Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?  (Read 1759 times)
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:26:50 PM

All of the things mentioned above make me at least thinking about investing into an ICO. However, I prefer mostly to trade as it is less risky. I just spend much time researching the crypto market and then buy this or that alt.
xpashtetx

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

As already mentioned, first of all it is worth deciding on investments based on the team and product that they will do. By the way, that is why many ICO take people with the positive experience of past projects to give investors confidence in the project.
iloveturtles

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:46:45 PM

I think all of the items listed above are important. If the ICO has a nice product but a weak team then it isn't going to go far and vice versa.

Right now I am focusing on ICO's that actually have a working product before they launch their ICO. I think we are seeing this shift and it will be very interesting to see where it is going to go in the foreseeable future. I do not see ICO's stopping any time soon.
bitcryptone

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:31:33 PM

Project team, hype and ofcourse the product itself - i guess this is what u should look at
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:09:51 AM

In the past we all seen some good ICOs made %20000 then why not to try your luck?
I am investing on ICOs like gambling and i profit more then gambling.

Because icos can be a lot more dangerous than gambling, do you know why? because when you gamble you only bet money you can afford to lose, but when you invest that is money that probably took you years or even decades to save and if you invest that money in an ico there are great chances you lose that money, this is why even if I like icos I have stopped investing in them.
fazerockzx

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:18:07 AM

If everything is on point, it would make me invest in the ICO that i have chosen to invest in. Whitepaper, team members, website designs, product, i will look for a great performance and outcome of it all like it has to have active and smart team members, it has to be a great and smooth web design and the product must be marketable for me to like, those are the characteristics or base that would make me invest in an ICO.
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:42:53 AM

In my opinion, When I research about ICOs, I will focus on the possibility of the project. It means I will ask myself some question: Is this project necessary? How can they do it? What value does this project provide?... Answer those question, you will find out the good ICO to invest.

crypto4lambo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:19:56 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Website design?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

Before I invest in ICO, I make a research about its offering. It must have a realistic plan and executable product in the future. Many ICO are being offered but doesn't have a working product, they state that the money they will get from ICO is being used to fund the project. If that is the case then that is automatic no for me. I treat ICO as an investment and not charity. I see to it that I minimize the risk of investing by researching about the company and the dev team behind it. What is also its edge on its rival considering that many altcoins have excellent features compared to others. If it has great potential and has innovation then I must consider it.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:23:30 AM

The project's team should be the number one reason to invest or avoid investing in any ICO.  Without a competent team, the whitepaper, roadmaps, vision, etc. are all worthless.  Always research each team member to see if they are qualified to do what they say they can do. 
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:14:56 AM

I usually read first the whitepaper because of course it contains almost all the information you want to know about the products and the ideas if it is feasible enough second the background of the team members and its capabilities to make such projects and one thing Im always check on how the team will do the ICO system like for the distribution of tokens and the refund if possible I always prefer an automatic distribution rather than manual claiming for less hassle.    

Red Lanterns

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 07:29:06 AM

The combination of these 4. But the product plays the biggest role, because it means that company does not go to ICO empty-handed and has smth to invest funds in. I'd say it is some kind of guarantee. Project team is also important. The project is going to be likely successful and free from risk if it is supported by influental persons.

❤️🍓💋Your Guide to Sexual Education and Freedom 💑🍒💌
👉🏻 RED LANTERNS 👈🏻
Onepager White paper Telegram chat Ann Thread
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:00:01 PM

For addition i will consider the marketcap,the coin supply and the community supporting it to be sure that it has less chance of failing.
What leads a person to invest in a currency and the joining of all things, ranging from a project that actually solves a real demand, honest and competent people in the development team (the person's past and his / her work), a a clear whitepaper and a set of rules that will clarify all the doubts about the project and the necessary information on the currency's usefulness to a bold design that really draws attention to the coin.
batmanbabushka

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:54:38 PM

Personally all the normal things need to be there (like a good white paper, strong team, good concept, numbers in the right place), but recently I have been going for ICO's that already have some sort of a working product.

I find it is better when I can actually see their product and the strengths and weaknesses, plus I can see constant progress. Makes me feel more comfortable to invest into the project.
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:00:48 PM

After months of staying away from ICOs, thanks to big losses on all of the ones I chose, I will decide only on one big ICO in 2018. At the same times, I will also keep a watch on the ICOs I joined, perhaps they will "become big" in 2018 or beyond, so I consider those losses but never know I might be surprised so let that be a "bonus" if it happens.

That ideal ICO will just be a simple one:
1. Existing business that wants to expand.
2. Good, simple whitepaper, no need too complicated, just clear reasonable targets.
3. Good budget. Not stupid soft and hard cap with no backing.
4. No promotions across all major platforms. I think this stung me before. I just want to see good communication and realism.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Anchor867

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

it may depend on the ICO that I was looking for but I still prefer ICO that is very promising according to the recommendation of my friend on the crypto currency so if they prefer I will join it
bohr

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:57:15 AM

For addition i will consider the marketcap,the coin supply and the community supporting it to be sure that it has less chance of failing.
The coin supply is very important, some devs want to print an infinite amount of coins and that is a mistake since the coins of everyone else gets less valuable with time, the market cap is also very important I have seen icos getting a huge amount of  money and to me that is a bad investment since it is a lot more difficult for that coin to grow when so much money has been invested in it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:05:27 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

everything that you've said is what the right ICO needs to be
invested,but most specially is the people behind the project.the credibility
and reliability of each and every individuals ,their personality is what the
ICOs promise to the investors to be legitimate project and trustworthy
bohr

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:01:30 PM

In my opinion, When I research about ICOs, I will focus on the possibility of the project. It means I will ask myself some question: Is this project necessary? How can they do it? What value does this project provide?... Answer those question, you will find out the good ICO to invest.
You forgot the most important of all, the devs, the idea may be incredible and it may even be revolutionary but when things get rough you will need a set of developers that are truly great on their respective fields, if they are not then it is very likely the project is going to fail since people will being to lose hope in the expertize of the devs.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

All the above but recently I have been looking into ICO's that have a working product.

I can see improvements weekly and I see they are putting effort and where it is going. I think that all ICO's should do this and I see it becoming a normal thing in the future.
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:54:41 PM

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

I think the first is the potential exchange, the second is the background of the team, and the third is the white paper, which is the three criteria that I judge the ICO.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: