Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Activity & new membergroup limits  (Read 242375 times)
wulfrik

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:14:06 AM

How the number of posts and activity correlate? 1 post=1 activity point?

1 post = 1 activity
Maximum 14 activities every 2 weeks (1 period) even if you make more than 14 posts
Next period starts next Tuesday.
0 post in 1 period = 0 activity in that period 

So in order to achieve Legendary rank you need to be active every single day for 55 periods? This adds to 110 weeks, which is more than 2 years!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:39:07 AM

Yeah baby. Thats why it called Legendary.
Is it still a big deal to have good status on BCT?
Any good airdrops around the corner?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:51:33 AM

How the number of posts and activity correlate? 1 post=1 activity point?

1 post = 1 activity
Maximum 14 activities every 2 weeks (1 period) even if you make more than 14 posts
Next period starts next Tuesday.
0 post in 1 period = 0 activity in that period 

So in order to achieve Legendary rank you need to be active every single day for 55 periods? This adds to 110 weeks, which is more than 2 years!

Never said you have to be active every day  Wink
I just said you need to post in every period which means at least 1 post per period to unlock the possibility to get 14 potential activity. But remember if this post is deleted, you will lose the 14 activities.
Example :
You have 14 activities and you make 1 post in the new period then you will get 15 activities with a potential of 28 which will be achieved whenever you will make the 13 remaining posts even in another period.
Now in the same example, that unique post that you made in that period was deleted then you will lose all 14 activities and your activity will be deducted by 14.
That's why, preferably, you should make many posts per period = 14 days (14 posts to claim the potential activity)
Here is when the periods starts https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA/htmlview?pli=1

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
darknight44

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:30:02 PM

At what point can i add signatures
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:30:46 PM

At what point can i add signatures
At any point. Navigate to your profile and change the settings in Forum Profile Information.

This is a link to that very page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=891453;sa=forumProfile

Note that there are signature restrictions based on your rank.

- Newbie: No styling (including links) allowed. Max 50 characters.
- Jr. Member: Links allowed. Max 150 characters.
- Member: Unlimited length.
- Full: Color allowed.
- Sr. Member: Size allowed
- Hero: Background color allowed

Tanfeu

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:41:05 PM

a newbie cannot add any signature ?
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:22:20 PM

a newbie cannot add any signature ?

Just read the post above you if you didn't pay attention on the first post. It is written :
Newbie: No styling (including links) allowed. Max 50 characters.
So yes you can put a signature but with limited features.

mnafta

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:58:28 AM

Hey,

I have been a member since August (for 6 months and 1 day to be exact) but only started posting actively more recently. I have been asked to make some ANN threads in the Russian forum and I need 2 more activity points in order to be able to post pictures. It's really important that I can include pictures in it. I already made one I believe 2 weeks ago and it looks great but it would look much better with pictures. This other coin's ANN thread would not be adequate without pictures. I have the post written up but don't want to submit it without them.

I have 36 posts but my activity seems to be stuck at 28. Can someone help me figure this out? I'd like to make the post as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do?

I like to believe my posts are all on topic, diversified in terms of which forums I post in, and helpful or at least further the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your help!
bemchan

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:34:43 AM

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Rough summary of what this means: If you post once per day on average, then you will eventually get the maximum number of activity points that you can get. Posting more than once per day on average is useless for increasing activity. The maximum number of activity points you can get is 1 per day, but your activity score only updates every two weeks. Therefore, it will take about 100 days to get 100 activity if you post once per day on average.

Activity is updated every hour.

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Memberactivity: 30
Memberactivity: 60
Full Memberactivity: 120
Sr. Memberactivity: 240
Hero Memberactivity: 480
Legendaryoccurs randomly between 775 and 1030 activity

I'm not 100% sure that the membergroups work correctly. Tell me if you see any bugs.

thanks for the information . now i know what is the ranking system, safety guidelines for this forum . Many thanks to the TS cheers Cool
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:01:36 AM

I have 36 posts but my activity seems to be stuck at 28. Can someone help me figure this out? I'd like to make the post as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do?

You are a Jr. Member now as you have just posted in your 3rd activity period. Read the OP of this thread to see how activity is calculated.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hao2067755834

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:26 AM

Now that I know the upgrade rules of BBS, and I already know what is correct, I think I will work towards "Legendary"! Grades mean more rewards! Grades mean more opportunities!

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
CryptoRyuzaki

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:31:51 AM

Hey,

I have been a member since August (for 6 months and 1 day to be exact) but only started posting actively more recently. I have been asked to make some ANN threads in the Russian forum and I need 2 more activity points in order to be able to post pictures. It's really important that I can include pictures in it. I already made one I believe 2 weeks ago and it looks great but it would look much better with pictures. This other coin's ANN thread would not be adequate without pictures. I have the post written up but don't want to submit it without them.

I like to believe my posts are all on topic, diversified in terms of which forums I post in, and helpful or at least further the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Activity updates every hour and not immediately. Now, your activity is at 42 Smiley
CryptoRyuzaki

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 02:15:51 AM

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Rough summary of what this means: If you post once per day on average, then you will eventually get the maximum number of activity points that you can get. Posting more than once per day on average is useless for increasing activity. The maximum number of activity points you can get is 1 per day, but your activity score only updates every two weeks. Therefore, it will take about 100 days to get 100 activity if you post once per day on average.

Activity is updated every hour.

I have couple of questions - In above post, there are two statements:
1. "your activity score only updates every two weeks"
2. "Activity is updated every hour."

Is the activity updated every hour or once every two weeks?

The 2nd question I have is on how time is calculated.

I joined this forum roughly 10 days ago and by above formula, my time value should be 1 and Activity value should be 14. But my activity value is currently 28. Is the above formula changed since it was originally posted?

May I know when my activity value will reach 30 to become Jr Member?

Thanks!
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 07:40:31 AM

The activity will increase by 14 every two weeks. And after you make the first post in the new period, it will took up to 1 hour to see the new activity count in your profile.

I joined this forum roughly 10 days ago and by above formula, my time value should be 1 and Activity value should be 14. But my activity value is currently 28. Is the above formula changed since it was originally posted?

It is not calculated like this. It is based on periods.
For example for you, you joined in the previous period which ended Tuesday. That's mean you have posted on 2 periods, that's why you have 14 (activity) x 2 (2 periods) =28.
Now if we took the example of someone joining after Tuesday, he needs to wait 2 weeks before his activity increases.

You need to wait until Tuesday - January 30, 2018
More informations about when periods start could be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA/htmlview?pli=1

CryptoRyuzaki

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 09:25:09 AM

The activity will increase by 14 every two weeks. And after you make the first post in the new period, it will took up to 1 hour to see the new activity count in your profile.

For example for you, you joined in the previous period which ended Tuesday. That's mean you have posted on 2 periods, that's why you have 14 (activity) x 2 (2 periods) =28.
Now if we took the example of someone joining after Tuesday, he needs to wait 2 weeks before his activity increases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA/htmlview?pli=1

Thanks for the detailed explanation @InvoKing! Your answer clearly explains all the questions that I had.
mihej

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:40:00 AM

It's pretty crazy, but having a higher membership status on bitcointalk actually starts to equate to a higher status in the real world(if working in the crypto-space), or even more money (airdrops). Pretty cool!
themystick

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

eHarvestHub

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:07:39 AM

It's looking pretty interesting. From newbie to Full member is looking easy but, from full member to Hero is looking too hard. Logicccc

InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:10:25 AM

So if i am to understand correctly this updates approx every hour or so??

I just wrote a clear explanation 4 posts above you about this confusing statement which was even quoted!
Read carefully what was said by members...

InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:15:49 PM

So after you get past legendary....do you become a mod =)

No.
Legendary is the highest rank level that you can achieve here. The others are just a privilege.
Staff/mods get chosen by admins.
Take a look at theymos for example he is administrator and legendary. On the other hand, you can be a staff member with a hero rank, it depends in your participation and achievement here.

Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:30:11 AM

will a member rank slide down?

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: