Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?  (Read 1759 times)
Julia_bitcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:20:29 AM

I think every element is important here. But special the Whitepaper because there the main information (Market Analysis, Introduction to product, Technical, Use cases, The ICO, Roadmap of development, Financial Projections, Team). It is worth finding such solutions if they exist and compare them.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:13:35 AM

Without a doubt I will choose first the Project Team with the best composition. A very reliable Project Team can make a mediocre product to be successful, compared to a good product that cannot be delivered to success by a poor Project team. What's more they can do to a Whitepaper and website design of a certain project. Absolutely the best Project Team is my basis for making an investment in today's running ICOs?
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:57:19 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Website design?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

For me:

1)a team with a perfect track record, innovative and marketable product and partners with a high level of credibility. They can't simply fuck up because their reputation is at stake.

2) a clear and coherent whitepaper and roadmap, vast media coverage and constant feedback from devs.

gsg07

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:05:05 AM

Before investing need to determine whether the company is genuine or this is a scam =)
FrayDigger

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:05:49 AM

I try to visit the conferences like World Blockchain Forum: Investments & ICOs, Casual Meetup and the next will be Blockshow Asia.. there you can see the top of start ups, best ICo.. I invest in ICos which I heard in these conferences only as minimum
Mascrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:18:47 AM

WavePay just started and started the first token distribution. Something like ICO

Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388903.0
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:40:54 AM

I look at all of the four points you talk about, very thoroughly. Too many scams out there, you have to be careful and study every aspect of a project before actually investing in it.
Not only the number of scams is discouraging the amount of people investing in icos, the growth of bitcoin is doing that as well bitcoin is going up in this year like no one imagined and the bigger the profits we can get with bitcoin the less interested people will be with icos and if we take into account the incredible profits we could get in the next year then it is not really a surprise that icos are having a hard time getting investors.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:46:30 AM

There is still some jem in the sands. Look for it.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:10:42 AM

Syncfab ICO is not bad seemingly. O don’t know how it will work but the idea to integrate blockchain principles into production process is smart. I think using crypto in the real sector of economy is promising thing for the world.

And I also like crypto.tickets! It already have success in ICO. You can look it, ICO still going.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:17:09 AM

I invest ico to benefit from the ico I choose to invest. I chose the clear ico project and have a broad and comprehensive marketing.
ledu_ico (OP)

Activity: 1250

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 05:53:56 PM

I look at all of the four points you talk about, very thoroughly. Too many scams out there, you have to be careful and study every aspect of a project before actually investing in it.
Not only the number of scams is discouraging the amount of people investing in icos, the growth of bitcoin is doing that as well bitcoin is going up in this year like no one imagined and the bigger the profits we can get with bitcoin the less interested people will be with icos and if we take into account the incredible profits we could get in the next year then it is not really a surprise that icos are having a hard time getting investors.

You have a very good point there, what about the big whales? Do they also save all their bitcoins?

kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:49:54 PM

As most of the ICO's are scams nowadays, so reviewing team is very important. Looking back at team members previous work and reputation help us to determine the ICO genuineness. Second, comes the product concept and whitepaper. Last but not least, website design, a user-friendly website helps the users to understand the concept and convince them to invest in that ICO.
Alexxo

Activity: 309
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:29:52 PM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

The main thing is idea and then it's whitepaper

ledu_ico (OP)

Activity: 1250

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:31:48 PM

Before investing need to determine whether the company is genuine or this is a scam =)

I think that is something you can determine in first minutes of investigating the ICO, for example their webpage design matters a lot, if it's professional or a $1 usd design.

bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:42:24 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

I think every aspect you have mentioned would play a part in determining if one should invest in an ICO or not. Another aspect you can include is the long term goal of the developers; how they plan to realize their objectives through the introduction and mobilization of their tokens; and the track record of the developer team. The manager can also be an indicator if the project is well-maintained because some manager are unfortunately using their knowledge to take advantage of people. If you are convinced with those factors, then go and take the plunge.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
ployfit

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

You have a very good point there, what about the big whales? Do they also save all their bitcoins?

We all try to act responsible here by checking the legal status of the token sales and ico things. We try to find the legit ones only. This is to avoid undesired situations like getting scammed by scammer projects. I find legit ones and participate in their token sale.
RedUkulele

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:57:05 PM

Lots of good thoughts. As for
me, investing in ICOs is a great way to make some money.
I always trying visit ico events. Like Im planning to go to Singapure to Blockshowasia in a couple of days
If the project you are going to invest in is strong, it would be a good idea to invest in that project.
RitikaSha

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:01:54 PM

First thing is product.Your product makes your whitepaper. So if the product is right then you may go for checking other things
RADTEAM

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:37:18 PM

With all recent discussions on regulated ICO vs unregulated ICO - legal aspects are also a big consideration. The team behind the ICO can be great, but with legal done wrong, a regulator can seize its operations in a moment (and all investors are very likely to lose money at that point).
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

All of the four. Because all of them are pretty vital in determining the scams and legitimate alternative coin projects.
Another thing to observe is its announcement thread and the way they advertise their project. Also, the investors of the project. Plus the collaborations of which there are well know companies contributing to the project.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░