Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or ICO  (Read 2276 times)
Hodll

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:16:00 AM

I think the best strategy is to go 50/50 ,try and get some established coins to invest in while at the same time keeping an eye on unique upcoming ico's. Market research is a must in this crypto game, and as always feasible tech, real world use then your on to a winner.
chimnon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:22:07 AM

To get huge profit, Let's invest to lending coin. And remember don't put all eggs to a bag...
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:14:46 PM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink
Studying the market does help some but it would all be worthless if there isn't any action done after that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:34:07 PM

The safer course is trading, you can not fall right away, but there are fewer opportunities to earn
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:34:23 PM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink
That is something what you need to decide yourself.
Do a lots of reading first, hold that 5000$ until you are sure that you know what is ICO and what are risks of investing in it and what is trading and what are risks of trading.
You can go with both as well.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:37:02 PM

Perhaps, investing ICO project is a good one. Just invest in the ico project that has a KYC rules, because that token for sure will increase after the ico campaign then once being distribute the token to the investors and list in the exchanger it will multiply more than x2 or more.
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:37:25 PM

Investing in ICO at this stage you play roulette because now even promising coins are falling very much
realisto

Activity: 126

Real estate investment on the blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:54:05 PM

5000$ is a lot of money, but keep in mind the biggest gains with most of the popular currencies have already happend (ETH, LTC etc.) so if you invest now your chance of a huge return like you would have received if you had bought ETH early this year is a lot less likely to happen then back when those currencies were "undervalued", if you now buy in you won´t have the same leverage since the increases in price are still huge compared to classic investments but the chance for 200-400% growth seems smaller with established coins right now. (personal opinion, not the majority opinion). Also keep in mind if the price goes down just after you have bought you will loose a sizable share of your 5000$ on paper (if you dont panic sell since those 5000$ are closer to your heart than you initially thought).

The Other option is investing in ICOs, like with every investment you should stick to grandmas words "never lay all your eggs in one basket".
Research 4-5 ICOs, and i mean really research them, think about their business case, about their real world competition ( most regular people don´t know what the blockchain is, even less so do they know they need it in their life as a customer) and then invest into your top list.
If you do that, you will become a pint-sized venture capitalist, sounds good right?
Just keep in mind you will invest heavily in the founders and their idea of a mainly not yet finished product - this can be the best thing ever (think microsoft,google,amazon,facebook) but i could also be a complete loss like that DVD+ player you bought instead of a Blue-ray player (if you don´t get that reference it is a clear sign i am to old).

With Trading you will have to invest a lot of time constantly, otherwise you will rely on stop loss&take profit orders which could ruin you if you don´t watch them carefully (google gdax ETH flash crash for further reading) and with ICOs you have to take a leap of faith into the founders and them chasing their dream, partly with your money.

I would prefer you invest into ICOs, but maybe because I am part of an upcoming ICO myself, so take that with a grain of salt.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353634.0

ManavKalyan

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:09:55 PM

Both are good as long you make the right picks but the fact is no one is a 100% lucky with their picks. When you're not, you might just choose to wait it out.
Both are risky if you do not do your due diligence. ICOs have given 10X returns in the past but that isn't the case anymore. I prefer trading even if it gives me smaller margins  but they are consistent. Like many have mentioned diversification is a good idea. 
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:15:36 PM

You can lose your money like in ICO and in trade. Better learn the area. A lot of knowledge will help you have more profit!

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:23:02 PM

Honestly with only $500 i would choose trading a coin on a legitimate exchange. The odds are higher than you do well than gambling on an unknown ICO which odds are might not even hit the exchange.
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:26:01 PM

Trading is more profitable in my opinion, when you partcipe in a ICO you are not always sure to recover the invested amount.
Buy when you trade everything is in your hand and if you diversify well your portfollio your interest can grow very fast, trading is better when you participate in a ICO they keep your funds for one month at least and you can loose money if the price if the price does not increase or worse if they dont deliver your coin, in the second case you will have been stolen
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:30:29 PM

Trading is more profitable in my opinion, when you partcipe in a ICO you are not always sure to recover the invested amount.
Buy when you trade everything is in your hand and if you diversify well your portfollio your interest can grow very fast, trading is better when you participate in a ICO they keep your funds for one month at least and you can loose money if the price if the price does not increase or worse if they dont deliver your coin, in the second case you will have been stolen

Investing in projects is sometimes very profitable, yet you can't control this and you can't know the result. With trading, you develop your trading skills and then you earn as you developed yourself. You can control what you're doing in trading.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:30:59 PM

Perhaps, investing ICO project is a good one. Just invest in the ico project that has a KYC rules, because that token for sure will increase after the ico campaign then once being distribute the token to the investors and list in the exchanger it will multiply more than x2 or more.
ICO with KYC rules? Why would that be a good investment?
Anyone who is running ICO can request personal information and say that they need it because of some kind of regulation and only gather personal information of investors. KYC requirement could reject investors from investing in project.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:56:52 PM

ICO with KYC rules? Why would that be a good investment?
Anyone who is running ICO can request personal information and say that they need it because of some kind of regulation and only gather personal information of investors. KYC requirement could reject investors from investing in project.
Yes for sure KYC rules is a good sign to invest in ICO. this coins are more attractive then others and they are very serious on their funds and team development. i was participating one of ICO that has KYC and waiting for a sold out.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:37:59 PM

for now, since I'm just starting out at bitcoin, I'm still focusing on ICOs and bounty campaigns. And when I have accumulated funds, I can go into trading.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:43:06 PM

Join in the ICO is like a gamble, you need to wait till the token become a dragon or it gonna scam on you
But in trading, its just matter of time, its investment, up and down

Dont forget, over here you can get more, follow the airdrop or bounties, i think its even more profitable
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:50:36 AM

Dont invest all your money in just one way. Try diversifying your investments, it will minimize the risks, there is always a risk involved either with investing in ICOs or with trading BTC and altcoins.
Also there is so many fake ICOs and scam projects, make your careful research before investing.
Diversifying always help in spreading risks. Normally, since that is all I have or I have set aside to invest into crypto, then I will take some part of it and invest into BTC and some other top coins that I trust to deliver after looking at the charts over the years and then HODL.

Little part of it can be spread into ICOs as they are a very good way to really make some good profit if you do some good research to invest into the right project and then the rest can go into trading after I have learnt all that it is needed to know about trading safely and efficiently. With this, the OP can never get it wrong.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

I saw few times that on etherdelta coins cost cheaper than on ICO. So better buy coins after ICO end.
But it is only if project on ethereum.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:46:44 AM

For me the most profitable is Trading but you need alot of knowledge in analyzing and speculating the market because trading is just like a strategy game you have so many oponents here specially big investors you need to know what happens next on the market and trading is too very risky for the newbie so if you're newbie you need to invest only small amount of money, In ICO you don't need have much knowledge to learn you just need to analyze if that ICO is good and Legitimate so many Icos are turning into scam and developers running the funds so make sure that the ico you belong are have so many good reviews from other big investors and you need to wait for few months to get your money unlike trading you can sell it anytime depends on you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: