Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or ICO  (Read 2276 times)
Urban Crypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:19:31 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 11:57:39 AM by Urban Crypto

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink

That is the million dollar question (or $5,000).  I think it is a combination of both.

There is a great PreSale open, Pareto Network.  They aim at giving Crypto investors real actionable trading news to help you grow your crypto profits.

Check out their thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367454.0

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
Nonakryse

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

For the love of God try not to trade if you can. It's very dangerous and you are likely to lose a lot of money. What you can do is invest in ICO's as you have already suggested, which will definitely increase your chances of making a profit (if you are good at picking the right project), but that really depends on you. Trading involved a lot of stress and there are days were you can experience restless nights, unable to think, eat or sleep, if your money depends on it. ICO's from the other hand are offering some long-term investment, which you don't have to monitor all the time, you can simply invest in what you believe in and wait until that thing either materializes or not. Stick with ICO's is my opinion, trading is very tricky and can get you destroyed in no time.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:54:06 AM

Trading is profitable if you know the game! Investing everything in one thing is wrong imo. If you do so, then the risk is greater, so having said this, it would be wiser if you share your investments and minimise the risk effect.
The risk is everywhere though, whether your investing in an ICO or if your trading Bitcoin and Altcoins.

I would recommend doing both, trading is good now, especially with segwit out of the way. Investing in ICO's is also profitable, start with joining a bounty program and collect Airdrops from these programs to start you off.
How about checking trade.io here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0

Your main goal should be to study whatever it is your getting yourself into, and be cautious of the scams that exist in the cryptoworld, because everyone is out there to make money.

Trading is best for now because ICO takes a long term investment and ICO also is 90% scam based in the news that I read. The only hard for trading is that you need to be updated from time to time.Be sure also to ask your friends advice if your knew to trading just to be sure. Trading is good and can give you a big profit if you master it. And lastly, just trade what you can afford to loose.

Have you ask people what the recent dip in ALtcoin prices have done to their portfolio, alot of traders are in red, what happen in this space is that you see people talk more about the profit the are making in trading than the loss they have incurred
GubiMixa1292

Activity: 137

⚽️⚽️FIFA Fan Battle Toke

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:03:39 AM

I think you should invest in trading. New ICO in these day have high risk, but it will bring you good profit if that ICO success with their project. If you new to this crypto market, you should just trading. Dont invest in ICO if you dont know anything.

⚽️⚽️FIFA Fan Battle Token (FFB)⚽️⚽️
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:49:32 AM

ICO investment is too risky because some of them are scam. If you will trade in, you must to expand your knowledge on how to trade in.
usm1000

Activity: 191

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:58:46 AM

I think if you want big and safe profit without much risk invest in ico only but see ico its scam or not and if you want to trading you can try it but my advice use small capital aja first
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:09:40 AM

Trading is best option rather then ICO as new ICO will take time to implement their project and no one knows that project will survive or not. In trading, all listed coins have some background behind them and acceptable by investors and with your proper study, you can find a gem.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:21:43 AM

Trading is always batter than ICO. But trading needs  experience. Some ICO are good enough. So invest in both way.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:25:14 AM

Trading is more profitable than ICO and if I were to choose between both I'd rather trade with a much well researched coin than an ICO that is unsure yet if it will make it in the future.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:25:57 AM

Trading is always batter than ICO. But trading needs  experience. Some ICO are good enough. So invest in both way.

Just as you mentioned, trading needs experience, I think ico needs more experience since you do not have much former information about this project, while in trading ,you can see some information about the market performance.
huoxuanjyphl591

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:28:33 AM

Just as you mentioned, trading needs experience, I think ico needs more experience since you do not have much former information about this project, while in trading ,you can see some information about the market performance.
Considering the market environment, i think ico is not the best choice now, you can buy new tokens when they hit an exchange with lower price. But, of course, there are some very hot projects like RDN, ico is a better choice.

DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:30:55 AM

Why don't you divide it into two? The first half is for trading and the other half is for ICO. Just to be safe. But if you studied the ICOs you are going to invest in and you found out that those are good ICOs and not a scam, then go invest all of your money. It's all your decision, after all.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:36:50 AM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink
Most of the ICO nowadays are scam and only some of the ICO is porfitable and trusted. I think it is better if you will do trading. But you are still newbie so it is good for you if you will study first the information about trading.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:51:04 AM

if you has knowledge about trading I think trading is profitable but still has risk you can secure that about risk
but if you not has knowledge ICO can be some way to make profit but you must get information accurate about that ICO
ICO can scam or loss value of coin/tokens
trade can make you loss

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Blackcloud

Activity: 111

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:53:54 AM

It takes a lot of effort to learn trading and become profitable. Even experienced traders lost money a lot of time, especially in this market. For ICO, it's more in your control as you can research about the team and the project before making a decision.

Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:10:06 AM

Just focus on trading because ICOs are all just about presentations to lure you and they already making that it's price is like this or like that but then it will just going to be tanked down terribly when it hit exchanges.
chimnon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:27:53 AM

I think you should invest $500 to practice first, When you learn how to get profit from this money, then invest more
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:44:31 AM

I personally do both, trading is one to get short-term profits. and investment for the long term, so I think this is about the problem of knowledge. if you have more knowledge about trading and crypto you will do the same.

babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:23:54 AM

both can be done, and both can produce a decent profit, but both require knowledge and experience, as others have said. but if I am, I will try to trade first in small quantities, if you want to invest in an ico you have to really analyze the project, whether the project can be profitable in the future
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:05:49 AM

If you are newbie I prefer you to don't try that both.
because your too early to do that risky thing.
but if I can choose , I suggest you to learn trading , so you can make a profit with your own without depend to the others.
so first thing you must do is learn this article https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/04/30/tutorial-altcoin-flipping-cryptocurrency-trading-strategies-always-win/. if your mind already opened. Don't be doubt to begin.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: