Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or ICO  (Read 2276 times)
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:23:42 AM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink

you have to speculate, both potentially making you fortune even rich. so I guess you should take the time and learn about ico and trade.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:06:07 AM

i prefer to trade than joining ICO because in trading you actually hold everything you invested in and you are incharge if its going to give you gain or loss.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:12:15 AM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink
I am glad you have made research about the ICOs projects before invest into them, it is very good to anticipating something bad happen to your investment, don't forget you must make calculating about the losing money in the ICOs projects too. In my personal opinions i made investment in trading alternative coins for short term investment ( it is main source of the bitcoin) and for middle term of investment i made investment in the ICOs projects usually getting profit couples months later.
Stella27

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:08:44 AM

I think there is a higher risk in investing in ICO, but a greater profit if it would succeed. In short, you have to learn and study the project so that you would know if it would work or not. As per trading, you have a n assurance because the coin youll be investing is already in the market, so you would know which of the coins have the possibilty to increase the value. So if i were, try both, that way, you would know which strategy you are good at
shan05

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:21:49 AM

I think i would go for trading, although ico can give a big profitprofit once the project is successful. But it has higher risk. Trading is good and if you know how to play with it,  you will gain more.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
faragly

Activity: 588
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

Soon there will be changes and invest in ICO will have to be wisely as before. Yes, that soon, not all investments in new projects right now justify themselves. New ICO reduce the hardcap. For example, Oracles (POA) updated the target to 12.5 million instead of the previously announced 25 million.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:35:19 AM

For now will advice you to study the market. Know how to analyse coins and ICO. lastly diversify your portfolio
yep study the market and prediction from expert, There is always article in cointelegraph about pricing prediction. Better to read often so that when trading will be confident to make profit. ICO is another way to grow your money, be careful to dump and pump coin or token.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:51:18 AM

Trading can also give you rich if you are good trader and know how to read graph and analyst it. In ICO patient and hardworking applied it can bring also rich to you if your are enchance it focus it.
black45

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:03:12 AM

yes, sure ICO so interesting to investing your amount, but u must analysis threat at there so many phising and scam, but if yout project succes u will get bigger profit from trading. if u doing trading to invest your are money i think will safety, but how much profit will u get thats all depend from your market analysis and how much your investing
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 02:48:26 PM

if I choose trading or ICO I prefer trading than ICO
because there have been many bad ICO cases, it also ends back to trading as well
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:53:34 PM

you can invest in bitcoin and altcoin. I think you can invest on ico and certainly for bitcoin. so I think now all you have to do is, spend some time and research on what you will invest.
billsted86

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

yes of course trading, because trading earnings bigger and bigger. if ICO is not too big. but, if asked better choose both to be fortunately also double. If you think how guys? Trading or ICO.
mercer007

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:56:44 AM

Both
sky24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:01:03 AM

If you are looking to invest in an ICO I would say check out Propthereum.io. They are an upcoming asset backed ICo on the blockchain and are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. Proceeds raised from their ICO will be used to purchase A-grade property worldwide generating a rental income and underlying value for the PTC token holder. This means that the coin will always increase in value!
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

If you have that amount to invest, try to have 75% of that will go to ico, because as you said, you have some research about those ico. And the remaining 25% is try to participate in trading because as what you said, you are newbie in trading that is why have some small amount in it to try master the trading or gaining profit in trading while learning
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

I think you can choose both, my opinion is to invest in many places but it should have certain safety and less risk. $5000 is a big money and you qualify to try both trading and investing in ICO. However, before investing you also need a bit of knowledge. ICO projects are becoming more and more, so you need to learn thoroughly to make the right decision. As for trade, you are a newbie. I recommend learning more knowledge and techniques to gain experience, do not spend too much money on the initial steps because you can lose more. This is just my advice, wish you success Cheesy
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:46:52 AM

for now maybe ICO is trend, and good for investment. but trading is also very good. whichever you choose which one. all in your hands;)
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:08:10 AM

Trading is profitable if you know the game! Investing everything in one thing is wrong imo. If you do so, then the risk is greater, so having said this, it would be wiser if you share your investments and minimise the risk effect.
The risk is everywhere though, whether your investing in an ICO or if your trading Bitcoin and Altcoins.

I would recommend doing both, trading is good now, especially with segwit out of the way. Investing in ICO's is also profitable, start with joining a bounty program and collect Airdrops from these programs to start you off.
How about checking trade.io here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0

Your main goal should be to study whatever it is your getting yourself into, and be cautious of the scams that exist in the cryptoworld, because everyone is out there to make money.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:22:49 AM

Trading is profitable if you know the game! Investing everything in one thing is wrong imo. If you do so, then the risk is greater, so having said this, it would be wiser if you share your investments and minimise the risk effect.
The risk is everywhere though, whether your investing in an ICO or if your trading Bitcoin and Altcoins.

I would recommend doing both, trading is good now, especially with segwit out of the way. Investing in ICO's is also profitable, start with joining a bounty program and collect Airdrops from these programs to start you off.
How about checking trade.io here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0

Your main goal should be to study whatever it is your getting yourself into, and be cautious of the scams that exist in the cryptoworld, because everyone is out there to make money.

Trading is best for now because ICO takes a long term investment and ICO also is 90% scam based in the news that I read. The only hard for trading is that you need to be updated from time to time.Be sure also to ask your friends advice if your knew to trading just to be sure. Trading is good and can give you a big profit if you master it. And lastly, just trade what you can afford to loose.
rytyr

Activity: 473
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

Why not both? I've seen there started to pop up refundable ICO's. If you invest and they don't perform as you'd like, can ask for a refund and do go trading. I'm looking into something like that with Angel Token.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: