Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first three days in day trading.  (Read 2684 times)
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:48:39 AM

I think you have chosen the right strategy, especially in the current market you will be able to earn a lot. The main thing is not to be greedy, it can lead to losses.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

So after doing a TON of research I rearranged my schedule and decided to try my hand at day trading.

I decided to start off really small, so I only put in .02 BTC to see where I can go with it.
I've been using only cryptopia.

After three days...I'm up to .0338711 BTC! Wao! I'm a rich man! lol...

I was pleasantly surprised that a simple strategy brought steady gains.
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out indicators of coins that were about to be pumped.  I looked at trade volume, spikes in value, market cap, buy/sell order history, etc.
I am going about this very cautiously, so when I felt like a coin was about to or in the beginning to middle stages of being pumped, I would buy it, and right away put in a sell order that was slightly higher for a small gain.  I tried my best to not put in too much and resell for a lot higher and the result was steady (but tiny gains).  As I get comfortable with this I will probably try larger investments.

I know I'm very amateurish but it feels good to get better at something yeah?

Anyone had similar experiences in day trading?
Don't think about the small profits. You really did great as you were not experienced and yet managed to get a good profit of approx 0.0128711 BTC. That is really great. Most of the time i try day-trading, i faces loss and hence i leave day trading. Trading for long terms have been profitable for me but not day trading. Perhaps I can't understand the dips much properly and hence have loss in it.
tttuida

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:14:23 AM

I had same problems as the majority if people here have as well. I have spent too much money that day but I don't regret now because I have learnt how to do it.
binting

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:16:06 AM

should always keep your mind sober and understand that there is a high chance that you just was lucky enough to get this profit sometimes you can spend days analyzing charts the starting period is the hardest for many people simply because you should look through tons of new information....
FishsHumnsToo

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:23:56 AM

It seems that the time of HODL and investing in new projects in cryptocurrency is coming to its logical conclusion. You will either have to study trading or leave the cryptocurrency market
amitkumratra

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:27:05 PM

In the early days of my trading, i made a small profit from my investment, but maybe it was due to luck because at that time i am very panic, confused and there was no knowledge about the trading.
I also found that the day trading is very risky but also full of money, and also found that crypto currency trading requires a lots of funds, strategy, patience and most important knowledge about crypto currencies because the crypto market is very volatile nature.
Then i decided to learn it and now after learning and controlling all these things, i have come again for business and now it is making good profit.
delton22

Activity: 345
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:38:39 PM

swing trading is really nice. because swing traders use technical analysis to look for low prices and sell at a higher price.. i tried this with BTK and made a good profit out of it
nashmia13

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

my 1st day in trading is not that cool, i invested in the coin like a cheap one and then the coin keeps on selling high and i did sell my coin for me to gain profit but suddenly my sell order didnt hit, i dont know the reason why or maybe some buyer  dont want to buy more coins, so i wait a little longer and then i cancel it and sell again my coins at the same price i bought but i lose some sat due to interest of the market exchange.  Grin
johnreese5895

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:12:30 AM

Congrats, mind elaborating a bit about how to study a coin to buy/sell it? I too want start trading.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:09:58 AM

So after doing a TON of research I rearranged my schedule and decided to try my hand at day trading.

I decided to start off really small, so I only put in .02 BTC to see where I can go with it.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out indicators of coins that were about to be pumped.  I looked at trade volume, spikes in value, market cap, buy/sell order history, etc.
I am going about this very cautiously, so when I felt like a coin was about to or in the beginning to middle stages of being pumped, I would buy it, and right away put in a sell order that was slightly higher for a small gain.  I tried my best to not put in too much and resell for a lot higher and the result was steady (but tiny gains).  As I get comfortable with this I will probably try larger investments.

keep up the good mind set. it will reward you well.
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:20:56 AM

I think you have chosen the right strategy, especially in the current market you will be able to earn a lot. The main thing is not to be greedy, it can lead to losses.

Agree with you, the most feared in trading cryptocurency is "greedy"
There is no senior in the cryptocurrency trade, because the market is always changing and cannot be guessed.
regarcigar

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:41:06 PM

see from the first time you trade it was a good start because not everyone succeeded in trading  first failure due to lack of strategy and lack of trading knowledge. I myself always failed in my first trading because I was lazy to learn good trading methods

trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:47:17 PM

Yes, during the period of global growth, we can say that any project that previously had at least some fame had chances to be pumped up with money, but what to do now? It seems to me that now it is getting harder at times.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:32:15 PM

There is no senior in the cryptocurrency trade, because the market is always changing and cannot be guessed.
Greed should not be a thing when you are not ignorant of what you are doing. The craziest aspect of trading in general is to trade without knowledge, strategy and plan. The OP apparently had his first three days in trading well for him because he was able to follow a plan which we know a lot of people cannot have because they simply are so reluctant to learning.

Nevertheless, I would have loved to see how the OP was able to manage the bear trend, since when he posted this was the period of the bulls in the market, so it was easy to trade and make something substantial during that period.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:24:43 PM

Well greed has already turned good profits to heavy losses a lot of times in the past. You should have the presence of mind to know that you've made enough profit. These are lessons that are taught over and over again with trading in crypto.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:19:58 PM

Well greed has already turned good profits to heavy losses a lot of times in the past. You should have the presence of mind to know that you've made enough profit. These are lessons that are taught over and over again with trading in crypto.
I agree with you. Greed has ruined many. One of the rules that should be followed when trading, this is how much you have not earned, you should leave 10 percent of the profits.
Alliipp

Activity: 374
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:07:13 PM

I think it's less time if it's only 3 days. we should be able to analyze a coin in the market, whether it has a good development and is long enough or not, because if we are wrong it will suffer a lot of losses.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:20:04 PM

keep up the good mind set. it will reward you well.
That has always been an advantage of having a strategy if you want to trade, and you certainly cannot have a strategy if you do not learn the basic things you need to know when it comes to trading, using indicators and analyzing the market.

One thing a lot of people always find very hard to achieve because they are too lazy to learn. With that kind of attitude, he will always be able to build confidence around his strategy and make better decisions for himself in the long run.
mandeepcrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

You are  very lucky to get  good profit.But my first day was very worst .In that situation I had not lost my heart  and do work regularly with trust that one day I  will  good profit  .
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:47:41 PM

It depends a lot on which market you are trading. Different  market conditions require different strategies.
I was practicing also with small amounts at the start but took me long to figure out how to trade profitably
long term and still learning. Would be nice to hear what are your impressions after a year ....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: