh.. big project..

I think that an event to celebrate the resurgence of Swipp is necessary.
Many people do not know that Swipp has revived...  Cry

What kind of event ? Smiley

I really think Swipp as a project will attract attention as time goes by, just like other active cryptocurrencies. We are not really looking for an overnight frenzy - a slow natural rise in popularity is often the best thing.

Yours, team swipp

teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 02:05:29 AM

Hi guys. We have extended the roadmap on the web site with two features that we now for sure plan to implement;

http://www.swippcoin.com/

Implement masternode-backed bounty system.
This implementation is intended to facilitate the future development of the Swipp cryptocurrency.
Masternodes will be in charge of creating new bounties and governing the bounty-fund which will be replenished using Swipp generated via newly created PoS and PoW blocks. Our initial plan is to allocate 5% of all the new currency generated on the network to the bounty-fund.
A web portal will be developed that will be hosted and synced between the masternodes, creating a fully decentralized system where users can create new bounties, apply for bounties and claim bounty rewards.

Implement masternode-hosted web wallet (with mobile support).
A completely decentralized wallet solution hosted by the masternodes of the Swipp network. After registering and creating a wallet, users will be able to deposit and withdraw funds directly via a web interface served by the masternodes.

Yours, team swipp

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: