Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Here is your chance to influence the current roadmap. After the next wallet release, what do you think should be the next focus ?
Make the wallet more unique, modifying the user interface - 12 (18.5%)
Create an official mining pool for Swipp - 9 (13.8%)
Add support for an additional exchange - 36 (55.4%)
Create online web wallet with mobile support - 4 (6.2%)
Create a forum on the website - 2 (3.1%)
Add donation-driven bounty system to the web site - 2 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】◢◣ Swipp ◢◣ Modern cryptocurrency ● X11 ● POW/POS ● Masternodes  (Read 19037 times)
ShamanicHarmonics

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 01:37:55 PM by ShamanicHarmonics

Hello everybody. Hope you all had a great Christmas.

We are just reporting that mining difficulty is pretty low currently. Added to that, we have a mining pool dumping the currency. If you have some mining power to spare, please share some on lpool or Altcoinix.

Apart from that, we are still working and adding some improvements to the next wallet. The adaptive network is also coming along nicely.

We are also working on a blockchain download from masternodes in order to speed up syncing on fresh wallets (when you run Swipp for the first time). This should speed up the first sync dramatically. The block chain will be downloaded from multiple masternodes in order to prevent any funny business on the network. This will most likely become the first "service" that we implement on the masternodes. This might actually make it into the next wallet release.

Yours, team swipp

diff is low, this is the general situation of the X11 coins, however things will return to normal in a few days.

I'm looking to start up a node, just put a buy order in, fingers crossed! Looking forward to joining the community, looks like a promising project!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:57:31 PM

Apologies if I've missed this information.
I'm trying to stake some coins. Transferred them to an address about 12 hours / 500 confirmations ago. My wallet shows that they don't have any stake weight yet. What is the confirmations / time required before they're mature for staking?
teamswipp (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Swipp - a modern cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:06:50 PM

Apologies if I've missed this information.
I'm trying to stake some coins. Transferred them to an address about 12 hours / 500 confirmations ago. My wallet shows that they don't have any stake weight yet. What is the confirmations / time required before they're mature for staking?

Coins require a 36 hour maturation time before they are staked. Strangely enough, this was missing on the specifications page on the website. Fixed now.

Yours, team swipp

teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

I'm looking to start up a node, just put a buy order in at 0.000001500, fingers crossed! Looking forward to joining the community, looks like a promising project!

Welcome! We are going to need all the masternodes we can get! Smiley

Yours, team swipp

ShamanicHarmonics

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:39:22 PM

I'm almost there! Accumulated almost enough SWIPP - Still about 5K away, but I'll get there Smiley
hta

Activity: 261
Merit: 6

A happy family is but an earlier heaven!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

I'm almost there! Accumulated almost enough SWIPP - Still about 5K away, but I'll get there Smiley
welcome

LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW. THE IMPORTANT IS NOT TO STOP QUESTIONING (ALBERT EINSTEIN)
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:44:32 AM

ANNOUNCING SWIPPSWAP

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody.

As you know, we have tried to apply for a listing on a few exchanges. While some of them might actually list us (after us badgering them enough), others ask for insanely absurd amounts of payments in order to process and list a new currency. While developing an exchange was not part of our original plan, it is painfully obvious that the cryptocurrency world needs a proper free exchange where new currencies can flourish and get listed. The current situation with a few exchanges with business models solely driven by greed monopolizes the market and hampers innovation and directly goes against the free and open spirit that the original Bitcoin was developed under.

As a community and for the benefit of all cryptocurrencies out there, we need to, at one point or another, say that enough is enough!

Therefore we plan to, during the first quarter of 2018, release SwippSwap! A centralized exchange for the benefit of the whole cryptocurrency community where all new currencies can get listed for free. The exchange will be developed by a Swedish business and hosted in their private data center. To make the exchange easy to use, the interface and design is inspired by Cryptopia - something we beliveve will allow everybody to easily migrate to SwippSwap.

So to summarize the exchange;

Processed trades will cost 0.15%, putting us mostly below the rest of the market.
Listing a cryptocurrency in all current base markets will be completely free - something that will never change.
Developers will be able to buy extra services for their cryptocurrencies (base market listing, mining pool to name a few). These extra services will require Swipp for purchase.
The initially planned base markets for the exchange are SWIPP, BTC, ETH, DASH, BCH and LTC.

In the long term, we believe the exchange will grow the Swipp currency and allow us to generate some funding for the project.

More details about  the exchange will follow on the website. We will also post a seperate announcement here on bitcointalk about the exchange once we have more of the details in place.

Happy new year everybody.

Yours, team swipp

simon_ngo

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:55:40 AM

ANNOUNCING SWIPPSWAP

As you know, we have tried to apply for a listing on a few exchanges. While some of them might actually list us (after us badgering them enough), others ask for insanely absurd amounts of payments in order to process and list a new currency. While developing an exchange was not part of our original plan, it is painfully obvious that the cryptocurrency world needs a proper free exchange where new currencies can flourish and get listed. The current situation with a few exchanges with business models solely driven by greed monopolizes the market and hampers innovation and directly goes against the free and open spirit that the original Bitcoin was developed under.

As a community and for the benefit of all cryptocurrencies out there, we need to, at one point or another, say that enough is enough!

Therefore we plan to, during the first quarter of 2018, release SwippSwap! A centralized exchange for the benefit of the whole cryptocurrency community where all new currencies can get listed for free. The exchange will be developed by a Swedish business and hosted in their private data center. To make the exchange easy to use, the interface and design is inspired by Cryptopia - something we beliveve will allow everybody to easily migrate to SwippSwap.

Processed trades will cost 0.15%, putting us mostly below the rest of the market.
Listing a cryptocurrency in all current base markets will be completely free - something that will never change.
Developers will be able to buy extra services for their cryptocurrencies (base market listing, mining pool to name a few). These extra services will require Swipp for purchase.
The initially planned base markets for the exchange are SWIPP, BTC, ETH, DASH, BCH and LTC.

In the long term, we believe the exchange will grow the Swipp currency and allow us to generate some funding for the project.

More details about  the exchange will follow on the website. We will also post a seperate announcement here on bitcointalk about the exchange once we have more of the details in place.

Yours, team swipp

Great news!

Happy New Year Team Swipp!
Imaha486

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:59:15 AM

oh! nice new project!
 I expect this!

canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:29:24 AM

ANNOUNCING SWIPPSWAP

Yours, team swipp

Exciting development but also wary of the demand this will place on your small team. I don't think any member of teamswipp imaged that they would one day be answering endless, inane support tickets and trying to debug some else's copy-and-paste wallet to get it to work with the SwippSwap system.

If I could make a suggestion, I would not advise that you make it free to list as that might make SwippSwap a dumping ground for every cloned shitcoin out there and make a tonne of work for yourselves. Make it cheap, by all means, but make it something. The difference between free and cheap is infinite.
Vituscc

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

why so long there are no payments from the newly installed node? only 35 nodes on the network
and why does it consume so much memory?
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

why so long there are no payments from the newly installed node? only 35 nodes on the network
and why does it consume so much memory?

We have seen this a few times now. Check your debug.log for windows socket errors. When they occur they sometimes leak memory and can make the client function in unpredictable ways... It's completely unrelated to Swipp and is Windows-specific. Restarting the node might fix it if the socket errors do not occur in the same place again.

If you do some google-fu there are some fixes available when these errors occur.

Yours, team swipp

teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:21:47 PM

Exciting development but also wary of the demand this will place on your small team. I don't think any member of teamswipp imaged that they would one day be answering endless, inane support tickets and trying to debug some else's copy-and-paste wallet to get it to work with the SwippSwap system.

If I could make a suggestion, I would not advise that you make it free to list as that might make SwippSwap a dumping ground for every cloned shitcoin out there and make a tonne of work for yourselves. Make it cheap, by all means, but make it something. The difference between free and cheap is infinite.

Not to worry. While we will be helping out, the exchange is not solely developed by the Swipp team. The exchange will be managed and handled by an external business.

While the exchange is centralized, management won't be. The idea is the process of listing a coin will be semi-automated - developers will also have full access to their debug.log so they can help their communities with any wallet problems. Any cryptocurrencies with developers not actively helping users and maintaining their wallets will be disabled. We will pull the source code directly from a public git repo, so any closed source wallets or currencies will not be accepted either.

Listing will still be free though. We need a remedy for the current situation on the market. It is important that devoted development teams without funds can still get their currencies traded. Let's think outside the box and do things a little differently!

Yours, team swipp

Vituscc

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

We have seen this a few times now. Check your debug.log for windows socket errors. When they occur they sometimes leak memory and can make the client function in unpredictable ways... It's completely unrelated to Swipp and is Windows-specific. Restarting the node might fix it if the socket errors do not occur in the same place again.

If you do some google-fu there are some fixes available when these errors occur.

Yours, team swipp
u mean
socket recv error 10054
partner at 89.36.208.103:24055 with version 69200, has starting height of 153043
partner 89.36.208.103:24055 using obsolete version 69200 for height 153043; disconnecting
ProcessMessage(version, 102 bytes) FAILED
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 04:33:06 PM

u mean
socket recv error 10054
partner at 89.36.208.103:24055 with version 69200, has starting height of 153043
partner 89.36.208.103:24055 using obsolete version 69200 for height 153043; disconnecting
ProcessMessage(version, 102 bytes) FAILED

Hi.

Only the socket error is a concern. The rest is not - that's just an old wallet trying to connect to the new chain and being rejected.

Yours, team Swipp

Vituscc

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:59:46 PM

Hi.

Only the socket error is a concern. The rest is not - that's just an old wallet trying to connect to the new chain and being rejected.

Yours, team Swipp
socket recv error 10054 only affects memory leak or something else?
on the other MN there are also such errors, but it works regularly
if it's not difficult to explain the long-awaited wait for the award on new MN
this can disconcert the new MN owners
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:46:23 PM

socket recv error 10054 only affects memory leak or something else?
on the other MN there are also such errors, but it works regularly
if it's not difficult to explain the long-awaited wait for the award on new MN
this can disconcert the new MN owners

It causes everything to function in an unpredictable way. Some users with this error need to restart the node in order for it to start functioning... We belive it might trigger no rewards if the socket error occurs in the initialization phase of the masternode.... Very hard to know for sure, though.

Yours, team Swipp

tross

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:58:12 AM

I get the Error: could not allocate vin/address

I read over all post and tried them all . I looked it is open in the firewall and router port 24055 but when I try a port checker it says closed

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=xx
rpcpassword=xxxxxx
daemon=1
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=24055
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=46.165.191.126:24055
masternodeprivkey=xxxxx

http://cpumining.zapto.org/ <<<<<pow coin mining    http://solominer.ddns.net/<<<<<<< is the place to mine! 
Burstcoin mining POC mining
teamswipp (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 01:06:41 AM

I get the Error: could not allocate vin/address

I read over all post and tried them all . I looked it is open in the firewall and router port 24055 but when I try a port checker it says closed

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=xx
rpcpassword=xxxxxx
daemon=1
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=24055
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=46.165.191.126:24055
masternodeprivkey=xxxxx

Hi.

In plain english, this error simply means that you are using the wrong collateral and the masternode therefore refuses to start. The collateral should have exactly 30k swipp.

Yours, team Swipp

tross

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:10:00 AM

thats weird cause when I created the address I send 30K to it? then let it finish syncing then tried to push start. then tried all that I read

http://cpumining.zapto.org/ <<<<<pow coin mining    http://solominer.ddns.net/<<<<<<< is the place to mine! 
Burstcoin mining POC mining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: