Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:49:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto  (Read 3281 times)
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:02:42 PM

FIAT and Crypto both are serving the same purpose that is the mode of transaction. So how FIAT is better???

Yes, I may agree that most people are not much aware of BTC and are not comfortable in making a transaction in everyday life.
But that is their lack of technical skills.
Moreover, you can't HODL million of dollars in your pocket but Millions of BTC is just a click away from you. You can carry it to anywhere at anytime without any govt interference in it.
Isn't that amazing!!!
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

Totally true.. the people more believe FIAT because FIAT is real and crypto currency can't use to daily transaction..  I think they are know about crypto but maybe they are thinking crypto currency just for invesment.
sanada.motokage

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:25:00 PM

The market cap for cryptocurrency is still very small when compare with any stock market.
But who knows that more and more people will invest cryptocurrency in the future.
Just like BTC inflation, cryptocurrency market will increase soon, everyone catches up this opportunity

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:36:30 PM

99% of the people you are talking about do not dig deeper into the internet. They are clueless about what the internet can provide for them. I do not blame them to be honest. But anyways, they are free to believe in whatever they want. Their life, their choice.

In my opinion, I prefer dealing with crypto-currency for it is known to have many advantages unlike the regulated fiat money. I hope you get my point.
Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:39:46 PM

99% of the people you are talking about do not dig deeper into the internet. They are clueless about what the internet can provide for them. I do not blame them to be honest. But anyways, they are free to believe in whatever they want. Their life, their choice.

In my opinion, I prefer dealing with crypto-currency for it is known to have many advantages unlike the regulated fiat money. I hope you get my point.

I also like to use crypto currency. But in order to survive, I must use Fiat. That's why I also think that Fiat is a great way to pay

Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:05:25 PM

As of today majority of people will really insist having fiat is better then bitcoin it is because the acceptability of bitcoin in most cases are not yet established there lot's of limitations so far when using it but when the day comes that bitcoim will be accepted and adopted in more countries then people will come to realize that this is really a good thing and having it will benefit a lot unlike fiat in your wallet.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

There is no comparison. The only real money are token money which are basically shares of a real asset , cryptos like Bitcoin are Proof of Waste coins and actually do nothing, on the other hand ethereum like platforms are very important and have real value because do a service to the people.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

Well that might be due to less informations fed to those individuals and we can't blame them actually, because fiat cash money has been circulating the government for so long time ago. In crypto currency I agree that crypto currency has really a great advantages compared with cash today, because there's a good business with it and also this now became a widely known trading platform.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:17:30 PM

I think it's not 99% at all, since more and more people are gaining trust on Bitcoin everyday, there is also somewhat a gap between people who still believes in the old system that Fiat will still be used as currency and those who accepted change and wanted to get out of the old system. Mostly those who still don't accept changes are part of of the baby boomer generation, who mostly are strict and follows orders and believes in the government. I think there will come a time that their generation will realize that the new ideology is better than theirs, and the statistics will change.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:33:14 PM

There is no comparison. The only real money are token money which are basically shares of a real asset , cryptos like Bitcoin are Proof of Waste coins and actually do nothing, on the other hand ethereum like platforms are very important and have real value because do a service to the people.

Wow, so you are saying that bitcoin is just "proof of waste coin" that "actually" did nothing? I think without bitcoin Ethereum will not even exist. Ethereum is just that useful since it is that easy to fork and create tokens, do that in the platform with the type of bitcoin where it is so popular and big in the crypto world, even one fork of bitcoin is a big deal and it is a serious matter.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:46:02 PM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.
There are some crypto currencies which promises anonymity ,but i am not sure how anonymous all the promised tokens are ,the main difference i would like to defer is i do not want a centrally controlled monopoly with inflation to be my method of investment and that is the main difference between your thought process and mine,i am not here looking for anonymity,i am looking for a better solution which cannot be tainted by greedy bankers.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:43:23 AM

Maybe they dont know yet what crypto currency is. I think bitcoin is better because even you store it on your wallet, its price increases while fiats are not, like what you said, it inflates.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Jake052478

Activity: 224

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:58:04 AM

We cannot blame people who think fiat money is still better than cryptocurrency because fiat money has been around for centuries and you cannot just instantly replace it.  Besides there are still a lot of people are not yet acquainted with cryptocurrency.  In our country, only people in the highly urbanized place knew about it.  Whenever I talked about bitcoins, they were all just in a what question. So to replace it right away or to think it is better, hmmm.... in two to three years time... then we can say....
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:08:46 AM

Again this is a case to case basis. Cyptocurrencies still doesn't have the dominance in the market. I'm not sure if we even getting to 10% of the total population around the world. Of course for those who haven't found or discovered bitcoin, fiat is still the best for them. Although bitcoin is gaining popularity it hasn't reach the so called mass adoption that we are looking. On the other hand, those who is already in crypto already considered it the better, but fiat has its usage and for me, its better to enjoy the best of both worlds. Nothing is wrong with that mindset.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:56:39 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
Well, it's true that since the bitcoin blockchain contains a record of all transactions, if you spend enough time, you can trace where money goes.  If you can associate addresses at the "on-ramps" and "off-ramps" with particular people, you can trace their money.  Of course that does take a lot of effort.  So yeah, fiat cash is more anonymous.  And it is certainly more convenient.  But you can do a lot of things with bitcoin that you can't easily do (or do at all) with cash or fiat (like international money transfers).
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:26:26 AM

Because we can use fiat than cryptocurrency at this time that is why 99% of the people still think that fiat is still better than crypto. But that is in terms of usage but if we base it with investment then crypto is way better than fiat.
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:31:38 AM

Of course fiat is much better than crypto currency because it can be used anywhere while fiat is can only used in online transactions the only advantage of digital currency is in form of investment because it can give much faster income than investing in real estate.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:54:00 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said: "Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

As far as I am concerned, what we have right now is the freedom of choice as there is a new form of money we can use for many intent and purposes...meaning we are not anymore limited with the fiat money. Personally speaking, I have no problem with the fiat money and there is no need to say that it would soon die because there will always be many people who can not use new technology and we have to respect them for their choice. Can you just imagine a woman who is already 85 and you insist that she should be using the crypto form of money instead of the paper bills she might have in her purse? That would tantamount to be an insult.

There is no need to choose one over the other because both have advantages and disadvantages and that is a big reality we have to accept in life: there is no perfect invention ever and all are subject to change that is why we always say that there is always some room for improvement. We have to remember that there is no law or any moral code for that matter dictating that we should be prioritizing the digital form of money over its printed counterpart. In other words, we can have both and I think this is quite true with all people here in the Bitcoin community. We have Bitcoin and we also have the traditional paper money. No need to dismiss one in favor of the other one.

I agree and I like what you have pointed out. I'm an active user of cryptocurrency and I support its use however it does not mean that I sometimes prefer the use of fiat over bitcoin or other crypto. Perhaps your friend did not understand the concept of decentralization which bitcoin has. We can't force the use of crypto to everyone. I can't blame them if they refuse or do not understand it immediately. A lot still feel more secure with the use of fiat because it has been here for a much longer time plus they are more familiar with it. People wouldn't want to risk with something as foreign and alien such as bitcoin or cryptocurrency.

Each has it advantages and disadvantages and one is better to use than the other in different situations - it really depends.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:55:47 AM

This is totally true and something we all don't think about enough because we have been talking crypto so much. We do not connect with the outside world enough and this is something we have to do more otherwise we get confused and are not connected with what's really going on in the world and what people really need. That is the most improtant thing.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:11:23 AM

I know you don't have a source for the statistic that you cited, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were accurate. Cryptocurrencies aren't mainstream yet, and I would estimate that actual holders of crypto comprises less than 1% of the population.

That being said, cash on your wallet is barely anonymous. You're wearing your face while transacting lol. I suppose it could be nearly impossible to track hoarded cash though. Still, fully anonymous cryptocurrencies are much better in a transactional aspect in my opinion.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: