Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?  (Read 1758 times)
ledu_ico (OP)

Activity: 1250
Merit: 100

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:31:30 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Website design?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kittie11

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:25:45 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

The one who caught my eye is Propthereum.io. They are an upcoming asset backed coin. If you are interested in investing in ICOs, i suggest you check them out. They are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. Definitely worth checking!
ledu_ico (OP)

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

The one who caught my eye is Propthereum.io. They are an upcoming asset backed coin. If you are interested in investing in ICOs, i suggest you check them out. They are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. Definitely worth checking!

That wasn't my question, was it? Smiley

glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:34:26 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

That wasn't my question, was it? Smiley

That made me lol.

For me the most important is the team and the product. First and foremost I value the idea to create something unique, an emerging technology that the world will need (think SONM) in years to come. Any great idea can be just a dream if the team is not skilled enough to deliver.

The whitepaper can be full of crap, and a good website doesn't trick anyone.

That being said, a lot of ICO's, like a lot of non crypto startups, will fail. There isn't much you can do about it, but the gains can be good. So, will you risk it for the biscuit?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:37:06 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

Is out of question the whitepaper, and the tream.
Trade.io is a good example of a good ICO
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

It depends a lot, icos are having bad fame during those days because a lot of them have become scam during the last few weeks because of all those forks that have been running during the last time.
But one thing that makes me invest into an ico is the Whitepaper, the developers team and of course, the whole community that it has.
Maybe the project and the return that it is going to give me in a few months after i invest, but it is not the most important thing, we want a solid project.

Hello
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:37:26 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

I have been trying to gauge how well their system is going to work for increasing the value of their tokens. If the whitepaper or website is poorly done, then that is usually a red flag to me for how well the ICO will be executed. I have limited knowledge of the best people working in the industry, so I usually have to Google the team members and see what that leads to. I would say overall for me, it is the product and the system built in to increase the value of the tokens over time.
ledu_ico (OP)

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:31:01 AM

It depends a lot, icos are having bad fame during those days because a lot of them have become scam during the last few weeks because of all those forks that have been running during the last time.
But one thing that makes me invest into an ico is the Whitepaper, the developers team and of course, the whole community that it has.
Maybe the project and the return that it is going to give me in a few months after i invest, but it is not the most important thing, we want a solid project.

Problem is that many don't have an already built community before their ICO, it is mostly bought when they start the ICO, of course, there are some exceptions but they are rare.

rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:42:40 AM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

always learn and follow your own decision where is the best for you to invest your money you have freedom for yourself to choose good for your investment, but i suggest with you always study your plan.

Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:50:12 AM

Project team! My fav one so far is the ARtoken team... I like how they work so far (the company who is behind the project, called Cappasity, they've already done a lot, so you can really see the work progress)... Btw I also think their goals and concept look realistic!  Can you imagine what will happen to the AR/ VR industry in the next 5-10 years? These are the technologies that will change the entertainment industry!
ComicCoinCap

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:50:32 AM

Look at the people who are involved with said ICO, and how much backing it has from investors and businesses.
Cryptos that aim to speed up transactions stand out, since many coins are staying on the ethereum blockchain, which handles transactions very slowly.
I feel strongly that altcoins will have a place alongside bitcoin, but im skeptical about there being a gillion altcoins in the market. I think a lot of altcoins will die due to not being able to be traded efficiently, but companies looking to enhance the blockchain and make it faster and more secure are worth looking at. Cybermiles is creating a blockchain that will be built off of open source software that can be easily changed and updated, and gives back to the developer community at the same time. Cybermiles wants their blockchain to be the standard for small companies that want to get their dApp online with little complexity and quick transactions. They are essentially making better what Ethereum is trying to do, and is setting their price at 1ETH for 7000CMT, so to buy CMT you need to buy and exchange Ethereum for it.

Look at their white pages. ICOs you want to invest in are the ones that are proposing enormous changes, and have proof of enormous support, much like Cybermiles.

In short, it is all of those things. Also a good website is informative and will make all of their information easily acceptable, ideally with all links and information on the front page including roadmap and whitepapers
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:54:48 AM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

Not really, none of them. The only thing can attract me is the price fluctuation so that I can start day trade with that ICO tokens and I can generate some profit for myself.

The rest of technical details are really not in my range.

These features for long term investors, not for traders like me.
AngelMeso

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:57:46 AM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

I would say it is a mixture of all those that you mentioned, webiste design tells you a lot about how much effort they put in the project, the team behind the project is very important, it should be a medium size team (minimum 10 people) and with diverse expertience and skills related to the project itself.
The whitepaper information is key to take a decision if this is a place to invest your money.
And last but not least the product itself that probably is the most important aspect to consider, if this product goin to be required in the marketplace? will the people addopt it?

engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:00:39 AM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

The white paper will give you a broader look of what the ICO proposes, it's a good parameter that you should consider. An outstanding website design is surely attractive but the important thing is, the project team should be capable and responsible plus the good track record of their career, and of course the essence of the product. Anyways, It is you who will decide, do more research before you invest to something.

[
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:04:39 AM

Is it the Whitepaper? - Has to be made with care. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I want to get the feeling they paid attention to detail.
Is it the Website design? - No, most ICO websites are just informational landing pages.
Is it the Project Team? - People with experience from conventional markets are overrated. Give me a team of young hungry developers and I will be happy.
Is it the Product? - YES! It has to have a beta of a working product. And the product has to make sense in the long term.

okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:13:40 AM

What makes me invest in today's running ICO is first I look at their whitepaper then the team, I search one by one the team members including the developers and founders to make sure all of them are legit. And of course you also check out the product as well if it is going to make it out once the project will be in the market, I usually check them out if the people or even those people who could afford the project are willing to test it out just like apps that you download, it is a trial and error if the customers do like the product.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:29:45 AM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

All of your list, We need a lot of the sources to detemine however the project was good or not. But the team's history seems to be a main reason about that. I said about the history of the team will try to determine the future of the project itself.
that needs develop by the proffesional and not amateur person.
The community feedback and it seems you are missing it right now mate
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:37:04 AM

I would have to think about it a lot before joining an ico, it should be a very big project before i join, because it is very difficult to find a good one nowadays, most of them are pure garbage created in order to raise some millions, and that is annoying, maybe this is one of the real reasons of why icos are not being succesfull at the moment. But there are some that are doing it good, propthereum is a good project and i would suggest everybody to take a look at there, i have looked at their project and it looks very promising.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 03:44:26 AM

Nobody really cares about the product. It doesn’t matter what product it is if the team is strong and willing to do anything to launch it int he market. If it gets developed properly and gets market recognition then the prices will rise 100% surely. So we are investing to support that only and they must make it up to that promise.

What it depend on is how successful team is in handling the whole stuff. Whether they are runners, are they online all the time giving us the love feedback from their develpoment and are they working according to their roadmaps, this is what really drives big investors into their projects and they can make money out of it. If they make th money then they can share that with us and thus we find such successful ICO. So they come rarely I believe.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:52:51 AM

@ledu_ico. For an ICO, it would be a combination of a good development team and what the project's code is based on. But that would still be not enough. The developers themselves should be honest and should be working on the project because they believe they can create something good, secure and functional.

It is really bad to know that some projects have competent developers who are aware that they working on insecure software but remain to keep silent.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███