Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] First 500Gh/s BFL unit up and running!  (Read 30794 times)
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:40:03 PM

If you only plug in one of the power supplies, does the device still function but only running up half the boards at 250GH/s?

Just thinking about if a breaker trips.

Since this rig is running with a USB hub inside, yes, that is exactly what will happen.

When they start using xlink, it will depend on if the master board is taken out or not so if one PSU goes down, you could lose the whole rig.
I thought they had already been told about this problem at one of the trade shows?

Why have they not fixed this to date?
I'm pretty sure everyone considers it more important to get it delivered and mining...
Apparently not...
Hello fellow bitcoiners,

It has come to my attention that there are multiple BFL customers with early orders who would like to part with some of their 500Gh/s units. The reasons are numerus, from not having enough power to run the units to some wanting to not have to deal with mining.

I would like to get a feeling from the community if any of you are interested in purchasing these units.

My roll in this is strictly as a broker / escrow / single point of contact for handling all queries and sales.

The 500Gh/s units are offered at $150k each with payment in BTC preferred.

If you have any questions, you can ask them by PM or in this thread.

Best,
James

He's apparently already trying to sell orders (as a broker or not) for more than it is worth. What does that tell you?

Wow $150,000 for something that initially was priced at $30,000 and had originally twice the specified hash speed?

Fucking lawlz!

So, trying to stay in the realm of a plausible reality..what do you think a 500GH/s unit--in hand--should go for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:41:10 PM

I was being completely serious with my 75,000 offer.  I think that is a very fair value given all the variables. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

If you only plug in one of the power supplies, does the device still function but only running up half the boards at 250GH/s?

Since this rig is running with a USB hub inside, yes, that is exactly what will happen.

When they start using xlink, it will depend on if the master board is taken out or not so if one PSU goes down, you could lose the whole rig.
I thought they had already been told about this problem at one of the trade shows?

I'm pretty sure everyone considers it more important to get it delivered and mining...
Apparently not...
Hello fellow bitcoiners,

It has come to my attention that there are multiple BFL customers with early orders who would like to part with some of their 500Gh/s units. The reasons are numerus, from not having enough power to run the units to some wanting to not have to deal with mining.

I would like to get a feeling from the community if any of you are interested in purchasing these units.

My roll in this is strictly as a broker / escrow / single point of contact for handling all queries and sales.

Best,
James

He's apparently already trying to sell orders (as a broker or not) for more than it is worth. What does that tell you?

Wow $150,000 for something that initially was priced at $30,000 and had originally twice the specified hash speed?

Fucking lawlz!

So, trying to stay in the realm of a plausible reality..what do you think a 500GH/s unit--in hand--should go for?

Weren't they mean't to be 3x this at 1.5Th?! What happened?? I thought buyers got 3x these for $30k which would be a $420k profit. It's those silly damn calculators man, people are selling at today's market rate assuming future stability and ignoring incoming exponential hashrate increase. When these guys originally purchased these there was only BFL and few other interested parties...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:20:40 PM

^you have to factor in possible price change also. Value of BTC could go back to $200+ with all the angel investors/start-ups/media attention..Ebay/Paypal looking into integration...etc
jcpham

Activity: 165

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

I was being completely serious with my 75,000 offer.  I think that is a very fair value given all the variables. 

i remember when the fpga minirig was for sale for $40,000, so these prices seem totally plausible given previous gigavps quotes Wink
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

I am not selling my equipment, I'm mining with it.  Tongue

Am I missing something here?  Huh
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:35:00 PM

I ordered 1.5 TH/s in March of this year. I'm having them sent to a hosting facility in Kansas, one of the BFL affiliate ones. I was looking to sell one of the three units, to pay for a chip buy. Does it seem like something you'd be interested in? I assume they were be produced and shipped by August, but you know BFL...
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:17:07 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 11:46:25 PM by Bitcoinorama

^you have to factor in possible price change also. Value of BTC could go back to $200+ with all the angel investors/start-ups/media attention..Ebay/Paypal looking into integration...etc

Perhaps, but that's speculation, as is the fact BTC price will lower as miners look to recover ROI in ASICs, as well as those that need to offload coins for USD, as they idiotically risked debt to finance speculation in ASIC hardware...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:42:05 PM

Apparently not...
Hello fellow bitcoiners,

Best,
James

Fucking lawlz!

Weren't they mean't to be 3x this at 1.5Th?! What happened?? I thought buyers got 3x these for $30k which would be a $420k profit. It's those silly damn calculators man, people are selling at today's market rate assuming future stability and ignoring incoming exponential hashrate increase. When these guys originally purchased these there was only BFL and few other interested parties...
Indeed, they are.

The only thing I see though is that people that are selling are very hardcore believers in the exponential hash rate increase....otherwise they would not be selling it now.

They seem to get wind that there is going to be a huge problem and are getting out of it as fast as possible.

It is logical, that if it produces that much money, they would be keeping it and running it for themselves. Instead they are taking some poor sucker to the cleaners so they can probably reposition themselves with even better hardware.

-------------------

Lets say GigaVPS brokers the deals, some part of that is going to be his. If a 1.5Th unit goes for 450k, I can only imagine GigaVPS taking a good chunk of that fortune in the sale as brokerage fees.

He will get to upgrade his farm in quite a big way no matter how you look at it. But it will be on the backs of someone who is going to be paying 450k for it. Making oneself rich while making someone else poor by the same amount.

IMO, it all a pretty obvious naked scam. If you do the math, the price of BTC would have to (at the very least double 2 possibly 3 times over the next year and remain sustained for this to be viable.

Can it happen, sure. Is it likely? I wouldn't know. I don't think that much money will enter the exchanges to support that kind of price point. It's possible, but it a VERY long shot.

I used to think the price of BTC would be 1k by summer. Well it isn't. I dunno what to say other than good luck to the goofballs that are willing to sink half a million into that deal. They really are going to need it.

------------------------------

To add: If 95% of the user base abandons BitCoin and moves on to other coins...then BitCoin itself will not sustain itself.

BitCoin is only as good in value and usability as the people who actually use it.

Think about it, what would you do if BitCoins were incredibly hard to mine and obtain?
You would move to another coin wouldn't you?
What happens with your ASIC if you decide to go elsewhere?
You'd sell it. What happens to the price of the hardware if 1,000 other sellers decide to do the same every day? The resale value of the hardware nose dives.

What if you cannot buy another ASIC for another type of cryptocoin due to the current hardwares depreciating value?

You'd have to go back to using CC payments or re-enter yet another companies pre-order scheme to get that particular ASIC developed. Months or a year down the road.

------------------------------

In the meantime, there is a strong possibility that the BitCoin user base migrates away from BTC to use "the next Coin". If the perceived value or usability of BTC goes down the tubes, there is a fair possibility the money will start rushing out of the exchanges for that particular coin to another (or a series of other coins).

Liquidity dries up and then you have a major problem.

There is a possibility that BTC will still remain viable and retain it's value if people move away from buying whole coins to just fractions of a coin. If that does turn out to be case, then even if people cannot mine BTC to the same degree as before, you will still have a useful market rate for a given fraction of a coin.

In which case, buying ASIC's is not the best strategy. Buying BitCoins would be.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:48:31 PM

I used to think the price of BTC would be 1k by summer. Well it isn't.

To add: If 95% of the user base abandons BitCoin and moves on to other coins...then BitCoin itself will not sustain itself.

BitCoin is only as good in value and usability as the people who actually use it.

Think about it, what would you do if BitCoins were incredibly hard to mine and obtain?
Wow - did you read what you typed?

Seriously?

You have no idea what bitcoin is do you Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:02:17 AM

Seriously?

I am dyslexic.

But other than that, there is nothing wrong with it Kano.

Are you still mad about yesterday?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:51:43 AM

Seriously?

I am dyslexic.

But other than that, there is nothing wrong with it Kano.

Are you still mad about yesterday?
What happened yesterday?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:42:38 AM

Kano and Puerto get a room already and get it over with.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:40:47 PM

Lets say GigaVPS brokers the deals, some part of that is going to be his. If a 1.5Th unit goes for 450k, I can only imagine GigaVPS taking a good chunk of that fortune in the sale as brokerage fees.

He will get to upgrade his farm in quite a big way no matter how you look at it. But it will be on the backs of someone who is going to be paying 450k for it. Making oneself rich while making someone else poor by the same amount.

IMO, it all a pretty obvious naked scam.

It may be a poor deal on the buying end. But that does not make it a scam. Actual fraud is a required element for something to be a scam.

Where is the fraud in this deal?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
melmo

Activity: 213

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:12:56 PM

Maybe an octagon Smiley
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:42:08 AM

Maybe an octagon Smiley

♫Mortal Combat music starts playing♫

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:44:22 AM

IMO, it all a pretty obvious naked scam.

It may be a poor deal on the buying end. But that does not make it a scam. Actual fraud is a required element for something to be a scam.

I have to agree. There is no fraud involved in offering to sell a mini-rig for a ludicrous price.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:42:39 AM

I have to agree. There is no fraud involved in offering to sell a mini-rig for a ludicrous price.
Then you'd agree that Multi-Level Marketing is completely legitimate for that very same reason.

Right? Everyone wins in an MLM! Wink

If you tell your buyer that the odds they may only make the money back in 1/1000th chance. Then there is no scam because you didn't misrepresent anything.

If you tell the buyer, hey you know what? I want you to buy this from me for 450k but I don't really think it will make you any cash up to that amount. Again that is not a scam.

If you tell the buyer, hey you know what? You will totally (for sure) make the 450k back. That is why I am selling it to you....Wink

Then you might be misrepresenting an opportunity. Therefore creating unlikely expectations to take their money and run.

In either case, it is just "my opinion".
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:47:15 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 02:02:52 AM by PuertoLibre

I will sell my Avalon batch #1 for 800 BTC.

Yes, you heard that right. Why? Well because if a 1.5 TH machine will make oodles of money, then why in the world would you not make back 800BTC?

Its in hand, full escrow...go on, buy it from me at that price.

It's like I am letting you "steal it" from me for that amount.... Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy

450k x 3 in profits? = Millionaire? (1,350,000 USD) for 1.5TH

Money, Mo' Money! = 1,500 / 71 = ~1/21 the hashing power

Therefore 1,350,000 / 21 = ~65kUSD

--------------------

Now why are you waiting to get mildly rich? BUY IT NOW!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:56:13 AM

Then you'd agree that Multi-Level Marketing is completely legitimate for that very same reason.

Right? Everyone wins in an MLM! Wink

MLMs require that more people enter the system for all to benefit. Most MLMs make money selling to their sales people instead of end users.
If the MLM does not have a minimum purchase amount to become a re-seller, then it is not "scammy".

Here, the mini-rig is a well defined item in terms of capabilities. Simple maths can give you an estimate of it's earning potential.
If you still choose to pay an exorbitant price to be the owner of a mini-rig, that is not a scam. It is merely a bad decision.

A fraud would require the seller to misrepresent the item in some way. Other than price, power draw, and hashing capability, there is little to describe about the product. If the buyer cannot do the math, that really is not the sellers fault.

I am offering an AMD 7950 for 500 BTC. PM me if interested.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: